WTF is wrong with people - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-17-2006, 10:06 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Poster

WTF is wrong with people

Sorry if this is just a rant.

But I went out to get in the car today, when I noticed my clear corners were missing.

I suddenly freaked out, opened the car, checked on my cd player and speakers and found them all there. I then popped the hood and realized that they also took my tube intake.

Never gonna believe this, but when I start the car up, guess what else is missing....my ***k*** exhaust.

Wth would anyone steal exhaust, an intake, and a set of clear corners for a '95 cougar?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-17-2006, 10:14 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to MattsLE97 Send a message via Yahoo to MattsLE97
Interesting who the hell would want out stock POS exhaust Did you park it in a bad part of town or something dang sorry man

2000 dodge dakota 4.7L 4x4
Flowmaster 3" SI/DO 2.5
31" cooper stt tires (mud and off roading here I come)
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-17-2006, 10:58 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Poster

No dude, it wasn't stock exhaust.

Dual 2.25 with glasspacks and chrome tips. Hopefully I can find the guy my brother used to make it for him, cause I loved the sound. Only problem is, money is short right now.

And you want to know the sad part....it was at my own house that this happened. I'm just trying to find out how I can afford to actually put an exhaust on right now...money's tight.

Luckily I saved crappy corners and the stupid stock intake.
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-17-2006, 11:11 PM
6th Gear Poster

what about insurance covering it? I'm sure there's gotta be something there.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-17-2006, 11:13 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Did you talk to your local police department??

Flowmaster 3" SI/DO 2.5
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-18-2006, 01:15 AM
4th Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to NVMIBRD
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattsLE97
Thats the first thing I would have done

97 Thunderbird Sport (14.908 at 90.29) - J-Spec trans built by Darrin, X-Cal2 tuned and a 10" 3500 rpm stall torque convertor by DirtyDog.
97 Lincoln Mark VIII- completely stock daily driver

Pictures of My Bird
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-18-2006, 01:30 AM
MN12 Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Tony Send a message via MSN to Tony Send a message via Yahoo to Tony
Wow, that sounds odd! Seems like it could have been someone that knows you and knows what you have done to your car. You didn't have the doors locked did ya?

Also surprised you didn't notice someone "stripping" your car. Wouldn't they have to get it up in the air to get the exhaust off? Was it just clamped on? Next time get it welded!

Yea, I would of definatly contacted the police.

That sucks!

Sold - 1997 Ford Thunderbird 4.6 Sport - Full bolt on, PI stuff, gears, converter, exhaust, full suspension & many other things.

2007 MUSTANG GT (5M) - 504rwhp/449rwtq
- Paxton NOVI 2200 H.O. (10psi) - CMDP's - 127200 Comp Cams - BBK LT's - O/R X - FRPP GTA's - Mid Atlantic Tuned - FRPP 4.10's - Truetrac - Moser Axles - McLeod RST - Fidanza Steel FW - Eibach Pro Kit - J&M LCA's - UMI Relo. Brackets - Spohn Adj. PHB - Prothane Motor Mounts - Hawk HPS Pads - 19" Sport Edition KV5 Rims - Hankook Ventus V12 Evo Tires
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-18-2006, 05:44 AM
Veteran Poster

Send a message via AIM to ThomasR91169
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattsLE97
why, theyre only useful if money is involved. you couldve called them while the thiefs were in the act, and they wouldve been "yeah, well be right there" and 2 days later show up "umm, we have a report of a breakin". yeah, thanks. can i borrow your cruiser now? ill give it back in, oh, never.

sounds like someone who either A: knows your car, B: knows MN12's, or C: knows what theyre doing. i can see ganking corner lights, but stealing the intake AND exhaust without alerting anyone of their presence is hard to imagine. they must have PB blasted the exhaust for nights before and mobile air tools or something to get at that exhaust.

1994 Tbird 4.6l, 3 trannies later and still bone stock.
Click to See
2002 Stang GT, 5spd "Ellie", Eleanor Tribute. Stage 3 Roush Kit, Saleen S281 Spoiler, JMS / Ironman Customs CL-2 C-Pillar Panels. Black Racing stripes on Pepper Grey. Minor Bolt ons, Real mods coming soon(Procharger, VT cams/Headwork, 31spline Eaton Rear, T-56 Swap)
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-18-2006, 05:46 AM
Veteran Poster

people like that NEED to be shot that is low maybe you should get locking deck pins and a alarm. or just keep a rottweiler in your car

93 LX: 89 SC rear sway, Tokico drop kit, JBA headers,ported and polished Edle Brock intake,ported e7's, E303 cam, Cold air intake,75mm TB,03 Lmaf, TwEECed T4M0, smog pump & ac delete, under drive pulleys, msd 6a, 1.7 ratio roller rockers, electric fan, 3.27 trac lok, 5spd, aluminum drive shaft, digital cluster converted to analog and it works!
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-18-2006, 08:30 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to lightevergreenfrost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony
Wow, that sounds odd! Seems like it could have been someone that knows you and knows what you have done to your car. You didn't have the doors locked did ya?

Also surprised you didn't notice someone "stripping" your car. Wouldn't they have to get it up in the air to get the exhaust off? Was it just clamped on? Next time get it welded!

Yea, I would of definatly contacted the police.

That sucks!

They could have still cut it off. It was probably someone who owns one of these cars (probably on 26's) and like different parts of it. I would start looking around for another MN-12 that all the sudden has a new exhaust and clear corners.

T-Bird Registry Number 27526
My Car Domain Site
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2282851
My Space:
http://www.myspace.com/jordonjones
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-18-2006, 08:35 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to pnyklr Send a message via Yahoo to pnyklr
My brother had a Subaru in front of my house it was like a 1985 with 300,000 miles ...

My neighbor said he saw two guys walk up to the car and just drive off with it didnt think anything of it ???

Anyway we found the car a few weeks later like 5 blocks away with the distributor missing ... nothing else gone ...

my brothers leather jacket was on the back seat still with $$ in the pocket and all of his CD's were in the car and they didnt take those

people are stupid sometimes I'm surprised they went for the exhaust I would think that would be a PITA to get

Chris
87 GN,94 Prizm,05 Suburban Z71
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-18-2006, 08:44 AM
leet sauce

wow rofl
that is crazy man
check on ebay for the next few weeks im sure it will show up there sooner or later
and maybe u can buy it for cheaper then getting new one made haha
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-18-2006, 10:55 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasR91169
why, theyre only useful if money is involved. you couldve called them while the thiefs were in the act, and they wouldve been "yeah, well be right there" and 2 days later show up "umm, we have a report of a breakin". yeah, thanks. can i borrow your cruiser now? ill give it back in, oh, never.

sounds like someone who either A: knows your car, B: knows MN12's, or C: knows what theyre doing. i can see ganking corner lights, but stealing the intake AND exhaust without alerting anyone of their presence is hard to imagine. they must have PB blasted the exhaust for nights before and mobile air tools or something to get at that exhaust.

Not always true. My friend had a bunch of cds stolen from his car and a few other things. He made a police report out about it just so they could keep there eyes open in case its a neighborhood thing. Sure as **** they found the people and he got his stuff back. PLus i'm sure if the insurance has anything in there policy there gonna wanna know if you called the police i'm sure.

-matt-

Flowmaster 3" SI/DO 2.5
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-18-2006, 10:57 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

wouldnt your homeowners insurance cover it?
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-18-2006, 12:15 PM
PostWhore

Cool

I also agree with the theory that it was probably somebody familiar with your car. And get this, Someone tried to steal my Dad's '86 Mustang GT, somebody jimmied the door, and tried to use a key to start it, and broke the key off in the ignition. I hopped in it to start it last week (last time I started it was at thanksgiving time)and the key wouldn't go in. When I called the cops to report it, all I got was a return call from an ignorant bast**d trying to claim I left it unlocked. OH, and this, right after my Dad died (last Aug), someone had ba**s enough to come up into our back yard, or come thru the woods behind the house, and steal the Shaker Hood Scope off of our '71 Torino Cobra. The car sets about 20 feet from the back sliding door. When I told the cop that, he laughed at me. I called him a *^^*((^%% @ssh*le and hung up on him.
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-18-2006, 12:30 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to Traveler
man, I'd definitely be checking out the T-birds in the area. It sounds like somone wanted some very specific parts and nothing else. Funny thing is, if you're going to risk being busted for theft, you might as well go ahead and take the other stuff too! (stereo, cd's, etc) I mean, I don't think a judge is going to say "well, I'll let you off since you didn't take everything.

I'd definitely get a police report. Can't hurt.

And Uncaged, I'd find out who the *ss*ole was that laughed about your problems and report him. That is just unprofessional, rude, and uncalled for.

1997 Thunderbird Sport
Low Miles
Wifes Car
destined to remain stock

1997 T-Bird GT 4.6
80 MM Mustang GT MAF - P&P'd Mustang GT TB and Intake Plenum - PI Intake manifold - PI Heads
Mark VIII Torque Converter - J-Modded 4R70W transmission - Mark VIII Aluminum Driveshaft - 3.73 gears
PBR Brake Calipers - Eibach Springs - KYB Shocks
'89 SuperCoupe front and rear sway bars
SCT Chip programmed by Lonnie Doll
255/50/16 Falken Ziex ZE-512's
True Dual exhaust with Magnaflow DI/DO muffler
<<< SOLD >>>

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in