My Car Domain Site
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2282851
My Space:
http://www.myspace.com/jordonjones
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 56 (permalink) Old 02-07-2006, 10:27 PM
Resident redneck

Send a message via AIM to redneckcougarguy Send a message via MSN to redneckcougarguy
product portfolio = the next 7 or 8 mustangs

-Steven

Project Rust Prevention: 1990 Buick Regal, Toilet Capacity engine, new trim paint, 57K miles
post #3 of 56 (permalink) Old 02-07-2006, 10:30 PM
Beer and Cheese

Garage
nooooooooooooooooooooo!....deep breath....noooooooooooooooooooooo!

God Bless the men & women who have served and serving to keep us free
post #4 of 56 (permalink) Old 02-08-2006, 12:17 AM
MN12 Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Tony Send a message via MSN to Tony Send a message via Yahoo to Tony
Wow, wonder what there 'big plans' are?!

Don't know about Ford these days, I just hope that they can turn the company around. As of right now, I see them falling down hill and Chrysler is running up hill! GM is just standing at the top waiting to see what happens with a confused look on their face...lol! (this is the domestic only side of the hill of course, the imports are on the other side). This is in SALES, not my opinion on the brands or anything!

I will stick with FORD till the end though! Not sying there will ever be an end, but who knows these days.

Sold - 1997 Ford Thunderbird 4.6 Sport - Full bolt on, PI stuff, gears, converter, exhaust, full suspension & many other things.

2007 MUSTANG GT (5M) - 504rwhp/449rwtq
- Paxton NOVI 2200 H.O. (10psi) - CMDP's - 127200 Comp Cams - BBK LT's - O/R X - FRPP GTA's - Mid Atlantic Tuned - FRPP 4.10's - Truetrac - Moser Axles - McLeod RST - Fidanza Steel FW - Eibach Pro Kit - J&M LCA's - UMI Relo. Brackets - Spohn Adj. PHB - Prothane Motor Mounts - Hawk HPS Pads - 19" Sport Edition KV5 Rims - Hankook Ventus V12 Evo Tires
post #5 of 56 (permalink) Old 02-08-2006, 01:43 AM

Yea, with Ford wanting to do away with the mini van and maybe the Ranger they are going fast. Too many people loosing jobs at Ford plants. GM also seems to be going down. Not that I am a big fan, but Toyota and imports are kicking their butts. Better start competing before its too late.
post #6 of 56 (permalink) Old 02-08-2006, 07:15 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to 94 Daily Driven 4.6L
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony
GM is just standing at the top waiting to see what happens with a confused look on their face...lol! (this is the domestic only side of the hill of course, the imports are on the other side). This is in SALES, not my opinion on the brands or anything!
GM is looking at probably bankruptcy within a decade. Just this week they cut their dividends in half along with ALL of upper managements’ salaries. Most salaries were cut by 50% (including the CEO's) with other managers taking a 10% to 30% pay cut. GM's stocks have been labled as "junk" by the major brokers.

http://money.cnn.com/2006/02/07/news...s/gm/index.htm
http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortu...9111/index.htm

All the companies are in horrible condition. I won't go into why I think they are unions but there are multiple reasons.

97 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC (Chip'd, 3.73 T/L... so far... )
97 Ford Aspire (Slow, but getting 36 mpg (f'n Ethenol!! )
84 F250 Dually w/6.9L Diesel (7.3L IDI pending)
73 Mercury Cougar Convertible w/351C 4V (Partially Restored)
69 F100 LWB w/460 Engine
76 Glastron Carlson 23' Jet Boat w/460 CJ Engine
post #7 of 56 (permalink) Old 02-08-2006, 08:10 AM
Veteran Poster

Anyone with 1/2 a business mind knows that when a company has extra money (profit) you have two options 1) buy back stock/bonds or 2) dividends. The fact that GM has any dividends at all just exemplifies the stupidity of Wagner and the other execcutives.

Also, Wagner made about 8 million last year including incentives, stock options and bonuses. Wow, he's only making 4 mil next year. What suffering. {sarcasm off}

A syphlitic donkey with one eye and a learning disability could manage the company better.

If I'm not mistaken, Iaccoca moved his salary to $0 until Chrysler turned around...That's a leader.

SOLD!!!!

5.4 block from 99 expedition bored .20 over
Forged crank/Manley Rods/JE flat tops/chromemoly rings and Steeda Underdrives
P&P PI heads (by me) w/ 3 angle valve job w/copper gaskets with ARP studs/bolts and One piece lightning cams
80mm Pro-M MAF and Cut & welded '95 4.6 intake
Jmodded Trans & Trac-loc pumpkin (Cobra) 3.27
Raxles, ADDCO 1 1/4", Eibachs, JL Braces
18" CEC type 169 wheels w/ 245/40 front 255/45 rear
post #8 of 56 (permalink) Old 02-08-2006, 09:18 AM
PostWhore

Garage
GM will probably merge with another company instead of go bankrupt. That way they can stiff the union and get out of pensions and health insurance for retirees. That is the problem with buying foreign cars and from companies that move jobs off shore to be competitive with foreign companies. Kind of a catch 22, we all want the cheapest price but we can end up losing our jobs because of it. Glad I work on DOD projects, no foreigners are allowed if they are not citizens of the US. Of course the next presidential election may reduce DOD jobs too.
post #9 of 56 (permalink) Old 02-08-2006, 09:19 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to The Great Obucina
i said it once and no one listened. Bill Ford wasnt meant to stay, he keeps putting in family members to run the show and the performance guys are butting heads with Henry's great granddaughter, who thinks performance vehicles are a waste....she is part of the reason why. we can talk about how cool it would be to have another super fast tbird, but lests face it, ford is creating a common denominator product line, the niche is the mustang and thats it. ford has failed at attracting the mainstream because it has not pressed the issue. Its marque is/was a car that fetches almost 200k at a dealership, it has created a buzz on someone no one can attain. GM and Daimler-Chrysler has been successful(to a point) because of cars like the Vette, the GTO, and the Magnum/Charger/300C/Hemi'd cars. ford is seriously lacking in overall market analysis and has turned itself into the pickup/SUV manufacturer.....

"Booyah". Stu Scott.
1996 Braincoated, all Aluminum PI powered and obscenely loud Pearl White Tbird [email protected] AKA Dyrdek.
2013 Black on black FX2 Supercrew Ecoboost F150. Roll onto the scene with the ceiling missing.
post #10 of 56 (permalink) Old 02-08-2006, 09:45 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

well those three cars have to do with the closing of the wixom assembly plant

64 ford galaxie -FE powered beast!- sleeping giant
69 cougar standard- 347/c6 -efi restomod, heidts prog 4 link heavily modified front, custom strutrods boxed lowers rollerperches 620 lowering springs! meier shock tower brace
96 f150 supercab lifted beast! 351 powered beast
87 shasta roadmaster 29ft travel trailer- pimpdaddy camping!
mn12 less!
post #11 of 56 (permalink) Old 02-08-2006, 11:55 AM Thread Starter
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to lightevergreenfrost
I really don't see why they would discontiue the GT. It has to be profitable. I understand the SVT Sport Trac, that would probably not sell all that great anyway. I bet they are just getting rid of the LS. It is old and they will probably just replace it, maybe, and it will most likely be replaced with a FWD car. Has anyone noticed that all Lincolns are getting the MK (as in Mark). The Zepher is being changed to the MKZ.

T-Bird Registry Number 27526
My Car Domain Site
My Space:
post #12 of 56 (permalink) Old 02-08-2006, 12:30 PM Thread Starter
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to lightevergreenfrost
Never mind, heres the new MKS. http://lincoln.com/reachhigher/. The LS replacement.

T-Bird Registry Number 27526
My Car Domain Site
My Space:
post #13 of 56 (permalink) Old 02-08-2006, 12:31 PM
PostWhore

isnt the Gt going to be unable to pass emissions after 07, and thats the reason they are canning it?
95% of the Gt is assembled in a saleen shop in dearborn, they send the car up to wixom to put on a few trim pieces so the uaw can say they built it, so the wixom plant closing cant be the reason...(good article in car and driver last year about the GT)
here is the link for that article:
http://www.caranddriver.com/article....rticle_id=9519
scary times for us all....
post #14 of 56 (permalink) Old 02-08-2006, 12:58 PM
PostWhore

Ford has always been a truck company that also produced cars. Only it used to be successfull cars, that people wanted and could afford which= sales.

I dunno what exactly has happened there, but getting rid of the Ranger? Those trucks are all over the road. They have had hugely successful vehicles but they seem to stop caring and let it fall behind the competition. (Taurus, Explorer, Windstar etc) Then try to introduce a new model.

Selling over 1,000 "supercars" in one year is impressive, the Adrenaline could have been a seller if they had the brains to market it right. Strange how Dodge can be so successful with the performance truck/SUV idea and Ford cant even get them into production. Makes ya wonder if it really is the vehicles that are a waste....

"She aint a Cadillac and she aint a Rolls, but there aint nothin wrong with the radio"

Of course everyone loves a hard worker, they do all the work!

90 LS - gone damn city drivers
93 Explorer XL 2dr 4x4 - totalled does anyone in that f*ckin city know how to drive

OK, that was twice in 6 months, red means STOP
post #15 of 56 (permalink) Old 02-08-2006, 01:17 PM
PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to FasTBird232 Send a message via MSN to FasTBird232 Send a message via Skype™ to FasTBird232
I'm wondering how DCX can have their Charger/300C/Magnum vehicles be so wildly popular (and everyone chomping at the bit for the new Challenger) while Ford and GM are left with blank stares on their faces. I mean, IMO GM has too many irons in the SUV fire, but...what's the problem with these companies? Why don't they get it?
post #16 of 56 (permalink) Old 02-08-2006, 05:33 PM
TGJ
Baddest N/A NPI in Canada

When the Ford GT came out, it was only going to be on a 3 year run. Guess what, when it ends production, it will be after 3 years. I am not surprised with that move by Ford.

As for the other complaints. I don't really have an opinion yet.
post #17 of 56 (permalink) Old 02-08-2006, 06:39 PM
Stroked and Blown

Send a message via AIM to BlakTbird96
If ya wanna Ford, ya better go out and get one asap. Pretty soon, there will be no such thing as Ford or any American car for that matter. Everything will be Toyota, Honda, etc and now I hear China will be sending cars over (puts flame suit on) It's a good thing we got rid of the political thread

My other home:
Mid-AtlanticMN12's

'96 Ford Tbird 3.8 SC
'06 Chrysler Sebring "Vert 2.7
post #18 of 56 (permalink) Old 02-08-2006, 08:40 PM
PostWhore

I won't miss any of those vehicles.
The GT and SVT are image builders and, while I do feel that image is extremely important in terms of the automobile market, Ford loses money on every one they produce.
The LS is a great car, but Ford priced it out of this world. For the last 4 years the loaded V8's have been sitting on lots and only sell with discounts of $8,000 or more. For example: my mother bought a brand new 2003 V8 sport, that had a sticker of $47K, as a leftover for only $29K. Discounts like that can put even the most profitable company in huge financial trouble.

I don't feel any sorrow toward the financial hardship these American car companies are in ( although I feel sorry for the employees and the general economy.) The writing was on the wall for the last 5+ years and they refused to change their lineup. Bottom line is if want want a decent newer car, you have to buy foreign. And it isn't because the Japanese have some magic formula; it's because they build cars. In the last several years there have been no American cars to choose from. Trucks yes, cars no.
post #19 of 56 (permalink) Old 02-08-2006, 10:05 PM
4th Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to Dezal
dont know what the hell Ford is up 2. i personally thought they got it right when i heard they was going to produce to the GT. but after reading that article i can see y they are goin to end production. for a brand new car, a supercar at that, you would expect that there would be no problems. as if they were rushing to get the car out there to the public. the ls is actually a good car, the replacement for it is not bad at all. if ford wants to get it right, they need to bring in outside help. they invested soo much time into trucks they are forgetting their car division. who's the idiot who wants to get rid of the supercar anyway? what they need to do is to bring back the svt division and start building cars thats not boring.
post #20 of 56 (permalink) Old 02-08-2006, 10:34 PM
4th Gear Poster

Why chastise Ford for dropping the GT when not one person in this thread will ever be able to logically afford one. Just because it gives you a 'feel good' tingle that they have a 'supercar' in the lineup means nothing in relation to the company's future outlook.

I'll tell you what Ford did wrong. Not having plans for introducing the Fusion during their 100 year anniversary (and discontinuing the Taurus then).
post #21 of 56 (permalink) Old 02-08-2006, 11:07 PM
TGJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack K
I don't feel any sorrow toward the financial hardship these American car companies are in ( although I feel sorry for the employees and the general economy.) The writing was on the wall for the last 5+ years and they refused to change their lineup. Bottom line is if want want a decent newer car, you have to buy foreign. And it isn't because the Japanese have some magic formula; it's because they build cars. In the last several years there have been no American cars to choose from. Trucks yes, cars no.
I don't know if I agree with that. Toyota in the past 3 years has had major recalls on a substantial amount of vehicles( 4 million vehicles in NA ). When an import company announces a recall, they don't get bashed in the media and it hardly makes the news. What happens when Ford or GM announce a recall, they get bashed in the media, it is well known knowledge. My personal opinion, Toyota builds junk, I have seen brand new Lexus's go in for broken components that I would not expect on a $80,000.00 CDN priced car. A common defect on the Lexus LS400 is broken interior door handles. It is a perceived quality issue, everyone THINKS the imports are better quality compared to domestics where it is not always the case.
post #22 of 56 (permalink) Old 02-08-2006, 11:09 PM
PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to FasTBird232 Send a message via MSN to FasTBird232 Send a message via Skype™ to FasTBird232
They've got no excitement in their brands. The new DCX LX cars are all-new and damn cool (with powerful and REALLY powerful engine options). GM sorta got that with their new V8 midsize cars, but they don't hype them enough. Ford...bah. I can't name one Ford car that's really exicted me lately (the Mustang did for a time, but it was short lived).

I know I'm not really important in Ford's eyes because I won't be able to buy a new car from them for a long time, but I'm already planning on buying an old used Charger in 5-8 years. The T-birds will be too by then to find a decent one around here, and the Mustang...I dunno. Point is, DCX's cars already have me planning on getting one years from now, and that's the kind of magic Ford needs now.
post #23 of 56 (permalink) Old 02-08-2006, 11:11 PM
PostWhore

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGJ
It is a perceived quality issue, everyone THINKS the imports are better quality compared to domestics where it is not always the case.
I
post #24 of 56 (permalink) Old 02-08-2006, 11:16 PM
TGJ

Also I don't really like the fact that Toyota is getting away with lying to the US public. Chevrolet was the #1 selling brand in N/A in 2005, yet Toyota makes the claim they were. The only way Toyota outsold Chevrolet is that they counted the Scion sales as part of Toyota's. If that is the case, it should be total GM sales against total Toyota sales and then it is not even close.

Also 2005, Toyota and Honda were caught over stating the HP of their cars. A Toyota Camry 3.0 V6 in 2005 made 210HP, same motor, same drivetrain now in 2006 makes 192HP. I could go on, they should go back to the huge taxes that the Import companies had to pay as a penalty for the crap they are getting away with now.
post #25 of 56 (permalink) Old 02-08-2006, 11:28 PM
PostWhore

funny how Japan is protected by tariffs and regulations and the US isnt, aint it?
post #26 of 56 (permalink) Old 02-08-2006, 11:35 PM
MN12 Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Tony Send a message via MSN to Tony Send a message via Yahoo to Tony
Quote:
Originally Posted by TGJ
I don't know if I agree with that. Toyota in the past 3 years has had major recalls on a substantial amount of vehicles( 4 million vehicles in NA ). When an import company announces a recall, they don't get bashed in the media and it hardly makes the news. What happens when Ford or GM announce a recall, they get bashed in the media, it is well known knowledge. My personal opinion, Toyota builds junk, I have seen brand new Lexus's go in for broken components that I would not expect on a $80,000.00 CDN priced car. A common defect on the Lexus LS400 is broken interior door handles. It is a perceived quality issue, everyone THINKS the imports are better quality compared to domestics where it is not always the case.
Well IMO you cannot put all imports into the catagory of "everyone THINKS the imports are better quality compared to domestics". Maybe Jap crap, but also IMO most european crap have more "quality" than most American products. Of course you pay for it too. I am sorry to say that but you just can't hold toyata accountable for the entire import market.

Everyone is saying not to worry and that American automakers are never going anywhere. Yeah... thats what folks like us were saying 30+ years ago when the VW bug came out. looks to me like imports have "boomed" over the past twenty years or so. Imagine what it could be like in another 20 years...?? There are 3 BIG American automakers and one is already owned by benz (did they split yet ) . Well how many import companies are out there???

I am in no way sticking up for imports, I myself hate 99% of them. I am just stating that the American Automakers need to get their act together if they plan to be around in a couple of decades. And I am not talking about merging with another company! We may know the truth about the crap the japs sell but obviously most of the people in the world don't!

Alright ...lol! Now that I got that out, don't want to start a flame war of any sort. Just sharing my thoughts!

FORD all the way!!

Sold - 1997 Ford Thunderbird 4.6 Sport - Full bolt on, PI stuff, gears, converter, exhaust, full suspension & many other things.

2007 MUSTANG GT (5M) - 504rwhp/449rwtq
- Paxton NOVI 2200 H.O. (10psi) - CMDP's - 127200 Comp Cams - BBK LT's - O/R X - FRPP GTA's - Mid Atlantic Tuned - FRPP 4.10's - Truetrac - Moser Axles - McLeod RST - Fidanza Steel FW - Eibach Pro Kit - J&M LCA's - UMI Relo. Brackets - Spohn Adj. PHB - Prothane Motor Mounts - Hawk HPS Pads - 19" Sport Edition KV5 Rims - Hankook Ventus V12 Evo Tires

Last edited by Tony; 02-08-2006 at 11:46 PM.
post #27 of 56 (permalink) Old 02-09-2006, 08:00 AM
PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to Gcline
Think about it, DCX has the Hemi, a nice engine, thats a v-8, everyone likes it. Ford, ohhhh V-6, so what, and their biggest v-8 in a car is 4.6l of course. Americans basically want V-8's. GM is catching on adding the northstar v-8 to buick, and their small block v-8's to the new impala and monte carlo, and the grand prix. But, those names are boring, so there not doing so well. As for DCX, Charger, 300C, Magnum, and here soon the Challenger. Gotta love the V-8's 8-)

1997 Mercury Cougar XR7 Sport 4.6L
P.I. Intake, Mustang T/B and Upper Plenum,B&M Heavy Duty Trans Cooler, Trans Temp Gauge, A/F Ratio Gauge, K&N Cone Filter, Air Silencer Delete, 50% Front 20% Rear Tint, A&A Fiberglass GFX Kit, Xenon Front Clip, Magnaflow High Flow Cats

2001 Nissan Altima GXE Limited Edition

Daily Driver, 38mpg!

Quote:
at least Ford can pay their bills and not go on welfare like GM and Chrysler.
post #28 of 56 (permalink) Old 02-09-2006, 04:26 PM

I think the Fusion is a great start for ford, I just HOPE they don't screw it up and NOT release an AWD version (which they might not since they have an AWD crossover Utility coming out on the same chassis). I chose not to get an 06' Fusion because there was suppose to be an AWD coming for 07' AND the new 3.5L. A 250hp 3.5L AWD Fusion would be a great car. Also I see Ford/Volvo are going to start using that 4.4L Yamaha V8 in a few vehicals.

1996 Thunderbird LX 3.8L
-255rwhp 273rwtq-
-Vortech V1 S-trim [email protected], aftercooled-
-Built 4R70W W/3200rpm PI
1997 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC
-stock, stock, big dent, and more stock-
post #29 of 56 (permalink) Old 02-09-2006, 04:36 PM
PostWhore

The Fusion can be a good model to compete in the mid size family market. But I still think they need models that excite people, like Chryslers SRT line and the "HEMI". Right now they have nothing that really stands out from the competition.

"She aint a Cadillac and she aint a Rolls, but there aint nothin wrong with the radio"

Of course everyone loves a hard worker, they do all the work!

90 LS - gone damn city drivers
93 Explorer XL 2dr 4x4 - totalled does anyone in that f*ckin city know how to drive

OK, that was twice in 6 months, red means STOP
post #30 of 56 (permalink) Old 02-09-2006, 06:47 PM
4th Gear Poster

I think that AWD Fusion, if it does come out, will use the same 'quasi' AWD system that the SPEED6 uses.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in