Zmax going 6-wide! (Eventually, some day, may be ... ???) - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-06-2018, 07:23 PM Thread Starter
Road warrior extrodinaire

Super Moderator

Garage
Zmax going 6-wide! (Eventually, some day, may be ... ???)

This article caught my eye today when I was looking for the current track schedule to see if they're running any T&T sessions this summer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBC SPORTS
Whoa! zMAX Dragway announces it will expand to a six-wide drag strip!
Apr 1, 2018, 3:40 PM EDT

Alright! zMAX Dragway gave drag racing fans one heck of an Easter present Sunday afternoon.

Proprietor Greg Walter, the track’s executive vice president, had some incredible news when he took to social media.

Revealed: the track, which pioneered four-wide racing, is taking things up two notches further. In an even greater first for the sport, the track that sits across the street from Charlotte Motor Speedway, is expanding its racing surface to become the first track in the world to ever host a six-wide race.
... Read More

Mods? Yea, I got mods ...
Air silencer delete, warp drive, dilithium crystals, flux capacitor, Slingshot Rubber band power adder, Moonshine & Gas, Leaf Blower Supercharger, Hamster Wheel & Hamster, Energizer Bunny generating 1.21 gigawatts, Mr. Fusion® Home Energy Reactor, hover conversion and a sextant celestial navigation system (The original GPS)
Best 1/4: 1,320 nanoseconds @ 670,616,629.2 miles per hour

"There isn't that much difference anymore between spacecraft, aircraft and modern automobiles..." - Keith Henry, NASA's Langley Research Center
See a list of my real mods and pictures of my car HERE. The true performance of my car was made possible by the Carolinas Crew Chief, RobertP at Rob's Tire & Auto

Last edited by Trunk Monkey; 06-06-2018 at 07:51 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-06-2018, 08:39 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to FunktasticLucky
Perhaps I might have to swing by and go have some fun.

2018 Lincoln MKZ Black Label 3.0T AWD
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-06-2018, 08:56 PM Thread Starter

Super Moderator

Garage
Absolutely. If you're back home in NC sometime this summer let me know.

Air silencer delete, warp drive, dilithium crystals, flux capacitor, Slingshot Rubber band power adder, Moonshine & Gas, Leaf Blower Supercharger, Hamster Wheel & Hamster, Energizer Bunny generating 1.21 gigawatts, Mr. Fusion® Home Energy Reactor, hover conversion and a sextant celestial navigation system (The original GPS)

"There isn't that much difference anymore between spacecraft, aircraft and modern automobiles..." - Keith Henry, NASA's Langley Research Center
See a list of my real mods and pictures of my car HERE. The true performance of my car was made possible by the Carolinas Crew Chief, RobertP at Rob's Tire & Auto
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-06-2018, 09:29 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

I will actually be heading that way in September. My brother and I are going to Disney World. Kinda sad too. I saw that Outlaw drags are over in August. Shame cuz my car should be broke in by then and I was going to Tune her and see what she could do on the track.

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-07-2018, 09:18 AM Thread Starter

Super Moderator

Garage
There's always Rockingham and Fayetteville. If you're home for Thanksgiving ... never-mind ... I see you've put her up for sale. I hate to see you let her go but I understand. Life goes on.

Unless, you're talking about a different car?

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-07-2018, 10:16 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

Haha. I'm selling the bird to make room in the garage for the new baby. I purchased a 18 lincoln MKZ. 3.0L Twin turbo with AWD system from a focus RS. Intercooler and tune are already sitting in my house just waiting to get installed. Waiting for the car to be delivered for the intercooler to go on and then when I get 3500 miles on the tune will go on.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in