suspended lincese question - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-11-2006, 05:02 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear Poster

suspended lincese question

Well recently i got notice in mail that my lincense will be suspende for 3 months for 3 speeding ticket. Does anyone know what will happend if i get caught driving in illinois with a suspended lincense.

Last edited by 95baggedbird; 02-11-2006 at 05:38 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-11-2006, 05:25 PM
MN12 Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Tony Send a message via MSN to Tony Send a message via Yahoo to Tony
You aren't planning on driving without a license are you????

I hope not! I'd be willing to bet that the outcome won't be good!

Sold - 1997 Ford Thunderbird 4.6 Sport - Full bolt on, PI stuff, gears, converter, exhaust, full suspension & many other things.

2007 MUSTANG GT (5M) - 504rwhp/449rwtq
- Paxton NOVI 2200 H.O. (10psi) - CMDP's - 127200 Comp Cams - BBK LT's - O/R X - FRPP GTA's - Mid Atlantic Tuned - FRPP 4.10's - Truetrac - Moser Axles - McLeod RST - Fidanza Steel FW - Eibach Pro Kit - J&M LCA's - UMI Relo. Brackets - Spohn Adj. PHB - Prothane Motor Mounts - Hawk HPS Pads - 19" Sport Edition KV5 Rims - Hankook Ventus V12 Evo Tires
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-11-2006, 05:36 PM
6th Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to shaggy433 Send a message via MSN to shaggy433 Send a message via Yahoo to shaggy433
more than likely you will get arrested your car will be impounded and you will have to go to court and pay a rediculous fine, pay $500 to get your car outta impound, then your License will be suspended for about another year....

dont ask how i know all that lets just say that i was a dumb teenager once!!!!

oh yeah and your insurance will go up for the next 4 years too!
post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-11-2006, 05:38 PM
Who is John Galt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95baggedbird
Well recently i got notice in mail that my lincense will be suspende for 3 months for 3 speeding ticket. Does anyone know what will happend if i get caught driving in illinois with a suspended lincense.
They'll hang you up by your short and curlies in town square. Not smart to do.

"Won't work, can't be done"
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-11-2006, 05:39 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear Poster

no im just wondering so if i get tempted i know what the consequences are. So i can stop myself.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-11-2006, 06:32 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

get a lawyer! they can make it all go away

64 ford galaxie -FE powered beast!- sleeping giant
69 cougar standard- 347/c6 -efi restomod, heidts prog 4 link heavily modified front, custom strutrods boxed lowers rollerperches 620 lowering springs! meier shock tower brace
96 f150 supercab lifted beast! 351 powered beast
87 shasta roadmaster 29ft travel trailer- pimpdaddy camping!
mn12 less!
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-11-2006, 06:40 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

if you drive you wont pass go and you will go directly to JAIL your car will get impounded and if its like any impound yards around me all your nice personal stuff will be promtly removed and sold on the black market.

why the hell didnt you go to driving school???? it would take thoes off your record and you wouldnt be in the situation your in.

CMP Drag Racing
best ET: 12.410 -- best MPH: 107.61
NMRA MM7270 -- NMCA EFI/? ????
Thank you to the CMP Drag Racing team: Tony, Doug, Maryann, Dale, Paul and Chris.

post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-11-2006, 07:16 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear Poster

i have to go to driving school anyway to get my lincense back. but im not gonna risk it.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-11-2006, 08:26 PM
Boom.

Wise decision.

A recommendation: when you do get your license back, slow down.

TCCoABAMFC - Founding Member
Official Member of the TCCoA Evil Underground Moderator Conspiracy
TCCoA Gun Club

2003 Mach 1 - 4.6L DOHC V8/4R70W

1995 Cougar XR7 - PI 4.6L SOHC V8
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-11-2006, 09:15 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

i am telling you get a lawyer, its costs coin but its off your record and you dont have high risk insurance, been there done that.

69 cougar standard- 347/c6 -efi restomod, heidts prog 4 link heavily modified front, custom strutrods boxed lowers rollerperches 620 lowering springs! meier shock tower brace
mn12 less!
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-11-2006, 10:09 PM
6th Gear Poster

In MI you'll be thrown in jail, and there is a minimum sentence now.

You also may never be given the privelidge to drive again.

The only way you may regain the privelidge is by going in front of the secretary of state, a board of nazi people review your file, and tell you no, and you get to come back and see the same people to try again, but only once per year.

They are not impartial, and they don't have to answer to the courts or anyone.

The best policy is to attempt to rule out any scenerio where you might have to answer to the police or courts, basically try not to do anything wrong. This doesn't garauntee that won't still mess with you, or try to screw up your life, but there is enough to go wrong in life without throwing caution to the wind.

Once your in their grips, you my find out how rediculous some laws are, and you may start to feel you have very little rights.

At some point I will be moving out of the state of Michigan, and I'm not shy to share, in large part due to the laws and goverment here.

Although not many, there are worse states as well.

And no, I did not get caught driving on a suspended.

Last edited by Teeps; 02-11-2006 at 10:17 PM.
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-11-2006, 10:18 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

(cough) IL!

mn12 less!
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-11-2006, 10:29 PM
6th Gear Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk89cat
(cough) IL!

Yeah I hope they are not as bad, but unfortunately I doubt they are alot different!!!!

1997 Sport - Work in progress:>
MP BB 304 Teksid 4v- w IC'd / Ported M112
Need:
Eaton pulley puller (VMP or BF preferred)
H/E
Cowl Hood
FRPS
FORE Regulator
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-13-2006, 07:11 AM

Illinois

Depending on the county you will go to jail. $215 bond which doesnt include your fine later down the road. Car will be towed. They may then revoke your license.
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-13-2006, 08:58 AM
PostWhore

Man, dont risk it. When the Ranger was wrecked, a new system had just been put into place and the driver ended up not having a full license. It was a freakin mess, took me two months of fighting with the insurance/licensing department (its the same) just to get them to cover us. ( I had no idea it had changed) It is not worth taking a chance. In the end it cost me 200 deductible, and I lost a ****load on the settlement for the truck. And she got stuck with a surcharge on her license, and its on her driving record.

"She aint a Cadillac and she aint a Rolls, but there aint nothin wrong with the radio"

Of course everyone loves a hard worker, they do all the work!

90 LS - gone damn city drivers
93 Explorer XL 2dr 4x4 - totalled does anyone in that f*ckin city know how to drive

OK, that was twice in 6 months, red means STOP
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-13-2006, 09:41 AM
Veteran Poster

it may take some court time, and i wouldn't know your state laws, but you might be able to get a liceanse/permit to drive strickly to work.

All MN12/FN10 PA/NJ/MD/DE/NY people please check out: TSTaCC, feel free to register & say hi

'Krissy' 1997 Thunderbird LX Sport 281ci
Custom doesn't come in a Box
Slide or Die
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-13-2006, 10:00 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomaso12
it may take some court time, and i wouldn't know your state laws, but you might be able to get a liceanse/permit to drive strickly to work.
Yeah, most places usually try not and make you a non tax paying citizen if at all possible. Spend the money and get a lawyer.
I have a friend that did not listen to that advice when he got his license suspended for speeding. He then got caught driving on a suspended license. They took his license away for 5 years that time. He got caught again and it was gone for life. After that, he got in an accident that was not his fault and went to jail and is still on house arrest wearing that stupid little ankle thing.
He has a criminal record, has spent time in jail, has no job and will never be able to leagally drive again.
All because of speeding and claiming that he didn't have the money for a lawyer.
Don't think it can't happen to you. The first time he got caught he was driving less than a mile to get cigarettes and had a license plate lamp out. The second time he got pulled over in one of those seatbelt check things that they do. Neither time was it because he was doing anything like speeding or a moving violation. Then he gets hit and the sh*t really hit the fan. 3rd time offender law. Go directly to jail.
I am not making any of this up. His name is Donnie and you can talk to him if you want. He can fill you in on all the rest of the stupidity. Its even worse than I am describing it to be.
Get a lawyer. It will be cheaper in the end and save you a lot of trouble.
Darrin

01 F150 5.4L 4x4 and a 98 Mustang GT vert sitting engineless and without transmission or converter

All my vehicles tuned by BC Automotive (me)

post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-13-2006, 01:59 PM
6th Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to shaggy433 Send a message via MSN to shaggy433 Send a message via Yahoo to shaggy433
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teeps
In MI you'll be thrown in jail, and there is a minimum sentence now.

You also may never be given the privelidge to drive again.

The only way you may regain the privelidge is by going in front of the secretary of state, a board of nazi people review your file, and tell you no, and you get to come back and see the same people to try again, but only once per year.

Once your in their grips, you my find out how rediculous some laws are, and you may start to feel you have very little rights.

At some point I will be moving out of the state of Michigan, and I'm not shy to share, in large part due to the laws and goverment here.

Although not many, there are worse states as well.

And no, I did not get caught driving on a suspended.
and thats part of the reason that i moved to Ohio!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in