V6 Ford Challenge Aug 16th Cayuga, Ontario - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-12-2008, 09:25 PM Thread Starter

V6 Ford Challenge Aug 16th Cayuga, Ontario

Just a heads up guys, the V6 Ford Challenge is coming up soon. Aug 15-17th at Toronto Motorsports Park in Cayuga, Ontario. Our V6 class is bracket so everyone has a chance at winning. Our class runs on Saturday the 16th. I usually go for Friday for test and tune and then stay Sunday to watch the big cars race, since our race is held along with the Canadian Street Car Nationals. Free camping with weekend pass. There is a few hours (10-12 noon) to your qualifying times in the morning, but after that its straight to eliminations, so get there early to get as many runs in as possible before eliminations start.

www.v6fordchallenge.com

http://www.canadianstreetcarnationals.com/schedule.html

Today I talked with Joe DaSilva, the Pro5.0 Racer who holds the Canadian Street Car Nationals, which our V6 Ford Challenge event is held at. Joe already allows us to run our event with his, which is great since we dont' have to rent a track which is very costly. Now we don't get a million test and tune runs in but we can test and tune the night before and get lots of runs in, for a few extra bucks. Also we get great entertainment throughout the day watching great guys race like Billy Glidden and many other top drivers.

Also what I find the best is we get EXPOSURE, poeple are FORCED to watch the V6 class, so if we get some fast V6er's there, they take notice.

Anyways the good news is today Joe assured me he will fork out the money for our Payouts, in the tune of $500, which is what we try to give away every year for the bracket class. So first place will most likely get $300 and second $150 and 3rd and 4th prob $25 each. If we get a really good turnout he said he has no problem giving us even more.

Racing again this year will be FREE with a weekend pass, so bascially pay for all 3 days to watch and you race for Free. I believe its $50-60 for the weekend pass which includes FREE CAMPING, so you get a full weekend event for like $60. Test and Tune on Friday night is like $15 and you don't race on Sunday, but last year we stayed all 3 days to watch. We camped last year and had a blast. Weather held out too, but the weather did scare away most people.

So hope to see more people there this year, come out and promote the V6.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-22-2008, 07:20 PM
Clueless Poster

Send a message via AIM to v8_superbirdy Send a message via Yahoo to v8_superbirdy
i live close by and was wondering to just watch how much will it be? i would love to race but i own a v8 97lx

Last edited by v8_superbirdy; 07-22-2008 at 07:28 PM.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-22-2008, 07:26 PM Thread Starter

I think a one day pass is $30 but when you buy the weekend pass to watch its free to race, its bracket so it doesn't matter how fast or slow you are, all you have to do is be consistant. What type of truck do you have? You post says V9

Last year a stock V6 F150 raced me in the finals, he ran am 18 sec run.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-22-2008, 07:31 PM
Clueless Poster

Send a message via AIM to v8_superbirdy Send a message via Yahoo to v8_superbirdy
ahaha fat fingered that one nah its a v8 97lx sport. course i could take my moms v6 96 explorer sport lol. but thanks for the info.

my other ride is an ambulance!
1997 V8 sport - first car - sold 6/7/10
2006 silver mustang gt premiumcustom made grill, frpp shorty headers, pypes cat back exhaust, hurst billet pro shifter,
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-22-2008, 07:42 PM Thread Starter

yes bring the V6 explorer, we could use more cars. Plus there is prize money to be won, you never know. The stock vehicles tend to have better chances of winning.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-23-2008, 02:25 PM
Clueless Poster

yeah but the thing is the tranny is dieing in it. but i got some buddies with a v6 stang and some sc tbirds ill hit them up

my other ride is an ambulance!
1997 V8 sport - first car - sold 6/7/10
2006 silver mustang gt premiumcustom made grill, frpp shorty headers, pypes cat back exhaust, hurst billet pro shifter,

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in