1, 2, 3 Yes! - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-20-2011, 04:46 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Poster

Send a message via AIM to Last Mrk Send a message via Skype™ to Last Mrk
1, 2, 3 Yes!

Good finish. Way too many caution flags.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-20-2011, 06:48 PM
MA Chapter Director

Administrator

Garage
Good to see the Wood Brothers back in the Winners Circle.

I think I know what my new die cast piece is going to be!

Joe

It's not a 97 Sport, it just looks like one!

Mass. TCCoAers, Send me your info!

I buy all my Ford parts from 93 lx.

Member of the TCCoA Damage Control Team.

R.I.P. Johnny Langton 1975 - 2011
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-22-2011, 10:52 AM
Banned

A great start for 2011 for FORDS!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-28-2011, 09:33 AM
Banned

Leave it to Kyle Busch to take out the dominant Ford!!!
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-05-2011, 10:17 AM
Voice/Data Guru

FORD power plant doing good

Mooresville, NC (March 5, 2011) Roush Yates Engines commanded the front two rows in Friday's Kobalt Tools 400 qualifying at Las Vegas Motor Speedway. Ford drivers earned the first four starting positions for Sunday's race after leading practice earlier in the day. Matt Kenseth, Marcos Ambrose, Carl Edwards, and Greg Biffle all took their Fords to the top of the leader board to execute the best qualifying effort in the history of Roush Yates Engines.

"We've had such a great start to the 2011 season," said Doug Yates, CEO and Chief Engine Builder at Roush Yates Engines. "Finishing 1-2-3 at Daytona, putting Carl Edwards on the pole in Phoenix, and the astounding speed we've shown in Vegas make me very proud of all the engineers at Roush Yates and Ford Racing. We've worked really hard in the off season to see gains on the racetrack and I think there are even more great things to come."

Drivers Matt Kenseth and Carl Edwards have noticed the increased horsepower of their Roush Yates engines at each of the first three tracks this season. Kenseth's record breaking pole at Las Vegas is the fifth in his career.

"I have to give Doug Yates and the engine shop a lot of credit because I think we have more power than we ever had last year," said Matt Kenseth, pole sitter for Sunday's Kobalt Tools 400. "This is our first full season with the FR9 and we started running better on it toward the end of last year. In Phoenix our engine ran really well and now here this weekend you see all the Fords up toward the top."

"It is good that the first two rows are Fords," said Carl Edwards. "That is a testament to how hard our guys are working at the shop and Doug Yates and everyone with the FR9 engine they have done an amazing job. We talked about earlier that we wanted to see how we ran in this first 1.5 mile that would be a little bit of a test for the rest of the season. So far it looks really good."

2017 Mustang GT 5.0L 2nd gen, cold air box,tune,6 speed auto,RGR 3.31, Magnaflow Tru X-pipe ,GT350RStrips
Gray Mustang Registry # 8582

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-05-2011, 12:23 PM
MA Chapter Director

Administrator

Garage
The Fords have always been good in Vegas. Hopefully real good tomorrow!

Joe

It's not a 97 Sport, it just looks like one!

Mass. TCCoAers, Send me your info!

I buy all my Ford parts from 93 lx.

Member of the TCCoA Damage Control Team.

R.I.P. Johnny Langton 1975 - 2011
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-06-2011, 05:18 PM
Voice/Data Guru

Ya buddy , Ford win

Mooresville, NC (March 6, 2011) Carl Edwards drove his #99 Scotts EZ Seed Ford Fusion to Victory Lane on Sunday, capturing the second win for Roush Yates' FR9 engine in only three races. Ford cars were the fastest on the track all weekend long. After posting a 1-2-3-4 qualifying effort, Roush Yates Engines and Ford Racing were thrilled to come home with the win.

"This is an exciting win for Roush Yates Engines," said Doug Yates, CEO of Roush Yates Engines in Mooresville, NC. "We ran great all week long. I think this says a lot about our program and how we plan to run at 1.5 mile tracks throughout the 2011 season. I want to thank Ford again for their support as we continue to excel with the FR9 engine."

This is Carl's nineteenth career Sprint Cup Series win and the seventh win of only fourteen races at Las Vegas Motor Speedway for Roush Fenway Racing. Fellow Ford drivers Matt Kenseth, Greg Biffle, and Marcos Ambrose each lead during Sunday's Kobalt Tools 500.

2017 Mustang GT 5.0L 2nd gen, cold air box,tune,6 speed auto,RGR 3.31, Magnaflow Tru X-pipe ,GT350RStrips
Gray Mustang Registry # 8582

Last edited by Boston-Bull; 03-06-2011 at 07:39 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in