Test & Tune Brainerd 10-1-10 - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-02-2010, 06:11 AM Thread Starter
4th Gear Poster

Test & Tune Brainerd 10-1-10

Had a great night! The Mark did not break, and I had no problems manually shifting the car. Car kept getting better each pass. Here's a couple videos

http://www.streetfire.net/video/brai...ar_2067639.htm

http://www.streetfire.net/video/brai...23_2067640.htm

Mike

11.626 @ 121.45 500 RWHP
2012 Atlanta Marks Grudge Match Champ
Favorite Wendy quotes of The Mark: "WHEEEEEEEEEEE" "Rides like a minivan..." "Nice hubcaps"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-02-2010, 07:12 AM
Road warrior extrodinaire

Super Moderator

Garage
Impressive. It's really noticeable how much your front end rises in that video.

Mods? Yea, I got mods ...
Air silencer delete, warp drive, dilithium crystals, flux capacitor, Slingshot Rubber band power adder, Moonshine & Gas, Leaf Blower Supercharger, Hamster Wheel & Hamster, Energizer Bunny generating 1.21 gigawatts, Mr. Fusion® Home Energy Reactor, hover conversion and a sextant celestial navigation system (The original GPS)
Best 1/4: 1,320 nanoseconds @ 670,616,629.2 miles per hour

"There isn't that much difference anymore between spacecraft, aircraft and modern automobiles..." - Keith Henry, NASA's Langley Research Center
See a list of my real mods and pictures of my car HERE. The true performance of my car was made possible by the Carolinas Crew Chief, RobertP at Rob's Tire & Auto
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-02-2010, 09:07 AM Thread Starter
4th Gear Poster

Thanks!

Here are the time slips from last night

Mike

11.626 @ 121.45 500 RWHP
Favorite Wendy quotes of The Mark: "WHEEEEEEEEEEE" "Rides like a minivan..." "Nice hubcaps"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-07-2010, 09:53 AM Thread Starter
4th Gear Poster

Going back to the track tomorrow night or Saturday morning. Not sure yet which track though. Weather looks good both days. I talked to Ryan this morning, and asked him if Aric could load another tune to my xcal for me.

This tune will be the same as the manual shift tune I currently have, but will lock up the torque converter. The one in the xcal now is tc unlocked all the time. I just need to know what the car will do when compared to the unlocked manual shift tune.

I plan to run two classes at SSHS10 - Street Outlaw, and Pro Street 12.0 index, and need to have as many options available to me as possible

More to come...

Mike

11.626 @ 121.45 500 RWHP
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-09-2010, 09:46 AM Thread Starter
4th Gear Poster

Just got back from Aric's with the new manual shift tune. This one will lock the torque converter right after I shift it into 3rd. On my way to Atlanta Dragway now to try it out. I will post some videos when I get home.

Mike

11.626 @ 121.45 500 RWHP
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-09-2010, 09:58 PM Thread Starter
4th Gear Poster

Well, Here it is lol The good, the bad, and the ugly. Just too daggum hot out today for The Mark. Each pass went the wrong way by around three 10ths. I tried to go around an hour between runs, but it showed a outside temp of 90* in the car for the third run, and I am sure tons of timing was being pulled. So, not much learned other than the car does not like it in the heat.

First run was with the manual shift lock tc in 3rd tune, second run was with the manual shift tune unlocked tc, and the third run was with the manual shift lock tc in 3rd tune again.

I stalled the torque converter all three runs around 2000rpm - pushed the car into the second beam as hard on the brakes as I could. The red light on the second pass, I had push the car so hard I deep staged and turned off the first light.

Here is a video, and some pictures complements of Wendy

http://www.streetfire.net/video/atl-...10_2070949.htm

http://picasaweb.google.com/papapeac...16902493208546

Mike

11.626 @ 121.45 500 RWHP

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in