Oh Man am I Really Pissed Off - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-02-2006, 11:41 PM Thread Starter
4th Gear Poster

Oh Man am I Really Pissed Off

So as you may or may not know my 3.8 blew a head gasket last October and I bought a 95 4.6 and was going to fix and sell the 3.8. Well both of my cars were in our pole barn across the road from our house, still workin on the 3.8 but the 4.6 was ready to go. I took it for a drive yesterday, first time I drove it aside from putting it on the trailer in December. Everything went fine.

Well, this morning the door the pole barn was wide open and my dad accused me of not closing it tight. I knew that not only did I close it but I locked it like I always do. Come to find out it had been kicked in. Someone had broken in sometime in the night, stolen my dad's expensive Popular Mechanics socket wrench set and took the faceplate to the cd player I put in the 4.6 and the keys to the 4.6. I did not have a spare set made yet as I wasn't even driving the car yet. Now I will have to change the locks on my doors and trunk because there is a set of keys to my car somewhere out there. Not to mention put in a new tumbler because I will need a set of keys for the ignition.

I don't think they are done either, I think they were seeing what was in there and are going to come back for more when they can carry more. Why in the hell would they take the keys and the faceplate to the cd player though, that makes that useless now too. We live out in the country and I'm sure no one saw me put the car in or take the car out of the pole barn and I shouldn't have to do that secretly in a locked pole barn anyway. The cops didn't do crap either, didn't even look in the pole barn, I suppose they couldn't do much anyway. As for now I am combing the internet trying to find a shoe that matched the shoe prints left to at least try to get some sort of lead.

This really pisses me off, the car was ready to go. Had we not gotten one of those random 13 inches of snow Michigan snow storms I probably would have had it out next week. Now I have to replace the locks and buy a new cd player. Those *** clowns better hope I never meet up with them in a dark alley.

A guy walks into an autoparts store and says "I would like a windshield wiper for my Honda Civic." The clerk thinks a minute then says "I guess that's a fair trade..."

The Yuwie Test[/URL]

Last edited by maiden_fan; 03-03-2006 at 12:54 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-03-2006, 12:32 AM
PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to Ricerbird
wow that sucks man. id kill someone. but i live in the city park on the street and leave it unloved. ane ive never had any problems. none of my family has in the 6 years we've lived here. but we have the luxury of living in a good neighborhood.

hope you find the jackasses
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-03-2006, 01:15 AM
Resident Line Creator

Send a message via AIM to th3subtl3on3
What kind of cd player is it? You would be amazed to what you could find on Ebay. I bought a faceplate for my old system on there. Its worth a shot. Sorry to hear about the problems. Maybe its time for an alarm?

-Brian
1989 Mercury Cougar - Anything but the Ordinary

Fully Built 4.2 Coming Soon, Parts include:
SC Block, 4.2 Crank, Scat H Beam Rods, Wiseco Pistons, Custom Comp Cam, 3/8 Main Stud Girdle, Ported/Polished Split Port Heads and Lower Intake, Windstar Upper, Heavier Springs, 1.73 Roller Rockers, BBK Valve Covers, Kooks long tube headers, Aluminum Radiator.

It May Not Be Pretty When Finished, But It'll Perform Pretty Darn Well.
post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-03-2006, 02:14 AM Thread Starter
4th Gear Poster

Its a pioneer, not sure on the exact model number. We are thinking on putting an alarm on the pole barn now. We shouldn't have to though, we live in a small town where everybody knows everybody and crap like this isn't supposed to happen. Oh well, I guess things never go the way they are supposed to.

A guy walks into an autoparts store and says "I would like a windshield wiper for my Honda Civic." The clerk thinks a minute then says "I guess that's a fair trade..."

The Yuwie Test[/URL]
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-03-2006, 06:53 AM
Seasoned Veteran Poster

What kind of precautions have you taken to make sure they don't come back tonight and just drive off with your car?

I don't know what else is in your garage that they can take, but they sure could fill your trunk up and just drive off, now.

Night was dark, but the sky was blue,
Down the alley, the ice-wagon flew,
Heard a bump, and somebody screamed,
You should have heard just what I seen.

Who do you love?

-Bo Diddley
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-03-2006, 07:30 AM
3rd Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to V8 SuperCoupe
Too bad about that, but for what it's worth, I'd almost say you got off easy.
Most jackoffs would have sliced every tire, smashed every window, and cut up the interior for fun. Let's not forget what some paint stripper would have done for the paint.

Good luck with the fix-up. It's still a bummer I know, but's it over now, just got take preventitive measures from now on.

Skip

Skip

1993 SC AUTO- 302 Conversion
Lentech clone AOD

1995 5 speed
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-03-2006, 07:48 AM
Motorboatin' SOB
Headlight Cleaning Guru

Send a message via AIM to big mike
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_97_LX
What kind of precautions have you taken to make sure they don't come back tonight and just drive off with your car?
he can pull the eec fuse under the hood. when whoever stole the keys tries to start it, it will crank and crank and crank but wont fire.

hire a sniper, too

2014 GT
1990 300ZX TT
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-03-2006, 09:53 AM
Who is John Galt?

Sucks to hear about the whole thing man. Hope you get it all worked out and can get ahold of the jokers that did that.

BTW, I've got your security system right here:

"Won't work, can't be done"
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-03-2006, 10:36 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to ben_cline Send a message via MSN to ben_cline Send a message via Yahoo to ben_cline
Might wanna stay out there in a sleeping bag with a shotgun or something. I'd bet they'd be back in the next couple nights.

Ya, check the faceplate. What kind was it? I was trying to get some good money off some CD players I was selling. Sold the whole lot of 7 for $31. That was with face plates and wire harnesses. I've seen wire harnesses and faceplates go for $10 alone. I guess it's all in advertising. But search eBay. And if you see someone from your area with the same faceplate, go find 'em and have your way with 'em. But ya, you can probably get a faceplate if it's a common CD player for about $10.

Benjamin' 07/30/82 Christian MySpace CarDomain
Celica and Chevy 1500 are sold for parts. Now I'm left with the broken Buick and my '98 Dakota.
Bedroom: Pioneer VSX23, DefTech BP6s (front) ProCenter 2000, Mirage Omni 350s, 10" Kicker L7 pushed by PExpress plate amp, XBox 360, PS3, 50" LG 3D plasma.
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-03-2006, 12:32 PM Thread Starter
4th Gear Poster

We nailed some 2X4's on the inside of the door so they wouldn't be able to kick it in again. I won't elabortate on how we managed to get out after we did that but we did, it wasn't out the door, thats for sure. This weekend we are going to buy a new door and hinge it so it opens out instead of in. Then build a new door jam so they won't be able to kick the door in.

I have no doubts that they will be back after they saw what all was in there. I did also toy with the idea of sleeping over there. Maybe put some plywood in the rafters and sleep up there with a shotgun. I don't really want to kill anybody (I wouldn't mind hurting them real bad though) but it sure would scare the hell out of them if they were staring down the barrel of a 12 gauge.

If it was some punk high school kids I'm sure they will brag and I have friends still in high school listening for me. And no, it wasn't any of my friends who did this either. I'm almost positive they didn't come to do damage to the car, they came to steal and decided to be dickheads about taking my keys. Maybe they were just preparing to come back and drive off. At any rate if I ever find them I will be sure to let you all know what becomes of the situation.

The Yuwie Test[/URL]
post #11 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-03-2006, 12:35 PM
Who is John Galt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by maiden_fan
I don't really want to kill anybody (I wouldn't mind hurting them real bad though) but it sure would scare the hell out of them if they were staring down the barrel of a 12 gauge.
Know anyone that could make up some rock salt loads for ya? A load of rock salt in the @$$ would make them think twice about coming back.

"Won't work, can't be done"
post #12 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-03-2006, 12:49 PM Thread Starter
4th Gear Poster

I would love to see the expression on their face when that hit them.

The Yuwie Test[/URL]
post #13 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-03-2006, 12:55 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to lightevergreenfrost
I don't know about your state but here in KY we can shoot someone if they break in. Well into the house, don't know about a barn. But then again you did say you lived in the country. J/k. Too bad its cold or you could sit in the barn and catch them red handed.

T-Bird Registry Number 27526
My Car Domain Site
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2282851
My Space:
http://www.myspace.com/jordonjones
post #14 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-03-2006, 01:14 PM Thread Starter
4th Gear Poster

We are allowed to shoot someone if they break into your house and you feel threatened. I don't think it would go over too well in the barn though. If I had any idea when they would try to come back, which I believe will be in the next couple days, I would be determined enough to sit over there in the cold just so I could catch them. I just don't want to sit there for nothing. I have a pretty good view of the barn from my house and I watched it pretty good until I went to bed at 4 last night but who knows what can happen after I go to bed.

The Yuwie Test[/URL]
post #15 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-03-2006, 05:34 PM
Veteran Poster

get a angry dog for your barn the best alarm you can get. may want to sleep with your bedroom window cracked and get motion lights with the brightest light bulbs.

93 LX: 89 SC rear sway, Tokico drop kit, JBA headers,ported and polished Edle Brock intake,ported e7's, E303 cam, Cold air intake,75mm TB,03 Lmaf, TwEECed T4M0, smog pump & ac delete, under drive pulleys, msd 6a, 1.7 ratio roller rockers, electric fan, 3.27 trac lok, 5spd, aluminum drive shaft, digital cluster converted to analog and it works!
post #16 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-03-2006, 07:30 PM
PostWhore

it'd be dumb as hell to take the car. i mean its a thinderbird, a small town, and its been worked on by you. they wouldnt be able to hide the thing.
post #17 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-03-2006, 08:11 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Garage
Send a message via AIM to MadMikeyL
Honestly, I would suggest you not change the locks on the car. You should be able to order a new set of keys from ford using the vin number if you can prove you are the registered owner. Do that, then get a GPS transmitter and hide it somewhere in the car. That way, if they ever do try to use those keys, you will be able to catch them red handed. If then never use the keys, you will have saved yourself the effort of swapping all the locks. That's what I would do.

Mike

PS. Watching the barn to see if they come back is a good idea too, but it seems to me if they wanted to take anything else, they would have loaded up your bird and drove away with all the stuff.

-91 Cougar LS, coming soon, complete overhaul with a 427" Windsor.
-90 XR7 5-speed black on black w/sunroof, MP2, coated rotors, double intercooler, 15%OD, ported heads, comp stage 1 cam, 85mm TB, 90MM LMAF, 80# injectors, and ported big valve heads
-98 Mark VIII LSC, Procharger P600b, TR3650 swap and 3.73s.
-90 SC Automatic rustbucket winter beater
-97 Tbird Sport 4.6 Nice weather daily driver
-"Your buddy Mike is INSANE!" -ClintD's dad
post #18 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-03-2006, 09:29 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMikeyL
Honestly, I would suggest you not change the locks on the car. You should be able to order a new set of keys from ford using the vin number if you can prove you are the registered owner. Do that, then get a GPS transmitter and hide it somewhere in the car. That way, if they ever do try to use those keys, you will be able to catch them red handed. If then never use the keys, you will have saved yourself the effort of swapping all the locks. That's what I would do.

Mike

PS. Watching the barn to see if they come back is a good idea too, but it seems to me if they wanted to take anything else, they would have loaded up your bird and drove away with all the stuff.

yea not gonna happen on a 95 , ford started recording in 1996.5 so anythign earlier and your sol .

64 ford galaxie -FE powered beast!- sleeping giant
69 cougar standard- 347/c6 -efi restomod, heidts prog 4 link heavily modified front, custom strutrods boxed lowers rollerperches 620 lowering springs! meier shock tower brace
96 f150 supercab lifted beast! 351 powered beast
87 shasta roadmaster 29ft travel trailer- pimpdaddy camping!
mn12 less!
post #19 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-03-2006, 09:34 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Garage
Send a message via AIM to MadMikeyL
Oh. Didn't know that. Nevermind then.

-91 Cougar LS, coming soon, complete overhaul with a 427" Windsor.
-90 XR7 5-speed black on black w/sunroof, MP2, coated rotors, double intercooler, 15%OD, ported heads, comp stage 1 cam, 85mm TB, 90MM LMAF, 80# injectors, and ported big valve heads
-98 Mark VIII LSC, Procharger P600b, TR3650 swap and 3.73s.
-90 SC Automatic rustbucket winter beater
-97 Tbird Sport 4.6 Nice weather daily driver
-"Your buddy Mike is INSANE!" -ClintD's dad
post #20 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-04-2006, 10:00 AM
5th Gear Poster

Send a message via Yahoo to 96lxcorey
Sorry about the chain of events. Have ya walked the road to see if the punks just tossed the keys after their little expedition?If it was kids may have done it for chits and giggles.

corey

Excuses are just that.......excuses
9 out of 10 times your gut feeling wont steer you wrong
1997 Sport
post #21 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-04-2006, 12:12 PM Thread Starter
4th Gear Poster

I was more worried about someone just opening the door and taking all of my cd's than stealing the car. I would have walked the road but the night it happened we got 14 inches of snow so I wouldn't have a chance of finding them. Maybe when it melts if they did throw them. I was also thinking how dumb it would be for them to take the car but then I started thinking they may just want to wreck the hell out of it and leave it for me to find. I guess I don't really know, I almost sure I'll never find out who did it and I'll have to decide for sure what I want to do to the locks.

The Yuwie Test[/URL]
post #22 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-04-2006, 07:14 PM
I Break Stuff

Send a message via AIM to 94V8Thunderbird Send a message via Yahoo to 94V8Thunderbird
sucks to hear your story man, i love my car and i would be pissed as shiot if anybody did that to me. but i do know of something i have done to someone.
my car was parked in the parking lot of mcdonalds one time and me and some friends were inside, when we came out there were three asshats sitting on my effing trunk and i had never seen these guys before, so i said to my friends, comeon, lets walk by these guys and push em off the car.
so we are walkin by, i tell the guy hey, nice car ya got there, he says yeah, thanks, then me and my buddies grab all three and throw them off my car, and tell em if i ever catch em sitting on my car again ill break their legs. just figured id fill ya in on that one, thats all i would do if i was you, catch em (if u can) and break their legs.

Marc (sorry, i have some violent tendencies)

1988 Mustang GT 306, 4 bbl holley, edlebrock intake, nitrous cam, 4 inch cowl hood.
94 LX PI swapped Bird (sold) missing that car so bad
TCCoABAMF
post #23 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-05-2006, 02:45 PM
PostWhore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94V8Thunderbird
sucks to hear your story man, i love my car and i would be pissed as shiot if anybody did that to me. but i do know of something i have done to someone.
my car was parked in the parking lot of mcdonalds one time and me and some friends were inside, when we came out there were three asshats sitting on my effing trunk and i had never seen these guys before, so i said to my friends, comeon, lets walk by these guys and push em off the car.
so we are walkin by, i tell the guy hey, nice car ya got there, he says yeah, thanks, then me and my buddies grab all three and throw them off my car, and tell em if i ever catch em sitting on my car again ill break their legs. just figured id fill ya in on that one, thats all i would do if i was you, catch em (if u can) and break their legs.

Marc (sorry, i have some violent tendencies)
woulda done the same thing
post #24 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-05-2006, 07:57 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to ben_cline Send a message via MSN to ben_cline Send a message via Yahoo to ben_cline
I thought about a dog, too. But I figured they could do something to the dog. I wouldn't want to put a living thing out there. If it was inside the barn, that would probably scare them off before they got inside, depending on how much room you have in there for it to move around, and stay away from your vehicle.

Benjamin' 07/30/82 Christian MySpace CarDomain
Celica and Chevy 1500 are sold for parts. Now I'm left with the broken Buick and my '98 Dakota.
Bedroom: Pioneer VSX23, DefTech BP6s (front) ProCenter 2000, Mirage Omni 350s, 10" Kicker L7 pushed by PExpress plate amp, XBox 360, PS3, 50" LG 3D plasma.
post #25 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-06-2006, 03:30 AM
6th Gear Poster

paintball guns work wonders in these type of situations. Especially cause they hurt like hell, and arent nearly as dangerous as a real gun. But you should go on e-bay and type in somethin like pioneer face plate and click at the top that and choose nearest item. It'll show the nearest items, i'd check to see if its on there in a day or 2. If you see it, and know its that one, i'd bid on it and win the auction, then go kick the punk kids ***. But dont tell him that you want to pick it up and save on shipping costs, that'd screw ya over.
post #26 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-06-2006, 11:18 PM Thread Starter
4th Gear Poster

I tried the ebay thing today but I didn't see one. Im going to hit the pawn shops in the area tomorrow and see what I can find. It has gotten worse. We are starting to find more stuff as we look better. They took a set of metric end wrenches, a big set. They took our saws-all. They took a chainsaw that we had on the floor in the pole barn. I also noticed that they did try to pry the cd player out, this was evident by the crack in the top where they broke it. That may make a faceplate useless, I may have to buy another cd player anyway. I just keep getting angry all over again every time I go back over to that pole barn.

The Yuwie Test[/URL]
post #27 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-06-2006, 11:50 PM
Beer and Cheese

Garage
You said you live in a small town? Did you know most brake in's and house robberies are by people you know or people who live close to. I would seriously stand up and do a 360. Look at neighbors, friends, and even family. Someone knew that door was weak and kicked it in. Think about it, your friend “Bob” knows you have 2 birds and tools, when he comes over and see’s all the cool stuff in the barn he‘s going to tell everyone else. Well Bob knows “Tom” and Tom knows 50 other people and I’m sure s*** spreads like wild fire in a small town. Did you have any of your friends, family, neighbors, whom ever come over looking at your stuff? Ask your Dad the same question. Who ever did it knew what they wanted and knew that door was easy to kick in. I hope you find the f**ks, keep us updated.

God Bless the men & women who have served and serving to keep us free
post #28 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-07-2006, 01:38 AM Thread Starter
4th Gear Poster

There is one neighbor who I am a little suspicious of. Two of my friends had been in there before but they say they didn't tell anyone what was in there and I believe them since we have been best friends since freshman year in high school. I have been trying to find some way to talk to the neighbors in question and try to get a look at their shoes. We don't ever talk to them or anything so I couldn't just walk up and have a friendly chat like I could with my other neighbors. They are kind of low lifes which is why I am suspicious of them.

The Yuwie Test[/URL]

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in