Today is the day - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-07-2006, 12:17 PM Thread Starter
2nd Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to Macomom Send a message via MSN to Macomom Send a message via Yahoo to Macomom
Today is the day

Im so excited to get the bird today! I can't wait to start getting her put back together. OMG that poor car needs sooooooo much work but I don't care. I just hope i don't get attached to it as much as I did the camaro. The thunderbird needs alot of repairs from motor, interior, and exterior. She is going to be quite a challenge but right now since the fire and watching my camaro die a long slow painfull death I kinda' feel like I can do anything. (If that makes any sense..lol) Anyway I should be leaving here in a lil' while to go get my cheque and go pick her up. If I can ill try to get some pics to show you all keep in mind the pics may scare you all..lol shes been abused, eh what can you expect though..lol I'm only paying $500 for the car. But it's in me I can see past all of the "ugly" and see plenty of beautiful potential. I still see potential in the camaro. Open minded I guess..LOL Kind'a sad my boyfriend bought me a 1986? Buick I think it was a new yorker it was in perfect condition but there was NO potential in that car it was just ugly to me...lol he laughs because i wouldnt take that but I'm excited to get a beat down thunderbird with 250k miles..LOL I see a hotrod under all of that beat up skin of the t-bird
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-07-2006, 02:41 PM
PostWhore

Sounds fun!
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-07-2006, 02:50 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to 94 Daily Driven 4.6L
It's probably going to roll off the trailer, hit a gas truck, cause a spark, and catch on fire...

Ok, I'm sorry, I just couldn't resist!!

Seriously though, good luck with it and even though it may have been abused, these MN12's can really make a comeback. Shoot I bought a 95 Cougar on eBay for $213!!! No second gear... I drove it from NJ to Alabama with the tranny that way.

Just do a close inspection and fix the safety items first, then tuneup/repairs… then go wild and modify it!!!

A nice slow, methodical approach really works well!!

Good luck and get some photo if you can!!

And remember: "Search is your friend"

97 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC (Chip'd, 3.73 T/L... so far... )
97 Ford Aspire (Slow, but getting 36 mpg (f'n Ethenol!! )
84 F250 Dually w/6.9L Diesel (7.3L IDI pending)
73 Mercury Cougar Convertible w/351C 4V (Partially Restored)
69 F100 LWB w/460 Engine
76 Glastron Carlson 23' Jet Boat w/460 CJ Engine
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-07-2006, 03:07 PM Thread Starter
2nd Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to Macomom Send a message via MSN to Macomom Send a message via Yahoo to Macomom
yeah, well its drive able right now. Im getting ready right now my mom is on her way to come get me and were going to go pick get it. Im going to stop by the tire shop also a bunch of my friends work there i got free tires all day for the camaro..LOL the bird has a blown read driver tire its on a spare. When i called today to see if they had the tire size 215 65 15 he was laughing and said YOU! lol the camaro was 215 60 15 and we could never find used tires for it every time they did get some they would save them for me..LOL he said hold on lemme see and oddly enough t hey have 1 lol i told him hold it ill be there soon as i can..lol there for a while he wouldnt give me tires for the camaro he said i abused them...lol they were used..lol what goes better w/ used than abused well i gotta go i should have my new heap'o'crap when i get back on..LOL

Quote:
It's probably going to roll off the trailer, hit a gas truck, cause a spark, and catch on fire...
hey now..lol it might ...lol

hey i just read your sig... you know where to find a std tranny for a 1997 aspire? my friend is looking for one and been looking all over online and cant find one.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-07-2006, 03:12 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to 94 Daily Driven 4.6L
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macomom
hey now..lol it might ...lol

hey i just read your sig... you know where to find a std tranny for a 1997 aspire? my friend is looking for one and been looking all over online and cant find one.
Has he/she looked on the Festiva board or the Aspire board?

http://www.fordfestiva.com/forum/index.php
http://fordaspire.5.forumer.com/

Or this site which is linked to a lot of salvage yards around the country:

http://car-part.com/

Good luck!

97 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC (Chip'd, 3.73 T/L... so far... )
97 Ford Aspire (Slow, but getting 36 mpg (f'n Ethenol!! )
84 F250 Dually w/6.9L Diesel (7.3L IDI pending)
73 Mercury Cougar Convertible w/351C 4V (Partially Restored)
69 F100 LWB w/460 Engine
76 Glastron Carlson 23' Jet Boat w/460 CJ Engine
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-07-2006, 09:19 PM Thread Starter
2nd Gear Poster

Well here she is

Sorry for the quality but i took the pics w/ a phone isnt she purrrdy? well you kinda have to look past all the ugly to see the purdy..LOLOL
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-07-2006, 10:13 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to lightevergreenfrost
Hey, that Bird is not that bad. Im glad to see someone saving one instead of destroying it. Good Luck.

T-Bird Registry Number 27526
My Car Domain Site
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2282851
My Space:
http://www.myspace.com/jordonjones
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-07-2006, 10:39 PM
4th Gear Poster

Send a message via Yahoo to agutsechicken
that bird is totaly sexy lol......seriously

Its a jeep thing I don't under stand.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-09-2006, 11:53 AM Thread Starter
2nd Gear Poster

Well yesterday i took her and got her all cleaned up and what do you know it changed colord on me..LOL thats how dirty it was..LOL its actually a bright teal green under all of that dirt....LOL im quite happy it cleans up very nicely. I went yesterday and got 2 used tires from my friend who owns a tire shop. My boyfriend was having a fit because i was getting used tires. but the back you can see in the pic was a donut and the front right was showing wires BAD. my boyfriend said just wait and get new tires. well when he seen my free used tires he had more faith in me they are practally new w/ great tread. i was laughing and asked him do you trust me now? he thought i was going to end up w/ tires as bad as what was on it..LOL i had to take my step dad home yesterday and he lives on a dirt road and his negibors have these MEAN big dogs that they never keep in their yard no matter how much we complain. a few months ago one ran out and tried to bite my camaro i was going like 10mph and i was like F* it try to bite the car and see what you get, well his collar got stuck to my bumper cover which was messed up, i stoped and let him unhang hisself ( i wasnt about to get out and get bit) well yesterday same thing the dog ran out and was biting at the t-bird and i stoped and he got behind the car and was jumping up on the back trying to bite my trunk..well ive had enough of that **** gotta love a rear wheel drive i just bairly stepped on the gas and blew some dirt on him and he took off back in his gate. next time im going to take a baseball bat and go talk to the owners weve called animal control and they havent done a thing. i kinda feel bad because its not the dogs fault hes mean and his owners dont keep him in the yard (they have a fence and a gate but never shut the gate.) i dont know how many times you have to call AC before they take the dog. i wish they would before he does get hit by a car.
well i figured i would just give you all an update I am sooo lovin this car...lol

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in