Iowaians - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-15-2005, 02:41 AM Thread Starter
Seasoned PostWhore

Iowaians

Many for Thomas, how did yall fair in the storms?

If all else fails get a bigger hammer!

93 SC Tbird
MPII w/ Plenum,90mm MAF, 85mm TB, 40# Injectors, 255 lph FP, Double IC w/fan, SCT Chip (Tuned by Jerry),3/4" Raised Top, F52-TT TC, SilverFox AOD 550, SPT-R VB
96 1/2 XR7 Sold and Salvaged
93 5.0 Tbird
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-15-2005, 07:01 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to lightevergreenfrost
I hope everyone was OK there. Those storms are suppose to hit here this afternoon and are suppose to be severe. I still feel bad for those in Evansville In which is just a few miles from my hometown.

T-Bird Registry Number 27526
My Car Domain Site
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2282851
My Space:
http://www.myspace.com/jordonjones
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-15-2005, 08:33 AM
PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to whitecoug
One place in nw ames got leveled, and a couple towns, one to the nw of ames about 20 miles and one to the sw of ames got hit pretty bad. woodward took the brunt of the tornado that came through ames. i just made it out to the tailgating lot before the game when the sirens and the cops started flying by telling everyone to go to Hilton to be safe...yeah, walk about 3/4 mile in the midst of a tornado and chance that...they ended up evacuating the staduim too.

Edit: Here's the story from the paper this morning
http://www.iowastatedaily.com/vnews/.../43796cba8ca69

joe

1994 Mercury Cougar XR7 4.6L Special Edition

PnP'd NPIs, PI Cams, PI intake, 80mm GT MAF, 24# Injectors, Shorty Headers, SCT Tuned, Jmod, Trans Cooler, 3.73's, Underdrives, Zex Dry kit 75 shot, Dirtydog TC, Trans built by Darrin, 97 Cupholders

219 RWHP/256 RWTQ NA
280 RWHP/343 RWTQ Bottle Fed (75 shot)
[email protected] mph 5/20/06

I feel sorry for the people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.

Last edited by whitecoug; 11-15-2005 at 05:54 PM.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-15-2005, 06:22 PM
6th Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to jarends00
heh, at first I thought you were talking about the SNOW storm that we are getting smoked with right now. Dbq didn't have anything really yesterday...a bunch of rain and some wind, but that was it.

Wiz

I keep bodies in my trunk for traction.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-16-2005, 08:51 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to ben_cline Send a message via MSN to ben_cline Send a message via Yahoo to ben_cline
FYI, it's Iowigians. :P

Ya, Iowa winters must suck. I used to live there and hear more stuff from there than my aunt in Montana, which is where I wanna move. But she lives in Bozeman and I don't hear too much about bad weather.

Benjamin' 07/30/82 Christian MySpace CarDomain
Celica and Chevy 1500 are sold for parts. Now I'm left with the broken Buick and my '98 Dakota.
Bedroom: Pioneer VSX23, DefTech BP6s (front) ProCenter 2000, Mirage Omni 350s, 10" Kicker L7 pushed by PExpress plate amp, XBox 360, PS3, 50" LG 3D plasma.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-16-2005, 09:31 PM
PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to whitecoug
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93pimpin
FYI, it's Iowigians. :P

Ya, Iowa winters must suck. I used to live there and hear more stuff from there than my aunt in Montana, which is where I wanna move. But she lives in Bozeman and I don't hear too much about bad weather.

They don't really suck too bad...you get used to them. It's the quick change in climate that gets you. Friday it was near 70, tornadoes on Saturday and today we had a wind chill of 1 degree...typical of Iowa.

Joe

1994 Mercury Cougar XR7 4.6L Special Edition

PnP'd NPIs, PI Cams, PI intake, 80mm GT MAF, 24# Injectors, Shorty Headers, SCT Tuned, Jmod, Trans Cooler, 3.73's, Underdrives, Zex Dry kit 75 shot, Dirtydog TC, Trans built by Darrin, 97 Cupholders

219 RWHP/256 RWTQ NA
280 RWHP/343 RWTQ Bottle Fed (75 shot)
[email protected] mph 5/20/06

I feel sorry for the people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-16-2005, 09:35 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to ben_cline Send a message via MSN to ben_cline Send a message via Yahoo to ben_cline
It snowed the worst of the year when we moved back in 91. Of course, here we had to take my baby brother home on the coldest day of the year, record low. Stupid insurance...

Benjamin' 07/30/82 Christian MySpace CarDomain
Celica and Chevy 1500 are sold for parts. Now I'm left with the broken Buick and my '98 Dakota.
Bedroom: Pioneer VSX23, DefTech BP6s (front) ProCenter 2000, Mirage Omni 350s, 10" Kicker L7 pushed by PExpress plate amp, XBox 360, PS3, 50" LG 3D plasma.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in