How warm is it? - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-01-2006, 03:34 AM Thread Starter
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to ben_cline Send a message via MSN to ben_cline Send a message via Yahoo to ben_cline
How warm is it?

Warm enough to grill. Brother's cleaning out the Cougar, behind me.
Cooked some steak, brats, chicken, and hot dogs. Used Excalibur steak rub. Good eatin'!

Benjamin' 07/30/82 Christian MySpace CarDomain
Celica and Chevy 1500 are sold for parts. Now I'm left with the broken Buick and my '98 Dakota.
Bedroom: Pioneer VSX23, DefTech BP6s (front) ProCenter 2000, Mirage Omni 350s, 10" Kicker L7 pushed by PExpress plate amp, XBox 360, PS3, 50" LG 3D plasma.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-01-2006, 05:07 AM
MA Chapter Director

Administrator

Garage
Question How warm is it?

Warm enough for freezing rain and a little snow mixed in!

Should be in the 40's though right through the weekend, so maybe I can fire the grill up!

Joe

It's not a 97 Sport, it just looks like one!

Mass. TCCoAers, Send me your info!

I buy all my Ford parts from 93 lx.

Member of the TCCoA Damage Control Team.

R.I.P. Johnny Langton 1975 - 2011
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-01-2006, 08:47 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

I have never let weather stop my grilling, but where I live now, that isn't saying much.

Standing in front of a grill (natural gas, don't have the patience for charcoal, I grill 3 or 4 times a week) when it is 110 degrees outside it gets a little hot, but right now with it being a chilly 75 degrees it is nice to be around the flame.

--
97 Mark VIII LSC/Silver/Gray leather
97 Cougar 4.6 Sport/White Opalescent Tricoat Metallic /Gray leather down but not out?
89 Cougar LS 3.8/Oxford White/Gray velour/HG need replaced AGAIN
00 Grand Marquis LS/Vibrant White/Gray velour
63 Falcon 302/black and rust/shed isn't moving
82 F-150/Oxford White/dumb VV carb doesn't pass emissions
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-01-2006, 08:56 AM
6th Gear Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bangster
I have never let weather stop my grilling, but where I live now, that isn't saying much.

Standing in front of a grill (natural gas, don't have the patience for charcoal, I grill 3 or 4 times a week) when it is 110 degrees outside it gets a little hot, but right now with it being a chilly 75 degrees it is nice to be around the flame.
Chilly 75 degrees??? You have got to be kidding me man :p I would be in t-shirt and shorts if it was 75 degrees here. I sure wish it was 75 degrees over here in Ohio. This morning when I got in the car it was about 34 outside.

Ohio's weather is all out of wack. One day it was in the fortys, next day we had snow on the ground, then the very next day it was 55 degrees outside. It was been doing this all threw January.

Shane

Shane Glynn SCCA Member number: 328085_0
2008 SCCA OVR C Prepared Champion
'92 Thunderbird SC 5.0L (35CP) Sponsored by AAA Ohio Auto Club
'99 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer

Corner workers run and hide in fear when they see me take course
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-01-2006, 10:08 AM Thread Starter
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to ben_cline Send a message via MSN to ben_cline Send a message via Yahoo to ben_cline
Yesterday, and the past few days, I had to scrape frost off the window. Today I went outside without a jacket. Still a little chilly, but not near as much as it has been before. Only snowed here about 3 days. I just hope summer isn't hotter. Maybe it'll be colder? (I hope.)

Celica and Chevy 1500 are sold for parts. Now I'm left with the broken Buick and my '98 Dakota.
Bedroom: Pioneer VSX23, DefTech BP6s (front) ProCenter 2000, Mirage Omni 350s, 10" Kicker L7 pushed by PExpress plate amp, XBox 360, PS3, 50" LG 3D plasma.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-01-2006, 10:14 AM
6th Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to cougarfan Send a message via Yahoo to cougarfan
its never to cold out for grilling

brakes we dont need no stinking brakes just stand on the gas
my car domain site
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/535118
myspace page
http://www.myspace.com/caffine231
when life hands you lemons ... ask for Tequila and salt and call me over!
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-01-2006, 10:18 AM
5th Gear Poster

Send a message via Yahoo to 96lxcorey
Quote:
Originally Posted by quick35th
Chilly 75 degrees??? You have got to be kidding me man :p I would be in t-shirt and shorts if it was 75 degrees here. I sure wish it was 75 degrees over here in Ohio. This morning when I got in the car it was about 34 outside.

Ohio's weather is all out of wack. One day it was in the fortys, next day we had snow on the ground, then the very next day it was 55 degrees outside. It was been doing this all threw January.

Shane
Your right about that Shane.I've been sick three times this winter because of the temp. changes.Compared to the flu once in 5 yrs.The way its going we'll probably have snow in May this year.Dangit I knew i should have bought a four-wheeler or snowmobile this year.

corey

Excuses are just that.......excuses
9 out of 10 times your gut feeling wont steer you wrong
1997 Sport
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-01-2006, 10:44 AM
6th Gear Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96lxcorey
Your right about that Shane.I've been sick three times this winter because of the temp. changes.Compared to the flu once in 5 yrs.The way its going we'll probably have snow in May this year.Dangit I knew i should have bought a four-wheeler or snowmobile this year.
Yeah I got a cold the first week of January. The cold part has gone away but my ear is still clogged or something. It is driving me crazy lol.

I hope it does not even think about snowing anytime after the first of April. It would suck to try to autocross in the snow

Shane

Shane Glynn SCCA Member number: 328085_0
2008 SCCA OVR C Prepared Champion
'92 Thunderbird SC 5.0L (35CP) Sponsored by AAA Ohio Auto Club
'99 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer

Corner workers run and hide in fear when they see me take course
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-01-2006, 10:53 AM
3rd Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to Trick Bird
I agree its never to cold cold for grillin. Esp in the good ol' Chi town weather.

95' lx 4.6
true dual exhaust, mass air, 9 in k&n, 3:73 posi, 9mm ford racing wires, screamin demon coils, solid rubber trans mount, cobra r hood, clear corners, chrome bullit replicas.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-01-2006, 10:55 AM Thread Starter
Seasoned PostWhore

Except with charcoal. That can be a bia' for messing with if it's cold and windy.

post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-01-2006, 11:37 AM
5th Gear Poster

Send a message via Yahoo to 96lxcorey
Use more lighter fluid.

corey

Excuses are just that.......excuses
9 out of 10 times your gut feeling wont steer you wrong
1997 Sport
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-01-2006, 11:43 AM
Who is John Galt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96lxcorey
Use more lighter fluid.
Yay for accelerants!!!

i'm hoping to do a little grilling this weekend for the superbowl. IMO, nothing is better than something fresh off the grill. Steak, chicken, brats, burgers, hot dogs, porkchops, etc.

At home, during the summer, we usually grill for dinner around 3-5 times a week. Just easier to do that than heat up the house with the oven.

"Won't work, can't be done"
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-01-2006, 08:13 PM
Resident redneck

Send a message via AIM to redneckcougarguy Send a message via MSN to redneckcougarguy
on one of our just over 10 degree days i wore shorts to work claiming a heat wave. of course working in a refrigerated warehouse for 5 years i have no tolerance for heat, but i can wear shorts all year long.

-Steven

Project Rust Prevention: 1990 Buick Regal, Toilet Capacity engine, new trim paint, 57K miles
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-01-2006, 08:22 PM Thread Starter
Seasoned PostWhore

I could wear shorts at work. Gas stations don't care, as long as they're decent. Some nice cargo shorts. Also could wear them at the cinema, except Friday and Saturday late shows. Now I can wear basically anything I want, because I just enter info for Career Services.

I may be getting a 90 Camry V6 or a 97 Contour I4 in the future. Mom's gonna move to Montana, and grandma can't drive very well. So I should be getting one of their cars. Hope it's the Camry. It's clean. Has some rust on the back 1/4 on the driver's side, but it's minimal. Also need to fix the fender and dent trim, and sunroof is off track, but the Contour is probably worth the same price. Gets great gas mileage, though, but Camry has under 90k.

post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-01-2006, 08:24 PM
Resident redneck

Send a message via AIM to redneckcougarguy Send a message via MSN to redneckcougarguy
the camry should run to at least 250K. the one im driving has 267K on it and the body is gonna fall off before the enging dies.

-Steven

Project Rust Prevention: 1990 Buick Regal, Toilet Capacity engine, new trim paint, 57K miles
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-01-2006, 08:28 PM Thread Starter
Seasoned PostWhore

Had an injector go bad. Got it fixed, though. But my bro does auto body and some engine repair, so if anything should happen, he should be able to fix it. Out of class he's done an engine swap on a Civic, replaced his head on his Cavalier, and done some engine work. Done a lot of other stuff, too. I'm in electronics and can fix quite a bit of stuff, too. I would like to learn more about engine swaps and the like if possible. Probably not gonna happen if I move up to Montana.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in