I have put my lemons tbird on the scale.
- Full tank/fluids (ready to race)
- Racing seat, no driver
- Full lemons legal cage (~200 LB)
- limited dash (1/2 of it), no A/C
- Fiberglass sheet for trunk lid, no lights
- V6 engine
- skinned, cut down to remove window frame on doors
- skinned hood, spare tire well removed
- All excess wires stripped out of their harnesses
- Interior panels cut out whenver possible (including the package tray).
- No glass except front windshield
- All tar scraped out
Pic here of the sales:
Short of replacing the fenders/vehicle skin with fiberglass (not sure if that would be lemons legal and definitely not a good idea), removing the front windshield in some fancy plastic (also a bad idea), replacing wheels with lighter weight wheels, and maybe cutting off the roof and replacing it with a short panel over the driver to skirt by the arm restraint rules, I'm not sure how much more weight you could pull out of this chassis.
Compared to others, this car is a pig. It's my pig though (b/c I got it for cheap and it's proven to be safe) so I do my best with the lipstick