Fed up, dont know what to do. - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-19-2005, 09:32 AM Thread Starter
Baby Huey

Fed up, dont know what to do.

I got a job about a week and a half ago working at a carwash. These "people" are total f-ups(the supervisors) they make you show up on saturday and sunday at 7:30 in the morning which is fine, but the problem is that they wont let you clock in until they need you and you cant leave. Last sunday they made me wait until 11:15 to clock in. This week we will have to give up our day off because of thanksgiving. This morning I went in at 7:30 and at nine o'clock i got tired of all this bullcrap that i quit so now i gotta talk to my schools co-op teacher about helping me find another job. Im not sure but i think that what the carwash is doing is illegal. The work was not a problem, im not lazy, i just think it isnt right to not pay people for the time they put in.

Jim

1995 Thunderbird LX: Vortech S-Trim(12psi), Forged PI 4.6, T-45, SCT Tune, Eibach Pro-kit, Magnaflow DI/DO Exhaust, 3.73 TL, and 17" Cobras

1995 Thunderbird SC: Bone Stock
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-19-2005, 09:33 AM
PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to thunderbirdlver Send a message via Yahoo to thunderbirdlver
i agree man.

If your exhaust tip is larger than your cylinder bore, then you are a Ricer.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-19-2005, 09:35 AM
5th Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to SilverLx
Definitely not allowed I would think. I know where I work if I schedule somebody to work, they have to be paid if the yshow up at the time, until the time they're scheduled to leave unless they CHOOSE to go home.. Did people actually wait that long and take it?

Bird 1: 268 NPI comp cams, pi intake, P&P'd pi heads, ss autochrome headers (waste), dumped exhaust, sct tuned, alum driveshaft, 3.73 TL...Other minor crap

Bird 2: Vortech'd

Both silver, and bad.
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-19-2005, 10:33 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to The Great Obucina
first of all, quit complaining, you got a job at a car wash. Dont complain about gving up your off day because of turkey day,my store has 4 deliveries this week, I have a paper due monday, a mid term on tuesday and have to work everyday from staurday to wednesday, tough **** kid. Ive been doing it for years. If you dont like their ethical practices, call the labor dept, if you arent on the clock you arent under their rules. once you clock in, get to work, period.

"Booyah". Stu Scott.
1996 Braincoated, all Aluminum PI powered and obscenely loud Pearl White Tbird [email protected] AKA Dyrdek.
2013 Black on black FX2 Supercrew Ecoboost F150. Roll onto the scene with the ceiling missing.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-19-2005, 10:46 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

is your employer making you show up at 0730 and not paying you until you clock in at 0930? i didnt think so, so telling him to stfu and get used to it is alittle out of line i think. if i was you warmaster i would have told them off the first day. dont look back and go find another job.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-19-2005, 11:17 AM
PostWhore

I know labour laws vary but I dont think its legal anywhere to bring someone in and not pay them. If your not on the clock they cant make you stay, if they call you in for 7:30 then thay have to pay you starting at 7:30. If you dont like it talk to the labour board.

"She aint a Cadillac and she aint a Rolls, but there aint nothin wrong with the radio"

Of course everyone loves a hard worker, they do all the work!

90 LS - gone damn city drivers
93 Explorer XL 2dr 4x4 - totalled does anyone in that f*ckin city know how to drive

OK, that was twice in 6 months, red means STOP
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-19-2005, 11:35 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to The Great Obucina
you crazy canadians and the letter u.....

"Booyah". Stu Scott.
1996 Braincoated, all Aluminum PI powered and obscenely loud Pearl White Tbird [email protected] AKA Dyrdek.
2013 Black on black FX2 Supercrew Ecoboost F150. Roll onto the scene with the ceiling missing.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-19-2005, 11:38 AM
PostWhore

You think thats crazy, you should see how we spell centre

"She aint a Cadillac and she aint a Rolls, but there aint nothin wrong with the radio"

Of course everyone loves a hard worker, they do all the work!

90 LS - gone damn city drivers
93 Explorer XL 2dr 4x4 - totalled does anyone in that f*ckin city know how to drive

OK, that was twice in 6 months, red means STOP
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-19-2005, 12:59 PM Thread Starter
Baby Huey

Look guys im not *****in about having to work. I was just askin for your guys opinion on whether their practice is legal or not. I did not yell at the manager, I told them i have another job. FordFanatic, they are not letting people clock in till they tell them to. They make you wait around until it gets busy the they tell you to go clock in. Half the people that show up at 7:30 get to work they make the other half sit on the parking lot and wait.

Jim

1995 Thunderbird LX: Vortech S-Trim(12psi), Forged PI 4.6, T-45, SCT Tune, Eibach Pro-kit, Magnaflow DI/DO Exhaust, 3.73 TL, and 17" Cobras

post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-19-2005, 01:09 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

yeah i understand whats going on, the only way to find out if its legal or not is to go to the labor department because laws vary by state. it doesnt sound very legal though and i sure as hell wouldnt show up to work at 0730 and sit around for two hours before i actually got paid for anything. you did the right thing, now just have to find another job.

edit: maybe you thought my first post was yelling at you warmaster, it wasnt. it was directed at the post above it.

Last edited by FordFanatic; 11-19-2005 at 01:52 PM.
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-19-2005, 01:35 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

i would quit and report them to the dept of labor , thats wrong on so many levels

64 ford galaxie -FE powered beast!- sleeping giant
69 cougar standard- 347/c6 -efi restomod, heidts prog 4 link heavily modified front, custom strutrods boxed lowers rollerperches 620 lowering springs! meier shock tower brace
96 f150 supercab lifted beast! 351 powered beast
87 shasta roadmaster 29ft travel trailer- pimpdaddy camping!
mn12 less!
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-19-2005, 01:44 PM
PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to ThunderBeast86
don't be so hard on him.
Imagine this... you show up to work at your office, and well, you sit around, wait for things to happen...wait 2 or 3 hours....then you finally got paid.
Is that fair? No.
If you are scheduled to work at whatever time, and you show up, you get paid.
It's the same for all lines of work.
In my hockey rink, if teams don't show up- refs get paid for being on time.
He knows it is crap, so he quit. He's not going to be their little slave worker, and neither should any of us.
You can't tell me you'd be happy in that situation or even tolerate that situation. You wouldn't stand around AT WORK, and not get paid, even though you're on the schedule.

Good thing you quit, keep searching for a job.

2.25" True Dual Catless DI/DO Magnaflow Exhaust, Eibach Springs, Addco 1 3/8", J-mod, Viper 791 Alarm, Clarion 855 full color touch-screen, Directed 2400 amp , 2 12" CV Strokers with a custom ported box, K&N air filter, 180* T-Stat, Xcal2 SCT TUNED BY LONNIE 17 x 7.5 (245/45/17) Chrome Cobra R's, 17x9 in back(275/40/17)
DOHC sitting in the garage
Teksid 2v plans?!?!
Tranny Cooler, Dual Remote Oil Filter waiting for install
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-19-2005, 03:20 PM
Who is John Galt?

http://www.twc.state.tx.us/customers...jsempsub7.html

Check through there. That definitely can't be legal. I know in Illinois there is the "One Day Rest In Seven Act" where, unless you tell the employer otherwise, you HAVE to have one day off every for every 6 in a row you work. My old boss worked one of my friends for 13 days straight . . . got a nice little butt chewing from the District Manager who got yelled at by corporate who was yelled at by the department of labor. I'd report them on this.

Good luck on the hunt man, I think you did the right thing.

"Won't work, can't be done"
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-20-2005, 11:14 AM Thread Starter
Baby Huey

Thanks for all of your help guys. Good news is a family friend owns a business that is right by my neighborhood and is going to give me a job

Jim

post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-20-2005, 11:20 AM
6th Gear Poster

DAMN!!!!! Report that place to department of labor.... That crap is not right......

You can go as fast as your money will let you

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in