Couple runs in the new bird - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-21-2010, 10:46 PM Thread Starter
5th Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to SilverLx
Couple runs in the new bird

Ran the car on July 16. Mid 80's and pretty high humidity. Car felt strong even though my runs weren't perfect (user error).

Run 1: Thought I was going to get to run a new Mustang GT, but got stuck running some kid in a VW Passat that was icing his (stock) intake manifold.

I didn't warm up the tires enough on this run at all and cut a 2.1 60'. Also toward the end, the back-end started breaking loose, causing me to coast for the last 75' or so. A couple cars that night did the same thing but kept in it with nearly disastrous results, and I wasn't about to go there.

Results of run 1
Me: 12.964 @ 100.97
VW Passat: 16.108 @ 83.12

Run 2: On this run I thought I was going to get to run a silver 03 Cobra that had just ran a 12.9. Yet, once again the track tech had other plans for me and I ended up running a turbo Lexus that popped and backfired at every shift. In this run I cut a 1.97 60', and still had some traction issues. I also left OD on.. Yeah yeah, dumb.

Results of run 2
Me: 12.666 @109.73
Turbo Lexus: 14.603 @ 81.05

There's quite a bit of improvement that can be made in my times as it sits, but I will be swapping to a smaller pulley on the vortech as well as changing out the tired rear. Oh, and I will get a better camera for recording, haha.

Edit: Couple Pics of the toys to add.

Pic 1

Pic 2

Bird 1: 268 NPI comp cams, pi intake, P&P'd pi heads, ss autochrome headers (waste), dumped exhaust, sct tuned, alum driveshaft, 3.73 TL...Other minor crap

Bird 2: Vortech'd

Both silver, and bad.

Last edited by SilverLx; 07-21-2010 at 10:56 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-21-2010, 10:52 PM
6th Gear Poster

me likey!

MMMMMMMMMMMMM..........MMM..........MMMMMMMMMMMMM
.......MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM........
MMMMM........................................

THUNDERBIRD: because everyone else drives a mustang.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-22-2010, 12:24 AM
PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to thunderbirdlver Send a message via Yahoo to thunderbirdlver
And you are gone! Nice!

If your exhaust tip is larger than your cylinder bore, then you are a Ricer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-22-2010, 08:49 AM
Road warrior extrodinaire

Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverLx View Post
Ran the car on July 16. Mid 80's and pretty high humidity. Car felt strong even though my runs weren't perfect (user error).

Run 1: Thought I was going to get to run a new Mustang GT, but got stuck running some kid in a VW Passat that was icing his (stock) intake manifold.

There's quite a bit of improvement that can be made in my times as it sits, but I will be swapping to a smaller pulley on the vortech as well as changing out the tired rear. Oh, and I will get a better camera for recording, haha.

Edit: Couple Pics of the toys to add.

Pic 1

Pic 2
LOL at the kid icing his stock intake. Good runs. Any time you can cut a 12.6 in 80° Temps and high humidity is a good day.

To bad you didn't get to run the new Mustang. I'm really looking forward to the day I can run one of them or the new Camaro SS.

I guess these runs were with the Vorteched Bird 2? Do you have Meth injection on it? That would really help.

Mods? Yea, I got mods ...
Air silencer delete, warp drive, dilithium crystals, flux capacitor, Slingshot Rubber band power adder, Moonshine & Gas, Leaf Blower Supercharger, Hamster Wheel & Hamster, Energizer Bunny generating 1.21 gigawatts, Mr. Fusion® Home Energy Reactor, hover conversion and a sextant celestial navigation system (The original GPS)
Best 1/4: 1,320 nanoseconds @ 670,616,629.2 miles per hour

"There isn't that much difference anymore between spacecraft, aircraft and modern automobiles..." - Keith Henry, NASA's Langley Research Center
See a list of my real mods and pictures of my car HERE. The true performance of my car was made possible by the Carolinas Crew Chief, RobertP at Rob's Tire & Auto

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in