GM in finanicial trouble.... - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-17-2005, 04:00 PM Thread Starter
PostWhore

GM in finanicial trouble....

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10086163/
Ouch, looking at those figures, GM is in big trouble right now. Its just too bad they cant seem to get going.

2007 White Ford Focus SE ZX3 Hatchback (The new driver)
1997 Alpine Green 4.6L Bird (SOLD!)

Mods:
Removed Air silencer, Clear Corners, Silverstar headlights and corner lights, Moroso Bluemax Spiral Core wires, Custom 3" Magnaflow exhaust with 2.5" Y-Pipe, 300-450 HP J-mod Kit by dirtyd0g , Hayden 30k GVWR Trans Cooler, Sport Front Suspension, 03-04 Cobra Rear Shocks, PBR Front Brake Swap, Xcal 2 by Lonnie @ Blueovalchips.com, 22C plugs, 180F T-stat, 02GT MAF/Airbox with K&N Drop in, Griffin Radiator, Cobra Water Pump
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-17-2005, 08:58 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

I've been keeping up with that here and there. I hope they can finally turn things around soon. As much of a Ford man that I am, I'd hate to see a domestic manufacturer go into bankruptcy protection. I actually like some of the GM products. Hopefully Ford is able to turn things around as well, or they may eventually face the same issues.

Jay

These are highly engineered precision vehicles, the first step in diagnosing the problem is to strike the suspected offending part sharply and repeatedly with a blunt object, then re-test.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-18-2005, 04:27 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

they wont close their doors anyways, uncle sam wouldnt let it happen. the military and other government agencies would buy gm vehicles to help bail them out. same thing happened when chrysler was in trouble.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-18-2005, 08:23 AM
PostWhore

GM cant fail, the loss of jobs would be devastating. If it gets as bad as Chrysler the feds will save them no matter whos in office.

The military has been buying GM vehicles for a long time, the Hum Vees. I dont remember if GM builds the vehicle itself but the engines are GM built, least in the early ones, I havent looked into it for a while.

Like FordMan77, Im a Ford guy myself (with a soft spot for old Chryslers lol) but I would hate to see a company like GM thats been around for so long and employ so many people to fail or get taken over buy an oversees corp like Chrysler did.

"She aint a Cadillac and she aint a Rolls, but there aint nothin wrong with the radio"

Of course everyone loves a hard worker, they do all the work!

90 LS - gone damn city drivers
93 Explorer XL 2dr 4x4 - totalled does anyone in that f*ckin city know how to drive

OK, that was twice in 6 months, red means STOP
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-18-2005, 01:06 PM
The Band, not the Disease!

Send a message via AIM to AnthraxBird
AM General built the older humvee's. Im not sure if they are sitll building more or not. I know GM had a small part in it though. I heard Ford and GM arent doing well, chrysler is making by, and the import companies are doing well.

1997 Mark VIII LSC - Toreador Red
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-18-2005, 01:55 PM
Refrigerator Raider Hater

I don't want them to fail simply because of all the people they owe money to...if GM goes bankrupt, thousands of people will lose their pensions. Guess who gets to pay for their pension then? Yep, the people who are working now.

Matt "Looks Like Egon" Davis
96 Alpine Green V8
98 Audi A8 4.2Q in Racing Green Totalled
02 Audi A8L 4.2Q in Black

I buy my OEM Ford parts at 10% over dealer cost from Steve in White Bear Lake, MN.
You drive "like a man possessed"... by a woman!
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-18-2005, 01:59 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to The Great Obucina
weak dollar isnt helping much either.

"Booyah". Stu Scott.
1996 Braincoated, all Aluminum PI powered and obscenely loud Pearl White Tbird [email protected] AKA Dyrdek.
2013 Black on black FX2 Supercrew Ecoboost F150. Roll onto the scene with the ceiling missing.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-18-2005, 02:45 PM
PostWhore

Garage
A lot of the airlines have filed bankruptcy and are still flying. The high pension and medical cost are killing them compared to the low cost competitors. The auto makers are now trying that, puts their pension burden on the government. New laws just passed will increase the amount companies pay the government for pension insurance to help this problem. Unions still want everything and don't want to budge. I don't think you will see GM close its doors.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in