DBA Epic FAIL Racing/24hr lemons NJMP - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-10-2011, 09:00 AM Thread Starter
Seasoned PostWhore

DBA Epic FAIL Racing/24hr lemons NJMP

Anyone here? Any details on the car and how you did? Cougar with unknown donor front cover, pistons on the roof, and nearly enough spoilers from the few pictures I have seen of it, with "phuckoff" plates

--
97 Mark VIII LSC/Silver/Gray leather
97 Cougar 4.6 Sport/White Opalescent Tricoat Metallic /Gray leather down but not out?
89 Cougar LS 3.8/Oxford White/Gray velour/HG need replaced AGAIN
00 Grand Marquis LS/Vibrant White/Gray velour
63 Falcon 302/black and rust/shed isn't moving
82 F-150/Oxford White/dumb VV carb doesn't pass emissions
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-10-2011, 01:20 PM
Humble MN12 Genius
Super Moderator

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to XR7-4.6
Sounds like MadMikeyL's car

-Matt
post #3 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-10-2011, 02:18 PM Thread Starter
Seasoned PostWhore

Okay, it does, with a new theme.

IMG_5705 by Ezbok58a, on Flickr

--
97 Cougar 4.6 Sport/White Opalescent Tricoat Metallic /Gray leather down but not out?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-10-2011, 10:34 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Super Moderator

Garage
Send a message via AIM to MadMikeyL
Yeah that was me, just got back. The car was ridiculously fast in the straights, but we haven't spent any money on tires so we couldn't keep up in the corners. Also, because of the combination of those 2 things, our brakes were not up to the task. We were running the twin piston PBRs up front and stock discs in the rear, but on the straight we were taching out 4th gear which translates to 139mph! Then due to our crappy dry-rotted tires, we would have to slow down to about 45-50 for that first turn. We overheated the brakes so bad that it somehow welded the bakolite caliper pistons to the metal pad! After that, we put on new pads in the rear and new rotors, pads, and calipers in the front, and after only an hour on the track, we had already burned away the rubber boots on the calipers, so for today we had to back off and limit ourselves to 120mph on the straights just to keep the brakes alive! If you look at that last pic on the front of the hood we welded the destroyed pads. We have a running theme of adding the destroyed parts onto the car in some fashion, so this year we got a brake pad hood ornament! The pistons are from last year that the capitol offense where we won most heroic fix. What happened there is we spun the #7&8 rod bearings, and nobody had another small block ford motor that they were willing to sell, so we took it all apart, found the problem and that the crank was shot, so we came up with the idea of welding shut the oil holes for those 2 pistons, rebuilding the engine less 2 cylinders, and we ran it as a 6-cylinder, and put the 2 pistons on the roof. Also if you look closely on the antenna in both pics you can see the heater hose that we blew the first year. Our next race is Summit Point in WV in June, and the plan now is to spend some money on a hubswap, 13" cobra brakes, and 17" wheels with some wide sticky tires. Summit point is a slower track than this one (we were only hitting 115 last year) but if we could have kept up through the turns we would have been doing pretty good. As it is, with horrible tires and brakes that weren't up to the task, our best lap time was 1:27 compared to a 1:23 fastest lap time by anyone there, so like I said, if we could have stopped and turned as well, we would have done much better.

As for the details on the car now, it is an 89 cougar XR7 running stock sway bars and SC springs with 1.5 coils cut off all 4 springs. Like I said, we were running the twin piston PBRs but they failed miserably so we'll be going to cobra brakes for the next race. The motor is a 5.0 out of an explorer. The last 2 years we were running carburated, which sucked, so this year with the explorer as a donor, we ran EFI and OBD2. The sheet metal cowl hood was necessary to cover the hole left from the old air filter sticking out the hood, as well as to allow clearance for the explorer intake manifold. We have the quarterhorse for our own cars, so we reprogrammed the ECM to eliminate all the auto trans functions, raised the timing curves, and raised the rev limiter to 6K. The trans is an M5R2, and we're running a 3.27TL rear. The spoilers is another tradition we have where after every race we go around to any cars that people have abandoned and steal a spoiler off it and try to find somewhere on the car to attach it. The front bumper cover is actually off a GT500 mustang, hence the GT499 3/4 on top of the windshield. The story behind that is one of the team members has a friend who had the GT500, and someone backed into the car and put a 1" long gouge in the bumper, and he insisted it get replaced instead of repaired, so my friend grabbed the old bumper, put that sticker over top of the gouged spot, then took a ton of zip ties, and attached it to the front of our car, since our original bumper had gotten ripped off in the first race. If you look in the first pic, that chin spoiler thing is actually the top of the stock cougar bumper cut right above the body molding, then zip tied to the GT500 bumper. We had it on this year too when the race started, but one of the guys lost it and went into the dirt then hit a guard rail (see damage on left fender) and it got ripped off. We did get it back at the end of the race though, so we'll zip tie it on again for June.

-91 Cougar LS, coming soon, complete overhaul with a 427" Windsor.
-90 XR7 5-speed black on black w/sunroof, MP2, coated rotors, double intercooler, 15%OD, ported heads, comp stage 1 cam, 85mm TB, 90MM LMAF, 80# injectors, and ported big valve heads
-98 Mark VIII LSC, Procharger P600b, TR3650 swap and 3.73s.
-90 SC Automatic rustbucket winter beater
-97 Tbird Sport 4.6 Nice weather daily driver
-"Your buddy Mike is INSANE!" -ClintD's dad
post #5 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-10-2011, 11:06 PM
6th Gear Poster

Any more info on the event at summit point? I would like to come up and check it out.
post #6 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-10-2011, 11:12 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Super Moderator

Garage
It is June 18/19. Here is the page with more details.

http://www.24hoursoflemons.com/capitol2011.aspx

-90 XR7 5-speed black on black w/sunroof, MP2, coated rotors, double intercooler, 15%OD, ported heads, comp stage 1 cam, 85mm TB, 90MM LMAF, 80# injectors, and ported big valve heads
post #7 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-11-2011, 11:00 AM
MAMN12 Posse Member

Heck yeah, I might have to run out for that. I'm 10 minutes from Summit Point. They also do a Lemons race at Hyperfest in July.

~Jeff

*signed off
post #8 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-11-2011, 07:18 PM
PostWhore

Send a message via Yahoo to 94 Thunderbird XX
That sounds like you had a BLAST!!! Wish I could get in on something like that.

And.......I don't wanna say it too loudly, but the GT500 front almost looks like it could belong there. With a little more work.

Delete my account.
post #9 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-11-2011, 07:53 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Super Moderator

Garage
Trust me, in person the GT500 bumper does not even remotely come close to fitting. It only looks OK because the front end is messed up and there are no headlights in the car.

It was definitely a good time though. If you want to get in on it, get a few friends to go in on it and put together a car. We only did one race per year the first 2 years, and this year we are doing 2. It isn't exactly cheap to do, but it isn't so expensive that a few regular guys can't do it either. Plus building the car is definitely a learning experience, and it gives you something to look forward to all year.

post #10 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-12-2011, 03:39 PM Thread Starter
Seasoned PostWhore

Sounds like a good time. I can only live it through your experiences and others, but sounds like a blast!

FN10 vs MN12!

quite a few pictures here (from someone that was part of the team with the Mark VIII, the Galaxie, and the Lancia) http://ronman.org/pics/lemons/nj11/

--
post #11 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-12-2011, 07:03 PM
3rd Gear Poster

I imagine the Mark VIII would be a beast in that competition as long as you can stop and turn it.
post #12 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-12-2011, 08:11 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

front sway bar

Hi

I know a guy with a 1.10 front sway bar.

I feel your pain about the front brakes

Paul [email protected]
1990 Thunderbird Circle Track Street Stock
351W 2bbl.
C-4 Auto
3.90 open rear
post #13 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-12-2011, 08:29 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Super Moderator

Garage
Sway bars aren't the issue. The car was an XR7, so it has the largest factory sway bars. The MarkVIII did pretty good, but once the straights came up I was just walking away from him hard. The guy who owns the Mark said to me later that day that if my car had good brakes and tires it would be a menace, and he would try to stay out of my way!

Looks like you really need to upgrade your brakes too. I'm surprised you are still running the stock single piston calipers. We went to the twin piston PBRs right away, but clearly that wasn't enough. Now the only decision I have to make is whether to go with the twin piston 13in brakes, or to jump right to the brembo 4 piston calipers at $1000/set.

post #14 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-12-2011, 09:31 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMikeyL View Post
Sway bars aren't the issue. The car was an XR7, so it has the largest factory sway bars. The MarkVIII did pretty good, but once the straights came up I was just walking away from him hard. The guy who owns the Mark said to me later that day that if my car had good brakes and tires it would be a menace, and he would try to stay out of my way!

Looks like you really need to upgrade your brakes too. I'm surprised you are still running the stock single piston calipers. We went to the twin piston PBRs right away, but clearly that wasn't enough. Now the only decision I have to make is whether to go with the twin piston 13in brakes, or to jump right to the brembo 4 piston calipers at $1000/set.
Hi

Well I need to keep All stock & under 15" steel wheels.
Also we only run up to 50 hard laps.

I have pbr's but not installed yet.
Had a tough last season.

Paul [email protected]
1990 Thunderbird Circle Track Street Stock
351W 2bbl.
C-4 Auto
3.90 open rear
post #15 of 53 (permalink) Old 06-20-2011, 04:45 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Super Moderator

Garage
Well we just got back last night from the Capitol Offense race at Summit Point WV, so I figure I'll update everyone on the car. Upgrades since the NJ race were cobra brakes at all 4 wheels, some 17x9s with some 275/40/17 Sumitomo HTRZ-2s, as well as some suspension bracing. The car handled well, but we definitely need a stickier tire, so we will be going with either the Falken Azenis or the Dunlop Direzza Star Spec for the next race, since those seem to be the 2 stickiest tires we can legally run. As the car was though, I ran a best lap time of 1:58, which is 11 seconds faster than last year when it had the carbed engine, 16" tires, GT PBRs, and no suspension bracing other than the cage. This year's best time was actually faster than last year's race winner, so the car is definitely getting closer to being competitive. For the first time since we put it together, I was passing BMW E30s in the corners! If we could just keep the car together and on the track for the entire event, we might stand a chance of winning. Even with the 13" brakes and a slower course, we were still burning up pads, so we will need to run a good race pad next time. Again for that I went around to other teams to find out what they were running, and I have a few to look up and make a decision.

Now on to the epic failures. The first one of the race I did, and I'm actually kind of proud of it. With about 2 hours left on the first day, I boiled the gear oil out of the rear diff! Let me say that again: the gear oil inside the rear diff was boiling, melting the axle seals and causing it to boil over and out where the axle seals used to be! Because of everything being so hot it took us about an hour to get the diff out of the car and on the ground, and when we opened it up, the gear oil was still boiling inside the housing! From the research we did, the flash point of gear oil is 450F, so that thing was cooked well above the 160F it is supposed to be running at. Surprisingly the gears weren't that bad once I got it apart, so back together it went with fresh fluid and new axle seals, since they had been melted out by the heat, and it made it the rest of the race. Epic failure number 2 came about 15 minutes before the end of the race when the last guy to drive lost it coming out of the carousel, did a 360, then went head first into the wall at probably 40-50mph. So alas the GT500 front bumper is no more. We actually went on track to get it after the race was over, and it was in about 5 pieces, so we'll have to see what ends up coming together for the front end. More important than that though, the left frame rail is pushed back against the rad support, and the electric cooling fan is now hitting the water pump, so that means the rad support got pushed back probably an inch, so some measuring and pulling is in order. Luckily the guy who crashed the car works at a body shop, so I can press him into service to fix the car. Now I just need to find a parts car to steal a front 3/4 nose and a rear diff out of.

We have some good in car video, as well as video of the diff, so once I get my teammates to upload them, I'll post the links here.

post #16 of 53 (permalink) Old 06-20-2011, 07:13 PM
Resident drifter

can you use the azenis rt 615k or the azenis pt722? We use the 615k on our race cars as well as on my personal car and it is a spectacular tire. I have some pt722s but haven't had the chance to try them yet.

-steve
post #17 of 53 (permalink) Old 06-20-2011, 08:15 PM
PostWhore

Send a message via Yahoo to 94 Thunderbird XX
What's going to be your solution to prevent the dang-thats-hot diff oil?

Is there a way to plumb in some kind of cooler and circulate the fluid? I've seen at least one aftermarket diff cover with fittings for that purpose.....

Delete my account.
post #18 of 53 (permalink) Old 06-20-2011, 08:28 PM
Humble MN12 Genius
Super Moderator

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to XR7-4.6
The stock cover can be modified to accept fittings as well, it's very common on open tracked IRS cobras

-Matt
post #19 of 53 (permalink) Old 06-20-2011, 08:56 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Super Moderator

Garage
Slidebird, I'm not sure as I haven't looked too far into it, but basically the rule for tires is it must be a DOT approved tire with a treadwear of 190 or higher. Anything that falls into that category is fair game.

As far as cooling the diff goes, we tossed around a few ideas but haven't come up with anything solid yet. One thought was mounting a reservoir with a submerged oil pump, and then using an AC condenser as an oil cooler, and tapping into the cover for feed and return lines. The downside to that is we haven't found an affordable oil pump that will push 90W gear oil and hold up to the heat. That also involves lot of experimentation to see exactly how much oil we need to run to keep the diff well oiled, but not overfilled, and not starve the pump either, so while that would probably work the best, it is also the most complicated. We are also debating whether it would be better or worse to go to an aluminum housing. On the plus side it would dissipate heat faster, and we could probably fab up some kind of heat sink and try to duct some cool air over the diff, but then the aluminum housing might deform if it does overheat, and that could cause other issues.

Matt, if you have any reccomendations or links for a pump that would hold up to the heat and be able to pump something as thick as gear oil, let me know.

post #20 of 53 (permalink) Old 06-21-2011, 11:59 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

Super Moderator

Garage
Still waiting on the in car video to be split up and posted, but here is the diff once we got it out of the car.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsmnlHbY41k

post #21 of 53 (permalink) Old 06-21-2011, 12:11 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

I thought lemons cars had a $500 limit?
Are you running stock manifolds with the p heads?

Will

The Texas Green Bird (An undeveloped work of art.)
92 Thunderbird Sport 5.0: Sold

91 gt, 5.0 73mm turbo, 5spd, 373s, and much more
post #22 of 53 (permalink) Old 06-21-2011, 01:08 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Garage
Quote:
Slidebird, I'm not sure as I haven't looked too far into it, but basically the rule for tires is it must be a DOT approved tire with a treadwear of 190 or higher. Anything that falls into that category is fair game.

As far as cooling the diff goes, we tossed around a few ideas but haven't come up with anything solid yet. One thought was mounting a reservoir with a submerged oil pump, and then using an AC condenser as an oil cooler, and tapping into the cover for feed and return lines. The downside to that is we haven't found an affordable oil pump that will push 90W gear oil and hold up to the heat. That also involves lot of experimentation to see exactly how much oil we need to run to keep the diff well oiled, but not overfilled, and not starve the pump either, so while that would probably work the best, it is also the most complicated. We are also debating whether it would be better or worse to go to an aluminum housing. On the plus side it would dissipate heat faster, and we could probably fab up some kind of heat sink and try to duct some cool air over the diff, but then the aluminum housing might deform if it does overheat, and that could cause other issues.

Matt, if you have any reccomendations or links for a pump that would hold up to the heat and be able to pump something as thick as gear oil, let me know.
Q: Do you think a diff cover with radiator fins would help -- or better yet, make one with some old PC heat sinks -- that'd be very lemonsy.

My TCCOA iTrader Rating: (44 / 100% w/ 50+ transactions)

24 Hours of Lemons 2017 Sear Pointless Organizer's Choice
2018 Upgrade: does your TBIRD make Fritos? Mine does
http://goo.gl/csaet4
post #23 of 53 (permalink) Old 06-21-2011, 01:10 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadrunnner View Post
I thought lemons cars had a $500 limit?
Are you running stock manifolds with the p heads?
Lemons has a $500 limit for non-safety items. however, after each race, the judges give you a residual value. If your car is declared as being worth $100 after your first race, you now have $400 to fix/modify your car further.
Plus, there's the stuff you can hide
-g

post #24 of 53 (permalink) Old 06-22-2011, 07:19 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

Super Moderator

Garage
Yes there is a $500 limit, but like S4gunn said, safety items don't count towards that limit, and brakes, wheels, and tires are all considered safety so I can upgrade those without penalty. As far as the engine goes, it is out of a 97 explorer, so it still has the original GT40s, and I am running stock mustang shorty headers with the steering shaft mod. The spare engine we have has the P heads, and what I did for that is cut the flange off the explorer headers and reamed it out and used that as a spacer to space the header out 3/8", and that was enough to clear the spark plug wires. It's actually kind of funny because everyone at both races was asking how much HP the car had, and nobody believed us that we literally pulled an engine out of an explorer, changed the oil pan, and dropped it in the car.

Gunn, I think a heat sink would probably work. We never had a problem before this, but when we had our diff out on the ground Judge Phil said that there was also a MarkVIII down in texas who had the same problem, and they fixed it with a rigged up heat sink and a squirrel cage fan blowing air over the diff. What was really annoying is we had a spare diff but we decided not to bring it because there was no way we would kill that on a road course. Now we know, so from now on we will be bringing a spare diff, as well as the spare engine, trans and rad.

Last edited by MadMikeyL; 06-22-2011 at 07:28 AM.
post #25 of 53 (permalink) Old 07-23-2011, 01:46 PM
No, Mr. Lemmywinks, No!!!

Garage
Quote:
As far as cooling the diff goes, we tossed around a few ideas but haven't come up with anything solid yet. One thought was mounting a reservoir with a submerged oil pump, and then using an AC condenser as an oil cooler, and tapping into the cover for feed and return lines...

...We are also debating whether it would be better or worse to go to an aluminum housing. On the plus side it would dissipate heat faster, and we could probably fab up some kind of heat sink and try to duct some cool air over the diff, but then the aluminum housing might deform if it does overheat, and that could cause other issues.
Aluminum is easy to weld to...

Pumping thick oil is hard. And you'll need a cooler with larger passages than an AC coil. Do-able, tho.

Pumping water is easier; Why not add coolant lines to the outside of the housing, or bolt copper slabs to it to conduct heat to coolant lines. Then pump it thru a cooler somewhere.

Water will cool the housing, which will cool the oil.

Also, if you lose the water, as opposed to the oil, you only bake the diff; not run it dry.

Hope you find a good way; I love the car!

Red '96 Cougar XR-7 240k mi. '02 4R70W, PST DS : '03 PI engine, 04 maf, 24lb injectors, 2.5" exhaust, '02 4r70w + Jmod, DirtyD0g TC + cooler + 3/8" lines, 255 walbro fp. Alpine system.
Black '96 Cougar XR-7 (Lazarus) 210k mi PI Intake, '02 4R70W, Jmod, PST DS, GrogTune, Konis, Mark LCA+Poly, racecougar Custom Engine Chain, and JL and racecougar Bracing.
Black '97 Tbird Limited Edition, '02 4R70W, 255 walbro, PST DS, PBR Brakes&SS lines, Toicko Blues & Springs, GrogTune.

"War Is Peace. Freedom Is Slavery. Ignorance Is Strength." - George Orwell.
Truth Isn't Truth. - Rudy Giuliani, 2018 Award winner, “Most Outrageous Diversion” by MSNBC for this quote
post #26 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-17-2012, 05:31 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Super Moderator

Garage
Well we ran the car this weekend at NJMP again. With good tires on the car for the first time, the car's handling was incredible. There was literally nobody that I couldn't pass either in a turn or on the straights. The diff cooler we built using a power steering pump we had laying around the shop, driven off the driveshaft, and pumping the gear oil through an A/C condenser mounted in the trunk. The first day it blew the belt off because under hard acceleration the diff mount bushings would flex and loosen the belt, so for the second day we made some solid mounts using some rollbar tubing and big washers, and then it worked flawlessly, so that problem is solved. We still can't keep brakes on the car. We were running hawk racing blues in the front on the 13" Cobra brakes, and those were down to the metal by the end of the second day, so we need to go with something a little harder for the next race. Also the rears we need to upgrade because now that the fronts were holding up better, we melted 3 sets of rear pads off the car, so any reccomendations on durable pads would be appreciated. Also we had some electrical problems so we are going to go through the whole wiring harness to eliminate any potential problems, and the $680 set of nitto's that I put on the car are completely done after one race, so I have to get another set of those, and then we'll run it again in June at Summit Point. Hopefully soon there won't be anything left to break on the car and maybe we could actually do well if we can keep the car on the track.

post #27 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-17-2012, 06:05 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Garage
Quote:
Well we ran the car this weekend at NJMP again. With good tires on the car for the first time, the car's handling was incredible. There was literally nobody that I couldn't pass either in a turn or on the straights. The diff cooler we built using a power steering pump we had laying around the shop, driven off the driveshaft, and pumping the gear oil through an A/C condenser mounted in the trunk. The first day it blew the belt off because under hard acceleration the diff mount bushings would flex and loosen the belt, so for the second day we made some solid mounts using some rollbar tubing and big washers, and then it worked flawlessly, so that problem is solved. We still can't keep brakes on the car. We were running hawk racing blues in the front on the 13" Cobra brakes, and those were down to the metal by the end of the second day, so we need to go with something a little harder for the next race. Also the rears we need to upgrade because now that the fronts were holding up better, we melted 3 sets of rear pads off the car, so any reccomendations on durable pads would be appreciated. Also we had some electrical problems so we are going to go through the whole wiring harness to eliminate any potential problems, and the $680 set of nitto's that I put on the car are completely done after one race, so I have to get another set of those, and then we'll run it again in June at Summit Point. Hopefully soon there won't be anything left to break on the car and maybe we could actually do well if we can keep the car on the track.
Q: Did you solve the gas starvation issues under low fuel with the pickup?

Q: Wait. You rigged up a driveshaft to power steering pump pump belt system?
That's CRAZY brilliant. I'd love to see a pic of it.

Brakes
Q: I know your avg speed is significantly higher than our V6 but do you know your vehicles race weight? Fully race ready inc. full tank, W/O driver, we are at 3000LBs according to a corner scale set I borrowed from another team. Do you know where you guys are right now?

Pads haven't been a problem for us (so far). I've heard good things about the Carbotech RP2 ($200) and Raybestos ST43s ($250). I've heard mixed feedback about the Porterfield R4es ($175 after NASA member discount) we run but they've held up quite well for 2 races so far. Our rear Wagner severe duty fleet pads are at 75% ($35) so while they might be good pads, I doubt we are beating them up nearly as much as you do by a long shot.

You might want to suck it up and get the Carbotechs. I hear they give lemons discounts but I don't know for sure).

-g

Last edited by S4gunn; 04-18-2012 at 10:56 AM.
post #28 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-17-2012, 08:10 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Super Moderator

Garage
No, we did not solve the file starvation. I pulled the sending unit to try to build a container for the pickup to sit in, but I couldn't figure out a way to mount it without interfering wit the fuel level sending unit, and when I pulled it out I found the fuel pump sock was missing, and I remembered you saying you only had a problem under 1/4 tank, so I thought maybe that was the problem, but it didn't help. The next thing we are going to try to solve that is we are going to tap the tank and put a pickup on the left side of the tank feeding an external pump, and the T into the fuel line so we will have 2 pumps running, each picking up from opposite sides of the tank.

Yes we have the driveshaft driving a power steering pump. The diff flange has 8 bolt holes but the driveshaft only uses 4 of them, so the other 4 now have a water pump pulley bolted to it to drive the belt. My buddy Clint has a video of it running so I'll have him post it up here for you.

I might try the carbotechs for the fronts. I was looking at the Hawk HT10, since that seems to be the next step up from the blues. The rears I was looking for something meant for racing and all I could find was EBCs, but I have no experience with them so I don't know if they are any good.

No I haven't weighed the car, but my guess would be it probably weighs around 3100 because there is a lot of weight taken out of the car.

post #29 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-18-2012, 09:26 AM
MAMN12 Posse Member

The event at Summit Point in June, would that be Hyperfest? If so, I'll have to try to make it out sometime.

~Jeff

*signed off
post #30 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-18-2012, 09:55 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

Super Moderator

Garage
It is at the same time as hyperfest, but on the other track.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in