Why no street racing? Well..(Warning disturbing) - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-19-2006, 12:47 PM Thread Starter
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to FunktasticLucky
Why no street racing? Well..(Warning disturbing)

Okay so last night some friends and I were going to go to a graveyard to mess around with some video and audio recording in the graveyard... we were bored LOL. Anyway we were going down the road as as we approached a small curve I noticed some tail lights and slowed down and as I got closer I noticed a shiny object in the trees. I stopped the car behind the other ran out and it was a truck. Don't ask me what it was... there was only half of it left and it was mauled pretty bad from that.. the passenger side of the body and intererior completely gone and the driver side deformed like no other. The truck was on its wheels looked like he rolled a few and slammed into the tree sideways on the driver side. They were helping the driver out of the truck at the time. The bone in his leg poking out we got him to the side of the road. You could feel his ribcage had been completely shattered. We set him down got the coats over him to keep him warm and he kept telling us to find some girl and make sure she was okay(she was the passenger. We dont know if it was his g/f, sister, friend or what)... after looking around in the forest a bit with flash lights we finally found her. Here is where it gets disturbing. She was pinned underneath the front half of the truck completely bent over backwards. Everything was still intact but she was folding in half backwards and her face was messed up pretty bad. She was gone before we had even arrived. I pray that it was quick and painless for her and that she's in a better place now. We just went to help the other guy at this point. We couldn't do anything about her until someone picked the truck up off her. Apparently one of the girls there was heading home when this truck and another flew by her doing about 80 or so racing. The other truck apparently ran but nobody knows how the accident happened. There was no other vehicle involved. Just the truck. This was at about midnight and not a very curvy road at all. Weather was cold but dry. He obviously lost control somehow but like I said nobody pulled out in front of him or anything.

This is why TCCOA does not accept street racing at all. As you can see all you people saying you do it when the roads are clear and late at night sh|t can still happen. This is a perfect example... and because of it a 18 year old girl doesn't get to continue her life and I don't even know if the young man lived or not. he was in pretty bad shape. No news has been released yet but as soon as it appears on the news I'll post back here. Just wanted to let you "racers" know this is why street racing is dangerous and why you should keep it on the track. Pray for those families involved. Be safe guys. - Kyle

2018 Lincoln MKZ Black Label 3.0T AWD

Last edited by FunktasticLucky; 02-19-2006 at 01:01 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-19-2006, 01:01 PM
Full Metal

Send a message via AIM to RedThunder94 Send a message via Yahoo to RedThunder94
wow dude, that's f'ed up.

Smash Forehead on Keyboard to Continue....

2004 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
Pioneer DEH-P6000UB Infinity 2 way 6x8's, and Eclipse 5x7 3 ways, Fultron Tweets, Infinity 1211A, Alpine SWR-1222D Type-R 12.

1999 VW New Beetle SOLD!

1990 F150 Lariat Xlt 4.9L std cab longbed, E4OD, Work Truck.

1994 F150 XL 5.0L 4R70W Current Project.

Member of the MN12Online posse.

click here to check 'em out.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-19-2006, 01:12 PM
likes chocolate

holy sh!t, my brain would be pretty screwed up after seeing a dead chick all mangled like that after a car accident. Were you tweaking out? I know I would be. sorry to hear about this.

-02 Mustang GT 5pd.
-1996 Thunderbird Sport
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-19-2006, 01:15 PM Thread Starter
Seasoned PostWhore

well it was pretty disturbing I went to bed at about 4AM. I was more worried about the guy. I knew she was gone so I just wanted to make sure he lived or was as comfortable as possible as he left. The ambulance got him on the board and took him to the hospital. So we'll know in a few days.

post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-19-2006, 01:18 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

although it sucks you had to see that girl like that it sucks worse for that kid if he does live. he'll have to live with his decision to be a dumbass for the rest of his life.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-19-2006, 01:35 PM Thread Starter
Seasoned PostWhore

if he lives... I'm telling you... we were trying to keep him awake he kept drifting in and out and his sides felt like jello... but thats why if I do stupid **** its always by myself when nobody is around. If I kill me its just me... but I woudl probably end up killing myself if I killed my brother or something and lived.

post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-19-2006, 03:38 PM
MN12 Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Tony Send a message via MSN to Tony Send a message via Yahoo to Tony
Wow, sorry to here this! I am sure that there family and friends greatly appreciate the help you provided too! God Bless you for that!

I have had experience helping other people that I didn't know and it sure is a weird feeling. I felt like it wasn't really happening... but all I wanted to do was help the best I could to help...

One day after school I was waiting at a bus stop and and a RTA bus comes flying by at about 40mph. Some young guy and a girl come flying in out of an Arby's across the street in a riced out civic. He was must of thought that the bus was stopping at the bus stop to pick me up, but this particular bus didn't stop at this stop. So the bus ends up smashing into the car and drives over the front half of the car and nearly flips over (the curb kept it from going on its side). My heart just dropped! A few others and I ran over to see if everything was ok. When we look in the car all we see is blood everywhere! The guy is just staring in shock and the girl is crying histerically. A kid and I from school took the shirts off our backs to help stop the blood and called 911 right away! No one got off the bus, it just sat there! I kept talking to them asking what hurts and telling them everything is going to be ok... the dash was smashed onto both of them and the roofline was smashed into there faces. The girls face was all bloody. I couldn't beleive they were still concious. But the rescue people showed up real quick and made us get out of there. I always wonder if they survived and if everything turned out ok.

Definatly an experience I will never forget!

Sold - 1997 Ford Thunderbird 4.6 Sport - Full bolt on, PI stuff, gears, converter, exhaust, full suspension & many other things.

2007 MUSTANG GT (5M) - 504rwhp/449rwtq
- Paxton NOVI 2200 H.O. (10psi) - CMDP's - 127200 Comp Cams - BBK LT's - O/R X - FRPP GTA's - Mid Atlantic Tuned - FRPP 4.10's - Truetrac - Moser Axles - McLeod RST - Fidanza Steel FW - Eibach Pro Kit - J&M LCA's - UMI Relo. Brackets - Spohn Adj. PHB - Prothane Motor Mounts - Hawk HPS Pads - 19" Sport Edition KV5 Rims - Hankook Ventus V12 Evo Tires
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-19-2006, 04:04 PM
Boom.

Crazy stuff.

Moved to Miscellaneous.

TCCoABAMFC - Founding Member
Official Member of the TCCoA Evil Underground Moderator Conspiracy
TCCoA Gun Club

2003 Mach 1 - 4.6L DOHC V8/4R70W

1995 Cougar XR7 - PI 4.6L SOHC V8
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-19-2006, 06:31 PM
4th Gear Poster

As a Paramedic of 25+ yrs, I have seen my share of disturbing instances. Some simple accidents and some the result of Racing. But it is doubly disturbing when it's someone who isnt prepared for it. Even guys in my profession seek help now and then for some of the things we see. If you feel you need it, dont play the MACHO card, get some counselling. And as disturbing as this is, it serves as a lesson to us all. Please, Please, Please, spread the word.
STREET RACING KILLS

TbirdMedic
1995 SUPERCOUPE 5-SPEED
'95 LX with a few mods
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-19-2006, 08:01 PM
likes chocolate

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbirdmedic
As a Paramedic of 25+ yrs, I have seen my share of disturbing instances. Some simple accidents and some the result of Racing. But it is doubly disturbing when it's someone who isnt prepared for it. Even guys in my profession seek help now and then for some of the things we see. If you feel you need it, dont play the MACHO card, get some counselling. And as disturbing as this is, it serves as a lesson to us all. Please, Please, Please, spread the word.
STREET RACING KILLS
Yea, I would never be able to do what you do, I would be so screwed up afterwards.

-02 Mustang GT 5pd.
-1996 Thunderbird Sport
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-19-2006, 08:09 PM Thread Starter
Seasoned PostWhore

ditto... nah Im really alright. Like I said she wasn't really that bad. She was all intact it was just really awful the way she was and nothing we could do about it. And yes it is. This is why you get 15 points on your license, lose your car and license in NC. Its higher than passing a stopped school bus.

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-19-2006, 10:02 PM
Amateur Expert

Send a message via AIM to Embalmer
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]
Yea, I would never be able to do what you do, I would be so screwed up afterwards.

I've seen the aftermath of many car crashes and I can say more often than not stupidity plays a huge part in car accidents. We had a guy trying to do a 180 turn by jerking the wheel and he flipped the car, fell out the window and it landed on him and crushed him. That same day we had another kid high on coke go off the road, down in to the ditch, then smacked a tree at an estimated 90 m.p.h. I've seen school buses T-boned by a Neon driving fast enough to flip it over and kill both occupants of the car. Arent I lucky???

2007 Ford Mustang GT Premium - SOLD March 2014.
2013 Ford Taurus SHO (TUXESHO) Tuxedo Black Bone stock for now.
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-19-2006, 10:19 PM Thread Starter
Seasoned PostWhore

Dad saw a 18 Wheeler haulin gravel run over the top of a Buick (big one back in teh day). When my dad finally got to them there was just blood poorin out of the buick and the guys Arm was out in the street.... the Truck driver was totally frozen. My dad had to shake him a few times. Oh yeah and just heard on the news. Both people were 25 and the kid is going to be charged for killing the girl.

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-19-2006, 10:41 PM
PostWhore

Seen the results of a few deadly ones on the highways. Nothin like the sight of ambulances and fire trucks with covered bodies at dawn. Not long ago i was just gettin back from school and some moron in a civic, instead of stopping and waiting, turned right into an oncoming vehicle in an intersection spun 3 times then smoked the traffic signals. Guy was in rough shape but better off then he should have been. Lucky for him the car hit the pole behind the drivers door or that would have been it. Motorcycle collisions are the worst to see. Especially when it involved a bus, driver survived but the passenger wasnt so lucky. It usually is stupidity that causes these things.

Only one that kinda bothered me was when a car went into the river about four years ago, just sucked waiting there for EMS to show up. Nothing anyone could really do since it was too close to the lock gates. Found out the next day from the RCMP that the guy was suicidal and thats how he did it.

"She aint a Cadillac and she aint a Rolls, but there aint nothin wrong with the radio"

Of course everyone loves a hard worker, they do all the work!

90 LS - gone damn city drivers
93 Explorer XL 2dr 4x4 - totalled does anyone in that f*ckin city know how to drive

OK, that was twice in 6 months, red means STOP
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-20-2006, 01:28 AM
TGJ
Baddest N/A NPI in Canada

I have seen things like these many times. The one that sticks in my mind is a 19 year old male was showing off his hopped up Honda Accord to his 18 year girl friend and his 19 year old best friend. There was an off-ramp that does a 270 degree bend to join another highway. The speed limit on this off ramp is 40 km/hr, he tried to do this going 140 km/hr. Only got part way down the ramp when his car left the road and leaped into the bottom part of a grid road. His girlfriend was not wearing her seat belt and was thrown the windshield. I was the first person to show up on the scene. The car was on one side of the grid road, the girl was on the other hunched over in sitting position. I remember walking up to her to check up on her. I put the flash light light on to her and I leaped back as I was shocked at what I saw. I thought because of the position of her body, she was still alive, when I put the light on her, I knew she wasn't and was taken back. The driver of the car was in real rough shape and we required the jaws of life to remove him from the Accord, the other person only had minor injuries.
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-20-2006, 09:21 AM
5th Gear Poster

My best friend was involved in a car accident back in may. He was street racing with some of his friends and lost control in a turn at around 100mph. He hit the telephone pole around 70mph in the driver side door. He had two other boys in the car with him, they were able to walk away from the accident. He has a website telling his story, http://www.4thmaninthecar.com. Now he travels the are speaking at schools about the dangers of street racing. He should be dead and we all know it.

'95 T-Bird - Light green, 98 Crown Vic Police Interceptor Engine, 96 Grand Marquis Tranny, 3.27 Trac-loc, Ford MotorSports Trans cooler, Sport Springs, Blaupunkt Richmond, Memphis Car Audio 5x7's, Cerwin-Vega 150.2 powering mids/highs, Volgenhag 4-channel 1200w amp (junk), 2 Memphis Car Audio 12's

'88 T-bird turbo - Silver, 5spd, Rebuilt Engine, t-3 .63, Custom FMIC, Bobs Big Log, Bob's 3" Elbow, Walbro 255lph, Maximum Motorsports Coil-over Kit, Bilstein HD struts, Hypercoil 200# 14" Springs, Caster/Camber Plates, Ranger Roller, Gillis Valve at 20#, 3in. Side-Dump Exhaust, NGK Iridium XI Plugs, Jacobs C-4 Coil, High Volume Oil Pump, MAX PSI Oil Lines, Poly Bushings, 245/50/R16 Nitto 450's, Autocross car

Last edited by Hobohuey; 02-20-2006 at 03:44 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in