The Wonderful world of Credit! - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-07-2006, 01:28 PM Thread Starter
Seasoned PostWhore

The Wonderful world of Credit!

You know this credit thing pisses me off...

I am in the process of going through the pre aprovel process for a morgage. I was told I dont have enough credit...
I have never been late on any bills I have on credit card that I pay off at the end of every month and a small personal loan through my band and a car loan.

I have never had trouble passing credit checks for leases but I prefer to buy things mostly with cash rather then finiance something. That has hurt me more in the long run then if I just finianced my self to the hilt when I was in collage.

My neighbor filed for banrupcy 18 months ago and just got pre aproved for a 250k morgage...

He files for bankrupcy and I have no marks on my credit no begitives always paid on time and I cant get one.

My bank told me to get two more credit card use them and try agian in 15 to 16 months...

I am really hating banks at the moment.....

Ok I am done ranting!

AAAAA: American Association Against Acronym Abuse

Click here if you are an idiot

Llama!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-07-2006, 01:58 PM
Resident Line Creator

Send a message via AIM to th3subtl3on3
Sorry to hear about your problems. I hate credit cards. I am 20 years old and do not have one yet, I refuse. I guess I should get one so that I can build some credit and don't end up in the same boat that your in right now.

-Brian
1989 Mercury Cougar - Anything but the Ordinary

Fully Built 4.2 Coming Soon, Parts include:
SC Block, 4.2 Crank, Scat H Beam Rods, Wiseco Pistons, Custom Comp Cam, 3/8 Main Stud Girdle, Ported/Polished Split Port Heads and Lower Intake, Windstar Upper, Heavier Springs, 1.73 Roller Rockers, BBK Valve Covers, Kooks long tube headers, Aluminum Radiator.

It May Not Be Pretty When Finished, But It'll Perform Pretty Darn Well.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-07-2006, 02:12 PM
Seasoned Veteran Poster

Sounds like you need to try a different bank.

It might depend on the mortgage amount you are trying to get approved for, but I bought my house when I was 25 with no problems, and I had only gotten my first credit card when I was 20. The only other contributing factors that I know of are that I am a college graduate, and had the same job for 2 years when I applied for the mortgage.

Night was dark, but the sky was blue,
Down the alley, the ice-wagon flew,
Heard a bump, and somebody screamed,
You should have heard just what I seen.

Who do you love?

-Bo Diddley
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-07-2006, 02:25 PM Thread Starter
Seasoned PostWhore

I tried a few banks and they are only offering a FHA loan to me. My first credit card was two years ago.... thats what killing me...

I have had the same job for 4 years and lived in the sam eplace for 4 years..

Though I do currently hold a lease in Houston (almost moved there before Katrina)

I am just going ot have to rent here for another year or so and get a few credit cards and such... I always hated them and tried to avoid them little did I know they are mandatory in life...

AAAAA: American Association Against Acronym Abuse

Click here if you are an idiot

Llama!!!

post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-07-2006, 02:29 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to 94 Daily Driven 4.6L
Here is the banks' thinking when it comes to credit:

If you pay your cards off each month, that gives them no proof that you will pay a long term loan. Silly, yes, but that is the reality. The best way to build credit is to get a small signature loan and take it to full term. You'll pay interst, but it will prove to the lenders that you are "reliable". AND they want you to take it to full term.... so they can get more interest!! It's all about them making money.

97 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC (Chip'd, 3.73 T/L... so far... )
97 Ford Aspire (Slow, but getting 36 mpg (f'n Ethenol!! )
84 F250 Dually w/6.9L Diesel (7.3L IDI pending)
73 Mercury Cougar Convertible w/351C 4V (Partially Restored)
69 F100 LWB w/460 Engine
76 Glastron Carlson 23' Jet Boat w/460 CJ Engine
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-07-2006, 02:32 PM
Sweet T

Send a message via AIM to SanDiegoLXBird
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94 Daily Driven 4.6L

If you pay your cards off each month, that gives them no proof that you will pay a long term loan. Silly, yes, but that is the reality. The best way to build credit is to get a small signature loan and take it to full term. You'll pay interst, but it will prove to the lenders that you are "reliable". AND they want you to take it to full term.... so they can get more interest!! It's all about them making money.

See... but once you get that small loand and take it the full term, you can F them in the future and pay stuff off prematurely. In CA, they cannot penalize you for paying off a loan early.

But you're right. That's why my credit is so good, I've had credit cards since I turned 18 and I'm always floating a balance. Heh. Might not be the best for my sanity, but it helps the FICO score.

1994 SC 5-Speed
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2253560
1996 4.6L R.I.P December 02, 2004
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/560841
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-07-2006, 02:44 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to 94 Daily Driven 4.6L
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDiegoLXBird
See... but once you get that small loan and take it the full term, you can F them in the future and pay stuff off prematurely. In CA, they cannot penalize you for paying off a loan early.

But you're right. That's why my credit is so good, I've had credit cards since I turned 18 and I'm always floating a balance. Heh. Might not be the best for my sanity, but it helps the FICO score.
BINGO!!! Get the credit... and then stick it to them!

But credit cards can get you in trouble also... take that from a person who is working down a $60,000 credit card debt!! (Only $28K to go and I'll be debt free (excluding my mortgage) )

But I never missed a payment, nor had a late payment!!!

Just be careful, you don't want to have hosed credit!!

97 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC (Chip'd, 3.73 T/L... so far... )
97 Ford Aspire (Slow, but getting 36 mpg (f'n Ethenol!! )
84 F250 Dually w/6.9L Diesel (7.3L IDI pending)
73 Mercury Cougar Convertible w/351C 4V (Partially Restored)
69 F100 LWB w/460 Engine
76 Glastron Carlson 23' Jet Boat w/460 CJ Engine
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-07-2006, 02:50 PM
Who is John Galt?

No wonder the bankers seemed pissed when I payed my 3 year car loan off in 18 months. Every dime I made at my job in high school went to paying it off early so I didn't go into college with a negative balance. I still have a payment book with about 17-18 slips in it as a momento of my first major purchase.

Beautiful way to reward a guy for being a responsible person. Bohica!

"Won't work, can't be done"
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-07-2006, 03:56 PM

Quote:

I had no issues getting a loan last year for my house (at age 26), hell I go Pre-approved for 300k if I wanted it (umm no, why would I want 60% of my "take home pay" going to house payments)

Previous record
-Been at my job for 2 years (was on lay-off status before then)
-Been at my current address for more that 2 years
-3 year auto loan for my T-bird, payed off in 18 months
- ONE credit card for the last 5 years in which I ALWAYS payed it off when I get the bill.
-3 year loan for a new snowmobile, payed off in 2 years

As you can see I really didn't have much for "previous" credits stuff but my credit score (the ONLY think they really care about) was in the High 700 range. I went through Wells Fargo for my loan. The BIG factor was that I had a Full 20% of the purchase priceo of the home, they like that.

1996 Thunderbird LX 3.8L
-255rwhp 273rwtq-
-Vortech V1 S-trim [email protected], aftercooled-
-Built 4R70W W/3200rpm PI
1997 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC
-stock, stock, big dent, and more stock-
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-07-2006, 04:44 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Maybe try going to Wells-Fargo or Countrywide?? They managed to get me into my house at a good rate and were willing to loan me the amount I needed when 2 banks wouldn't loan me over 90K at an outrageous intrest rate. Just a thought if you really want to get into a house. And no, I did not use the FHA loan to get it.

Jay

These are highly engineered precision vehicles, the first step in diagnosing the problem is to strike the suspected offending part sharply and repeatedly with a blunt object, then re-test.
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-07-2006, 05:21 PM
Seasoned Veteran Poster

So I didn't do my homework... what's wrong with an FHA loan?

Night was dark, but the sky was blue,
Down the alley, the ice-wagon flew,
Heard a bump, and somebody screamed,
You should have heard just what I seen.

Who do you love?

-Bo Diddley
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-07-2006, 05:59 PM
Whining Intakes Rock

I 2nd Countrywide. Countrywide won't sell your mortgage to some other company you never heard of.

_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/ I like intakes that whine \_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_

# SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0;
# 0 rows returned
# drop table users;_
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-07-2006, 08:05 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Garage
Send a message via AIM to MadMikeyL
Quote:
But credit cards can get you in trouble also... take that from a person who is working down a $60,000 credit card debt!! (Only $28K to go and I'll be debt free (excluding my mortgage) )
Damn! I thought my $12K in credit card debt was bad! Thanks for adjusting my references.

Mike

-91 Cougar LS, coming soon, complete overhaul with a 427" Windsor.
-90 XR7 5-speed black on black w/sunroof, MP2, coated rotors, double intercooler, 15%OD, ported heads, comp stage 1 cam, 85mm TB, 90MM LMAF, 80# injectors, and ported big valve heads
-98 Mark VIII LSC, Procharger P600b, TR3650 swap and 3.73s.
-90 SC Automatic rustbucket winter beater
-97 Tbird Sport 4.6 Nice weather daily driver
-"Your buddy Mike is INSANE!" -ClintD's dad
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-07-2006, 08:13 PM
Johnny Bling Bling

Send a message via AIM to 93 lx
thunder, sending you a pm.

2003 Ford Expedition: 5.4L, harley supercharger, 2.93 upper pulley, 4lb lower pulley, c&l plenum, jlp cai, LFP SBTB, FTSP, Magnaflow 3" catback, Eclipse AVN-5510, white face gauges, cobalt c2 boost gauge, ddm hid's, 379 rwhp, 465 rwtq sold 11/3/12

2009 Ford Flex Limited AWD
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-08-2006, 12:32 AM
Refrigerator Raider Hater

heh... my credit union's shortest car loan is 3 years, I paid off my truck in 2 months. I paid less than $10 in interest.

Matt "Looks Like Egon" Davis
96 Alpine Green V8
98 Audi A8 4.2Q in Racing Green Totalled
02 Audi A8L 4.2Q in Black

I buy my OEM Ford parts at 10% over dealer cost from Steve in White Bear Lake, MN.
You drive "like a man possessed"... by a woman!
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-08-2006, 12:44 AM
Veteran Poster

Send a message via AIM to ThomasR91169
sucks to have a economy thats based on debt huh. makes you wonder how we get anywhere.

that being said, i have great credit, 768 is where it was when i got the stang. i just walked up and said "i want this car at this price with this down". just gotta start when youre young using those 200$ limit cards and keeping them at around 200$ maxxed out and pay 100/mo for a while. thats what i did. make the banks know you can afford a long term debt payment. i usually try to keep some sort of debt to my name, having everything payed off is a big no-no, banks will see that with a few open credit cards with large maximums, that youre a huge risk to buy a ****load of something big that you dont have the monthly income to pay even the minimums.

1994 Tbird 4.6l, 3 trannies later and still bone stock.
Click to See
2002 Stang GT, 5spd "Ellie", Eleanor Tribute. Stage 3 Roush Kit, Saleen S281 Spoiler, JMS / Ironman Customs CL-2 C-Pillar Panels. Black Racing stripes on Pepper Grey. Minor Bolt ons, Real mods coming soon(Procharger, VT cams/Headwork, 31spline Eaton Rear, T-56 Swap)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in