my bird is being dedicated for the track - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-02-2009, 12:32 AM Thread Starter
2nd Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to 1992tbirdsport
my bird is being dedicated for the track

so ive made the decision.... my 92 is track bound.... so hears the deal... its a 92 sport... i have the following..

not installed yet

typhoon intake upper and lower
mac 70mm throttle body and spacer
5 spd an SC (may not install it)
msd 6al box
msd pro bullet distributor
Mac headers
pullies
momo t frame seats (red)

Installed

Cold air with k and n
2 and a half inch dual exhaust from cats back with h pipe
b&m shift kit
3000 stall converter
MAC high volume aluminum finned trans pan

this week proably tomorow im ripping out the interior.. and cutting out some stuff metal and doing some weight reductuion....

a friend of min is going to do a solid axle swap for me im working from the rear forward only reason the trans has been worked is cause it blew and i had the parts..

i have a 331 booked from DSS

gotta pick heads though
what else should i do..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-02-2009, 07:18 AM
Road warrior extrodinaire

Super Moderator

Garage
Gears 4.10 or greater for a strictly strip vehicle.

Mods? Yea, I got mods ...
Air silencer delete, warp drive, dilithium crystals, flux capacitor, Slingshot Rubber band power adder, Moonshine & Gas, Leaf Blower Supercharger, Hamster Wheel & Hamster, Energizer Bunny generating 1.21 gigawatts, Mr. Fusion® Home Energy Reactor, hover conversion and a sextant celestial navigation system (The original GPS)
Best 1/4: 1,320 nanoseconds @ 670,616,629.2 miles per hour

"There isn't that much difference anymore between spacecraft, aircraft and modern automobiles..." - Keith Henry, NASA's Langley Research Center
See a list of my real mods and pictures of my car HERE. The true performance of my car was made possible by the Carolinas Crew Chief, RobertP at Rob's Tire & Auto
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-02-2009, 08:05 AM
PostSlut

do not order through DSS....crapy company. Anything that goes wrong with your motor, even if it was their fault, they will place the blame on you or someone else. got to www.corral.net to read up on some horro stories.

go with www.fordstrokers.com
Woody is the guy who runs the place.

with all that said, good luck with your build. My 95 is a dedicated track car as well.
I have a weight removal thread in general tech, thats kinda taking weight removal to the next level on these cars.

Nick......................I'm back!!!
May you fly low and fast
rest in peace JL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-02-2009, 12:09 PM Thread Starter
2nd Gear Poster

unfortunetly they already have my money... and there is no refunds only credit....

maybe ill just get their stroker kit and have the machine work done localy
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-02-2009, 02:33 PM Thread Starter
2nd Gear Poster

well she just went on a small diet....... out the interior... left the dash console and driver seat for now im bringing it to my budies to put the momo seats in today or tomorrow....... dot all the sound proofing out of the trunk.... that only took about 10 min... i just peeled it out... no heat at all.....
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-02-2009, 02:42 PM
PostSlut

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1992tbirdsport View Post
well she just went on a small diet....... out the interior... left the dash console and driver seat for now im bringing it to my budies to put the momo seats in today or tomorrow....... dot all the sound proofing out of the trunk.... that only took about 10 min... i just peeled it out... no heat at all.....
lucky!

Nick......................I'm back!!!
May you fly low and fast
rest in peace JL
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-02-2009, 03:38 PM Thread Starter
2nd Gear Poster

haha yea i looked at your post and was like yea notrite now.... but then when i got the carpet out i picked a peice up with my nails... so then i just flaked it alllll of in nooo time...
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-02-2009, 04:59 PM Thread Starter
2nd Gear Poster

i still want to be able to drive it on the street.... mostly to and from the track but also for a fun blast to whoop the civics
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-02-2009, 05:11 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Super Moderator

Garage
Send a message via AIM to MadMikeyL
I wouldn't bother with a solid axle swap. Your money would be better spent somewhere else.

As for heads, AFRs or VicJrs. get my vote. I have a set of the Holley Systemax heads on my 393, and with all the port time I have into them, plus having to redo the valve job aftewards, I wish I had just spent the money upfront for better heads.

-91 Cougar LS, coming soon, complete overhaul with a 427" Windsor.
-90 XR7 5-speed black on black w/sunroof, MP2, coated rotors, double intercooler, 15%OD, ported heads, comp stage 1 cam, 85mm TB, 90MM LMAF, 80# injectors, and ported big valve heads
-98 Mark VIII LSC, Procharger P600b, TR3650 swap and 3.73s.
-90 SC Automatic rustbucket winter beater
-97 Tbird Sport 4.6 Nice weather daily driver
-"Your buddy Mike is INSANE!" -ClintD's dad
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-02-2009, 09:42 PM Thread Starter
2nd Gear Poster

wellhe decision has been made today that it is getting back halfed... doing the solid axle is only gunna cost me the axle... and the new coil overs... my budy runs a fab shop so hes gunna do the back half and the axle... all i have to pay for is the metal... im also going to be doing a glass front end hood... and deck lid... but that will be in time... he is also making me a cage.... he loves making cages and he said he has the metal so i dont even have to pay for it... im trying to figure out were else to save weight... i was thinking vic jr heads too... also thinking of doing a mustang 2 front clip... my plan is to have the car don for running in the 8's so that if eventualy i go that far i wont have to do all the extra work that goes along with it...ill only be dealing with motor and trany to get that fast cause everything else will be done...
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-02-2009, 10:51 PM Thread Starter
2nd Gear Poster

imstarting to think i should go carborated yay or nay...
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-03-2009, 03:45 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Super Moderator

Garage
Send a message via AIM to MadMikeyL
Where in NJ is this buddy of yours that loves making cages? We are putting one in our 24hrs of lemons car tomorrow, and if someone who has some experience in this matter would be willing to help, that would be great.

Don't bother with a mustang 2 front end, it will be a lot of fab work, and you really won't gain anything from it. A tubular K-member would probably be good for what you want to do though. As far as going carbed or not, I would say for now leave it EFI, since you already have a pretty decent manifold. By the time that manifold becomes a restriction, you will be way up there in power, and at that time it is going to start to cost more in terms of tuning and everything to keep the EFI, so at that time you can go carbed. Plus by that time, who knows if you'll even still be running a 302, so rather than having to buy multiple intakes, and multiple carbs, just keep the EFI, and when it gets to the point that it is going to cost too much in terms of tuning, then go to the carb. In the end though, you can make more power with the EFI than you will be able to with the carb, but the cost/dollar will definitely swing in favor of the carb for a while first.

-91 Cougar LS, coming soon, complete overhaul with a 427" Windsor.
-90 XR7 5-speed black on black w/sunroof, MP2, coated rotors, double intercooler, 15%OD, ported heads, comp stage 1 cam, 85mm TB, 90MM LMAF, 80# injectors, and ported big valve heads
-98 Mark VIII LSC, Procharger P600b, TR3650 swap and 3.73s.
-90 SC Automatic rustbucket winter beater
-97 Tbird Sport 4.6 Nice weather daily driver
-"Your buddy Mike is INSANE!" -ClintD's dad
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-04-2009, 03:04 PM Thread Starter
2nd Gear Poster

he is in perth amboy.... but im sure he is weeks to months out from being able to take anything else on.... now my question with the efi over carb is how much can you tune an efi motor? i weill be running a 331 or 347 will the efi still be ok? what will i have to do to get the most power out it? im not verry good with efi... i can tune the hell out of a carb but EFI thats one of those scratching my head things.... i need to figure out what rear to buy as well i want to go cheaper at first untill have the power to require a shortend 9" but that may be way off... weare gunna do a minor back half on the car with mini tubs and posibly full aluminum floors... trying to get as much wait as possible out of this thing... im looking into the glass parts... haryglass has the fenders doors hood bumpers and decklid so im thinkin that will be a decent amount of weight but the cost of it all is gunna put that way off... i may do decklid/rear bumper and a hood for now...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in