help a brotha out... - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-21-2006, 04:38 AM Thread Starter
5th Gear Poster

help a brotha out...

OK, currently I am going to Northwest Missouri State University. I've been here for a year. I spent two years at Missouri Western State University. I wasted a bunch of time on trying to major in music, but got paid to play the drums so not a complete waste. Anyway, what I've been wondering for a long time is how good is UTI? I don't know who else to ask, or who would know, but I figure the guys on here normally are good for advice, and honest help so... I don't want a 9 to 5 doing some shight that doesn't make me happy. I would like to work on cars, and get paid to do it (money's not THAT important, mainly happiness). Would UTI be a good decision? Should I get my business degree, and then go to UTI? Is UTI a good school? I'm just currently in a situation in my life where I don't know what to do. My fiancee is one year away from being a doctor (I feel like the biggest loser on the planet), and I'm still unsure about what I want to do. I could go into the family business, but I don't like the thought of prison. j/k Someone help me out. If anyone has gone to UTI, and had good results, or is taking class there tell me what you think.

1. This forum requires that you wait 30 seconds between sending private messages. Please try again in 266079416 seconds. wtf?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-21-2006, 05:00 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

i cant remember off hand which school my brother went to ,(i think it was mmi), anyway he really liked it and is working at a harley dealership now. i know its not working cars but same type of school. good luck with your decision.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-21-2006, 10:23 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to ben_cline Send a message via MSN to ben_cline Send a message via Yahoo to ben_cline
My brother considered it and WyoTech, but decided to go to Linn. Cheap down here. If nothing else a cheap starter if you wanna think about doing UTI later. We've got automotive mechanics and auto collision. Costs about $1400 a semester and then a few grand for tools. I'd say do this before spending more money, and you'll get a decent start. We even go to Skills USA, so if you're good, you could help your career out this way. My bro and I are paying about $400 a month for a large appartment, and then utilities are about $100 a month for gas and electric. A smaller appartment is gonna be $250 a month straigh up for me next year, but he's charging extra for new people since he's paying more. But if you like that kinda thing, it's cheaper here, you get to know how much you like it, and if you decide to go somewhere else later, or after a semester or two, you can do that and haven't wasted a lot of money. Ton of guys down here, not many chicks, but it's close to Jeff City.

Lemme know, and I could give you more info. I'm also a Career Services Online administrator down here, so I could let you know about any companies that are looking for employees, or just any employers around Missouri. Not all, just the ones we have registered to Career Services. Got a few others in different states, too.

Benjamin' 07/30/82 Christian MySpace CarDomain
Celica and Chevy 1500 are sold for parts. Now I'm left with the broken Buick and my '98 Dakota.
Bedroom: Pioneer VSX23, DefTech BP6s (front) ProCenter 2000, Mirage Omni 350s, 10" Kicker L7 pushed by PExpress plate amp, XBox 360, PS3, 50" LG 3D plasma.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-21-2006, 10:48 AM
2nd Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to ThunderbirdLXV8
I went to UTI I would say go i got alot out of it. I went for auto and diesel learned alot and had a great time. pm if you got any questions i will try to answer them for ya

94LX v8 pearl white
89 sc is gone and 92 black sc is here
1994 Peterbilt 379 ext hood
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-21-2006, 03:18 PM Thread Starter
5th Gear Poster

thanks guys.

1. This forum requires that you wait 30 seconds between sending private messages. Please try again in 266079416 seconds. wtf?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in