TCCoA Forums banner

Are DEUTSCH products cheap?

612 views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  chocolatekoolade 
#1 ·
I want your guys opinion. I was looking today at Autozone.com and their DEUTSCH brand fuel filters were 13$ while the "O.E." type fuel filter by a competitor was 29$. What is up with the difference? Is DEUTSCH just that cheap?

#3 ·
I worked on the filter hotline you see the back of the box fo about a year.

Deutch and STP are actually two of the better filters out thre. They have the same design as every other filter out there, but they have a slightly better micron rating. THe only reason they are cheaper is to be competitive.

#5 ·
yeah, champion does make all those filters, but they aren't the same. Bosch filters are a lot better then the STP, but they are more expensive. Champ makes tons of different kinds of filters, including K&N, Mobil 1, supertech, valvoline, and a hundred others, that doesn't mean they are the same.

Don't be afraid to run the STP and Duetch filter, they are in the top ten percent of the filters for quality, they are what i run.

#6 ·
My mom's mercedes uses a $10 bosch oil filter and a $2.99 STP filter, they are physicly identical even down to the manufacturing print on the case. We cut them open with a hack saw and sure enough, Identical.

#8 ·
Yes and the supertechs at wally world made by champion are identical construction to the champion filters, the filter element is just not as high micron. They are great filters for the money for a little car as long as you change it every 3000 miles.

I would trust a supertech over a fram POS

#9 ·
your half right billabong.....

champion does make all of those types of filters, but the bosch is not the identical to the STP. The Bosch has a 15 micron filter rating compared to the STP's 20 micron. The Supertech is identical to the STP except for the label on the shell.

And just for future reference, the Mobil 1 filter has a 10 micron rating, and almost all of the other filters we make are rated at 25 microns. So that means that the cheap STP and Supertech filters are rated better then about 90% of the filters out there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.