post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-10-2008, 11:20 AM Thread Starter
PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to BlackbirdSport
TCM Gathering, August 30-31 2008

Greetings all of MN12’dom! I give you:

The First Annual
TCM Gathering at the Ford Expo
Hosted by CINTCC

Why hosted by CINTCC? Because we need a club representation to get the discount, and CINTCC is the only/nearest operating MN12 club in Ohio.

In the interest of gathering a few dozen MN12s together and putting them in the middle of a huge Ford show for all to see, we bring you the TCM (thunderbird, Cougar, Mark 8) Gathering, being held at the 30th Annual Ford Expo & NMRA Nationals in Columbus Ohio.

When?
August 30th and 31st (despite what the title says, it won't let me edit that)

Entry cut-off?
July 27.
I have allot to do once I have all the entries.

Where?
National Trail Raceway
Columbus Ohio

What?
Car Show
Drag Racing
Swap Meet
After Hours activities

How much?
$40 per car, due by August 16

What does $40 get you?
-Saturday and Sunday entry
-Entry of your car to the car-show area of the event.
-Reserved parking with our group
-Admission to Drag Race spectator areas, Swap Meet, and Manufacturers Midway.
-NMRA Goody Bag with Event Dash Plaque.
-Entry into People’s Choice Car show with the group (also covers awards)
-Display board for your car
-Possible media coverage
-Discounted guest

Note: I was not able to negotiate any discount for racers; the fees cover the cash prizes. If you wish to race your car, you will need to register separately for the event through the NMRA website, and park in the paddock area. Racers are encouraged to park together in the Paddock. Contact me when you register to get in on as many TCM8 activities as you can, AND so we know how many racers there will be (one person can arrive early and block off paddock space for all the cars, like seats at a movie theater). Parking with the group in the car show area is possible, but they want you to pay both fees. Egh!

Specifics:
-Our club entry entitles us to a reserved number of spaces in the Car Show area next to the staging lanes. YOU MUST PRE-REGISTER or you will likely not get the chance to park with us. Those who pay at the gate will have to park wherever there is room, and will not have access to all of the TCM extra goodies that the pre-registration fee covers. You will be entered into the car show, and will be given the NMRA swag bag, still better than parking in the parking lot!

-Drag Racing. The NMRA has many classes; one is bound to fit your car and your ability (free braket racing coaching). The racing within the NMRA is also bloody fast, and everyone is encouraged to go watch the big turbo cars suck in small aircraft as they run 7’s.

-Swap meet: You know what a swap meet is! It’s a bunch of guys with piles of parts for sale. They ask for twice as much as they’ll take, so haggle.

-Peoples Choice awards: This is a vote of our cars conducted by us. Each registrant will be given a ballot, and we’ll vote on some of our own classes:
*Best of Show
*Best SC
*Best V8 car (SC’s with V8’s live here)
*Best non-SC V6 or other (motorswap cars live here)
*Most distance traveled (no real vote here, just bring a map in case we don’t know where Sheepshag British Columbia is).

-Photography: I’m still trying to make arrangements for this, and will update as necessary. Some one will be doing something.

-Possible media coverage: All NMRA events are featured on The Outdoor Channels “Inside Drag Racing”, and are covered by the following magazines: Mustang and Fords, Mustang Monthly, 5.0 Mustang, and Muscle Mustangs. Don’t let the M word throw you, these magazines feature many cars without little horses on them. Mustang & Fords and Mustang Monthly are the presenting sponsors of the NMRA car show and will be at every event to cover the car show for their editorial. Lets get noticed!

-Dinner on Saturday night: Don’t know where yet, but I’d like everyone to descend upon some poor dining establishment like wolves upon lambs. First on the list is Dave & Busters, good food and a wicked arcade. I need you pre-registered and I need to know who you’re bringing with you so I can make the reservation.

-Display Board: Some higher end car shows do this. This will be a small display piece to put on or near your car. When you register your car, you will submit requested information about your car, this info will populate the board. Yours to keep after the event!

-After hours: Columbus is a great driving town, and provided we can still afford gas, we will be taking a drive. When the NMRA hits town, Friday and Saturday night can be noisy. Some lots see so many morons doing burnouts that it changes the weather, what fun! We’ll scoot around town and find some of the hotter spots, as well as take some photo’s along the way.

-Discounted guest: Get $5 off entry into the event if you ride with a Pre-Registered show entrant. That's $30 for 2 days, $15 for one day. Due with registration payment.

-Hotels: Something I’ve noticed over the years: There is no such thing as discounted rooms. It never fails that the “discounted price” that the hotel gives a group is identical to the price of a room if you just show up by yourself. I have not known any incidents where this was not the case. (Call them and ask about group discount, then call an hour later and ask for a single room on the same night. Same price) I will keep looking for options, but as of now, you’re better off on your own. Feel free to PM me and ask where in town is best.

__________________________________________________ ___________
Registration info. Send the following information to [email protected]

Full name:
Home town:
Number of guests:

Year:
Make:
Model:

Modification list:

What makes your car special?
Modification lists can get long. In order to fit everything on the display board, this info may be altered (abbreviated or otherwise shortened). Keep that in mind when you fill this out, and be sure to make it as short as you can.
“What makes your car special” is a chance to pat your own back. Tell the world how rare your 89 5spd XR7 is, how fast it is with "the Bell", or how you bought it with a dead guy in the trunk. Feel free to make it funny, but keep in mind this must be suitable for public consumption.

I have not worked out how to accept payment yet. I’m trying to come up with a way that hassle free for me (no separate accounts, no taxes), yet also inspires trust from you guys. I also want to hold out to make sure we get enough entrants to make this happen, saves the trouble of sending refunds.

I haven’t listed anything that I can’t commit to. So things may be added, but nothing should be subtracted. I’m doing my best to make this event as professional, organized, and fun as possible, but I can’t do it without you and your cars!

"Keep making it thinner until it breaks, then go one size bigger."
My Cougar XR7

Last edited by BlackbirdSport; 06-17-2008 at 03:30 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-13-2008, 09:02 AM Thread Starter
PostWhore

C'mon people, almost 60 hits and no ones interested? The SCCoA is beginning to respond, we don't it it to just be SC's at this event, do we?

I'm hashing things out with the Photographer. At $40 we may have trouble getting him what he needs just to cover expenses, we may need to bump the price a wee-bit. Right now I'm haggling with him to see I can "lure" him to the event, citing that he'd not just be getting a fee from us, but it would be a great venue/event to promote is buisness. To get what we want at a low price, we may have to share him. lol
He's worth pretty much whatever he charges, really, he's done good work for me and a few race teams that I associate with. The type of guy that's willing to take allot of pictures to get just the right one.

Haggling with the NMRA is done, we've got a discount for the show. I'm debating whether or not I should keep pushing for a lower price. We are essentially new, I don't want to burn a bridge. Once we get one of these shows under our belts, we'll have more leverage next year, especially if we get a ton pf participation.
I'm hoping that by monday I'll be able to post final details and begin accepting registrations. Tell your freinds!

My Cougar XR7

Last edited by BlackbirdSport; 06-13-2008 at 09:20 AM.
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-13-2008, 12:31 PM
Johnny Bling Bling

Send a message via AIM to 93 lx
fuel prices are putting a damper on a lot of peoples plans. i'd consider it if premium fuel was a lot cheaper......oh, and if my family didn't already plan a trip to nh(not nearly as far!) that weekend.

2003 Ford Expedition: 5.4L, harley supercharger, 2.93 upper pulley, 4lb lower pulley, c&l plenum, jlp cai, LFP SBTB, FTSP, Magnaflow 3" catback, Eclipse AVN-5510, white face gauges, cobalt c2 boost gauge, ddm hid's, 379 rwhp, 465 rwtq sold 11/3/12

2009 Ford Flex Limited AWD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-13-2008, 02:51 PM Thread Starter
PostWhore

C'mon, put the trip to the Whites off 'till winter, it's better then.

My Cougar XR7
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-15-2008, 07:38 AM

Any more info. on this meet yet; hotel, admission cost. If this gets nailed down let me know I have a 91 Cougar Elite I can bring also if it will help lower the cost I am not a professional photographer but I am good at taking car pics. and have a 8.1 digital slr camera and instant print portable printer and can offer my services free just pay for ink and paper about .30 per print, no charge for unprinted. I will put pics. on disk and give to organizer to post on site.

Please let me know asap so I can set my schedule. Any questions just pm me here or E-Mail me [email protected]
Hope to see a bunch of mn12's there..................Jeff
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-16-2008, 01:00 PM Thread Starter
PostWhore

Photography from within the group is definately welcome! I'm running into a scheduling conflict with mine, it may be tough to pull him away from a potentially more lucrative event.

Almost done, waiting on answers from a few people. I don't want to post anything unless I'm sure Ican commit to it.

My Cougar XR7
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-16-2008, 03:03 PM
PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to loudpipessavelives
Sounds like a blast....I will check my schedule

93 Bird/ Trick Flow 5.0-- awaiting some fresh paint
99 Marquis on 20's (daily)
01 Mustang Cobra with bolt on's-- 22k miles, might be for sale soon

http://www.cardomain.com/id/CDogg93
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-16-2008, 04:27 PM

Great let me know when everything is final.
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-17-2008, 07:36 AM Thread Starter
PostWhore

TTT updated first post.

My Cougar XR7
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-17-2008, 09:26 AM

I see there is a discount for guests but I don't see a guest price, do you know whwt it will be?
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-17-2008, 09:30 AM Thread Starter
PostWhore

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougardoc View Post
I see there is a discount for guests but I don't see a guest price, do you know whwt it will be?
Just added:
Quote:
-Discounted guest: Get $5 off entry into the event if you ride with a Pre-Registered show entrant.
The NMRA just got me that info today.

My Cougar XR7
post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-17-2008, 09:42 AM

I may be missing it but I don't see a price per guest just the amount of the discount.
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-17-2008, 09:53 AM Thread Starter
PostWhore

Whoops, sorry, I corrected it. For some reason I assumed that people read the ticket pricing on the NMRA site... that I forgot to link. lol
$30/weekend, or $15/day

My Cougar XR7
post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-25-2008, 05:01 PM
6th Gear Poster

Wish my next born was not due that date, or I'd be there. Come on people get there. Black Bird sounds like he's put a nice event together. Show the world what the MN12's are about.
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-25-2008, 05:47 PM
4th Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to dirtybird489
My car isn't going to be ready by then

-Amanda-

Current ride: 1992 Ford Thunderbird 5.0
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-30-2008, 10:12 PM
PostWhore

Post this on the CinTCC forums. cintcc.com

I'm Mister_T and I approve this message.
post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-30-2008, 10:21 PM Thread Starter
PostWhore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister_T View Post
Post this on the CinTCC forums. cintcc.com
Like this?
http://cintcc.proboards46.com/index....lay&thread=175

My Cougar XR7
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-02-2008, 08:48 AM

What if my car looks pretty bad? I just bougth it, and I do not know if I can get it ready.
post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-27-2008, 09:49 PM Thread Starter
PostWhore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackbirdSport View Post
Entry cut-off?
July 27.
I have allot to do once I have all the entries.
The entry cut off was yesterday. The grand total of entrants.... ONE! Thanks guys, I guess I have that weekend off. The event is effectively canceled. Obviously, you can show up at the gate and enter your car, but none of the pre-reg MN-12 related goodies are available.

My Cougar XR7
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-27-2008, 10:25 PM
Road warrior extrodinaire

Super Moderator

Garage
Damn, I was considering this event. Sorry I missed it. A cut off date of almost a month in advance is hard to plan for (at least for me). I still may show. Hopefully there will be more interest.

Mods? Yea, I got mods ...
Air silencer delete, warp drive, dilithium crystals, flux capacitor, Slingshot Rubber band power adder, Moonshine & Gas, Leaf Blower Supercharger, Hamster Wheel & Hamster, Energizer Bunny generating 1.21 gigawatts, Mr. Fusion® Home Energy Reactor, hover conversion and a sextant celestial navigation system (The original GPS)
Best 1/4: 1,320 nanoseconds @ 670,616,629.2 miles per hour

"There isn't that much difference anymore between spacecraft, aircraft and modern automobiles..." - Keith Henry, NASA's Langley Research Center
See a list of my real mods and pictures of my car HERE. The true performance of my car was made possible by the Carolinas Crew Chief, RobertP at Rob's Tire & Auto
post #21 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-27-2008, 11:13 PM
4th Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to dirtybird489
Wouldn't have been able to go anyways I'm moving itno my new apartment and get settled in before college again.

-Amanda-

Current ride: 1992 Ford Thunderbird 5.0

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in