Ford Expo w/ TCCoA Mini-Meet - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 86 (permalink) Old 06-27-2006, 10:55 AM Thread Starter
Seasoned Veteran Poster

Ford Expo w/ TCCoA Mini-Meet

Hello all. The Ford Expo will be in Columbus, Ohio at National Trail Raceway this year on September 1, 2, and 3. I've been talking with the event co-ordinater about having a TCCoA mini-meet at this event. No cost to the club for the mini-meet.....everyone pays the regular event admission, but we'll get to go in before the event starts and choose the area we would like to set up in. They will also provide track time reserved for our club if we wish to have our own shootout. Like I said, I've been talking with the event co-ordinater and we can make this happen. I don't want to go through the hassle of setting it up though and only have 4 or 5 people show up. So, by show of hands, who can make it to Columbus for that weekend for a car show/swap meet/drag race/TCCoA meet? If we have enough people that will actually commit, I'll set it up and we'll have our own area in the pits in which to conduct our meet. If we don't have that many people, I'll still be there racing, but we'll have to skip the mini-meet idea.

Here's a link with more info on the event.... Ford Expo

Who's in?

Mike

- The "IN" List -

1. Toombs
2. MaddMartigan
3. dirtyd0g
4. CougarSE
5. wolrah
6. BlackbirdSport
7. Euphoria717
8. 92five0bird
9. Baddbird89
10. CobraRthunder
11. Zach
12. joshbea6
13. quick35th
14. shaggy433

- DOHC 4.6
- 4.56 Trac-Loc
- DirtyDog Converter (3,800)
- SCT Micro Tuner from Blue Oval Chips
- 13.24 @ 103mph

ToombsRacing.com

Last edited by Toombs; 09-01-2006 at 07:12 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 86 (permalink) Old 06-27-2006, 10:56 AM
Converter Guy

Send a message via Yahoo to dirtyd0g
I'm pretty sure I can make it.
The only question is will my car be ready or will I have to steal the wifes, it should be ready by then.
Alan

DirtyDog Performance.Com
Proud sponsor of the SC/XR7 Shootout and Joel Bender Memorial Nats

Please do not send me messages on forums they are too hard to keep up with and I don't check in very often anymore call me at 513 898-1580 or email me alan at dirtydogperformance.com
post #3 of 86 (permalink) Old 06-27-2006, 12:55 PM

I'm about a hour and a half from national trails. No reason the Cougar and I wont be there!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 86 (permalink) Old 06-30-2006, 11:44 PM
PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to loudpipessavelives
Would love to make it but i am a best man in a wedding that weekend....consists of the 2 day thing with rehersal and all. blah

93 Bird/ Trick Flow 5.0-- awaiting some fresh paint
99 Marquis on 20's (daily)
01 Mustang Cobra with bolt on's-- 22k miles, might be for sale soon

http://www.cardomain.com/id/CDogg93
post #5 of 86 (permalink) Old 07-01-2006, 07:39 AM

Ill be bringing the bird, but our shop will be bringing like 3-5 cars and we have a pit reserved for us, but I will for sure be there.
post #6 of 86 (permalink) Old 07-01-2006, 10:19 PM

Garage
I can make it if it's actually going to happen this year. I went last year and was the only bird there.

I only live about 12 miles from the track.

"When the only tool you have is a hammer, suddenly everything looks like a nail."
"Nothing is foolproof because fools are so ingenious."
1992 Ford Thunderbird SC

Coast High Peformance 347 Stroker
-Low Tension Oil Rings, Zero Gap Seconds
-10.5:1 Compression Ratio
Trick Flow Twisted Wedge heads
Trick Flow Stage 1 cam
Trick Flow Street Heat Intake
Mac 1 5/8 long tube headers
FRPP 42# injectors
3.27 gears
Custom aluminum driveshaft
M5R2
Burned Chip for SN95 T4M0 ECM
OMGHI2U

post #7 of 86 (permalink) Old 07-01-2006, 10:39 PM
Converter Guy

You were not the only bird there Randy.
<~~~~chopped liver I guess

DirtyDog Performance.Com

Please do not send me messages on forums they are too hard to keep up with and I don't check in very often anymore call me at 513 898-1580 or email me alan at dirtydogperformance.com
post #8 of 86 (permalink) Old 07-02-2006, 01:27 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

one of these years im going to that race.

mabey its this year. we were talking about it on the way home from cinci last night, i gotta talk with work when i go back in a week or so.

CMP Drag Racing
best ET: 12.410 -- best MPH: 107.61
NMRA MM7270 -- NMCA EFI/? ????
Thank you to the CMP Drag Racing team: Tony, Doug, Maryann, Dale, Paul and Chris.

post #9 of 86 (permalink) Old 07-02-2006, 07:33 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtyd0g
You were not the only bird there Randy.
<~~~~chopped liver I guess
Where were you? I didn't see you on Saturday at least. And believe me, I know your ugly mug when I see it.

"When the only tool you have is a hammer, suddenly everything looks like a nail."
1992 Ford Thunderbird SC

Trick Flow Stage 1 cam
FRPP 42# injectors
3.27 gears
M5R2
OMGHI2U

post #10 of 86 (permalink) Old 07-02-2006, 08:09 AM
Converter Guy

Wouldn't this be the event where myself,you,Darrin and your buddy all stood around wondering where the event coordinator was? IIRC correctly Darrin and I came up for the friday night part of it because Darrin got stopped in the parking of hooters for some unlawful vehicular activity.
Alan

DirtyDog Performance.Com

post #11 of 86 (permalink) Old 07-02-2006, 08:52 AM

Garage
Quote:
Wouldn't this be the event where myself,you,Darrin and your buddy all stood around wondering where the event coordinator was? IIRC correctly Darrin and I came up for the friday night part of it because Darrin got stopped in the parking of hooters for some unlawful vehicular activity.
Alan
Yeah, that was Friday night. I didn't see you at the track on Saturday though.

1992 Ford Thunderbird SC

Trick Flow Stage 1 cam
FRPP 42# injectors
3.27 gears
M5R2
OMGHI2U

post #12 of 86 (permalink) Old 07-02-2006, 12:58 PM

I'll be there unless something major comes up with work. Coming down from Toledo and possibly bringing some of the RangerResource.net guys with me.
post #13 of 86 (permalink) Old 07-02-2006, 10:03 PM
PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to BlackbirdSport
I may show up for sat or sun. No drag racing for me, though. If I hook, I break my half shafts. If I dont, what's the point? :P

"Keep making it thinner until it breaks, then go one size bigger."
My Cougar XR7
post #14 of 86 (permalink) Old 07-03-2006, 12:19 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackbirdSport
I may show up for sat or sun. No drag racing for me, though. If I hook, I break my half shafts. If I dont, what's the point? :P

wussy, pack a set of halfshafts and quit wining like a little b*...

tnt people (meaning people that will only go to tnt) suck, have no balls, and piss me off more than anything. they complain cause no one shows up at stuff then say they will then do with something other than a car ready to race in. its pathetic if you ask me. if your going to race go to a schantiond event and race quit bsin yourself at tnt and get into some competition for once in your life.

see ya at the line. im commin to race. none of this bs show up and watch crap.

CMP Drag Racing
Thank you to the CMP Drag Racing team: Tony, Doug, Maryann, Dale, Paul and Chris.

post #15 of 86 (permalink) Old 07-03-2006, 07:27 AM

Garage
Quote:

I'm not sure I understand. I have a 347 in my 93 and I'm running very low 13's with a 1.77 60' on drag radials and I'm running stock half shafts. I'm not sure I understand how a car that is stock and running 15's-16's can break the half shafts.

Something is wrong.

1992 Ford Thunderbird SC

Trick Flow Stage 1 cam
FRPP 42# injectors
3.27 gears
M5R2
OMGHI2U

post #16 of 86 (permalink) Old 07-03-2006, 08:53 AM
PostWhore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddMartigan
I'm not sure I understand. I have a 347 in my 93 and I'm running very low 13's with a 1.77 60' on drag radials and I'm running stock half shafts. I'm not sure I understand how a car that is stock and running 15's-16's can break the half shafts.

Something is wrong.
Yes something is wrong, you dont know the car. lol
Stock car, 15s, thats cute.
The car ran 13'[email protected]+ with an AOD and a full interior.
It now has no interior, at all, and I've started cutting things out. Its got the stiffness of a cage and the direct power planting of a TKO and 4:30's out back. They snap, they snap consitently, regularly, and predictably. With an auto, you've got some shock absorbtion. With this TKO and the clutch I've got, it goes to the wheels, it does not stop at GO, it does not collect $200. I'm officialy out of the drag racing game. Trust me, ask the previous owner, he'll tell you the same. He snapped them weekly with just an OE mustang T5, though. He went back to the AOD because all he did was drag race.

My only option is to run ****ty times on my street/rain tires, and I'm not wasting them. It's not a drag car, its a road racer, and it will be in action this weekend at mid ohio. It's just not made for launching. Dont give me crap about not racing, I've raced this thing literaly hundreds of miles (I've got thousands of mile under my belt in many cars), I'm not joing to break it for the sake of masturbating at a drag strip.

PS Keith, I've got 3 sets, and a set of Cobra's in the car. I'm just not going to waste them just to impress people. I'm not whining like a *****, I'd be happy to race anyone, but on a real track. There is also my 6 years of experience with National Trails itself, and I'll never put my car on the track there again. These are the sentiments of a great many locals, it's the worst NHRA track in the country, and anyone who races them will tell you the same. Also;
*Twice I've slid sideways through coolant in the traps because their "safety crew" didn't catch it.
*I saw a Lightning burn for almost 2 minutes straight because none of their fire extinguishers worked.
*I've see countless bad accidents and fore from cars that never should have made it past tech. (luckily this event will have its on tech people)
Dont get snippy with me, you know I race. I've got hundreds of passes to my credit, that's just over now, the car isn't set up for it.

I've also got an old set of BFG Comp T/A's on SC rims that everyone is welcome to use.

Martigan, you want a TCi 3500 stall converter? Came out of the cougar, I'm selling it stupid cheap...like 4 cans of Similac cheap.

My Cougar XR7

Last edited by BlackbirdSport; 07-03-2006 at 09:04 AM.
post #17 of 86 (permalink) Old 07-03-2006, 09:35 AM Thread Starter
Seasoned Veteran Poster

Alright, alright. Let's try to get back to what this thread was intended for.....who's in for the meet? There doesn't seem to be all that much interest....even from the Ohio guys. That's surprising....

Mike

- DOHC 4.6
- 4.56 Trac-Loc
- 13.24 @ 103mph

ToombsRacing.com
post #18 of 86 (permalink) Old 07-03-2006, 09:39 AM

Garage
Quote:
Yes something is wrong, you dont know the car. lol
Stock car, 15s, thats cute.
The car ran 13'[email protected]+ with an AOD and a full interior.
It now has no interior, at all, and I've started cutting things out. Its got the stiffness of a cage and the direct power planting of a TKO and 4:30's out back. They snap, they snap consitently, regularly, and predictably. With an auto, you've got some shock absorbtion. With this TKO and the clutch I've got, it goes to the wheels, it does not stop at GO, it does not collect $200. I'm officialy out of the drag racing game. Trust me, ask the previous owner, he'll tell you the same. He snapped them weekly with just an OE mustang T5, though. He went back to the AOD because all he did was drag race.

My only option is to run ****ty times on my street/rain tires, and I'm not wasting them. It's not a drag car, its a road racer, and it will be in action this weekend at mid ohio. It's just not made for launching. Dont give me crap about not racing, I've raced this thing literaly hundreds of miles (I've got thousands of mile under my belt in many cars), I'm not joing to break it for the sake of masturbating at a drag strip.

PS Keith, I've got 3 sets, and a set of Cobra's in the car. I'm just not going to waste them just to impress people. I'm not whining like a *****, I'd be happy to race anyone, but on a real track. There is also my 6 years of experience with National Trails itself, and I'll never put my car on the track there again. These are the sentiments of a great many locals, it's the worst NHRA track in the country, and anyone who races them will tell you the same. Also;
*Twice I've slid sideways through coolant in the traps because their "safety crew" didn't catch it.
*I saw a Lightning burn for almost 2 minutes straight because none of their fire extinguishers worked.
*I've see countless bad accidents and fore from cars that never should have made it past tech. (luckily this event will have its on tech people)
Dont get snippy with me, you know I race. I've got hundreds of passes to my credit, that's just over now, the car isn't set up for it.

I've also got an old set of BFG Comp T/A's on SC rims that everyone is welcome to use.

Martigan, you want a TCi 3500 stall converter? Came out of the cougar, I'm selling it stupid cheap...like 4 cans of Similac cheap.
Ah, sorry about that. I looked at the car in your profile and thought that was the one you were talking about.

Since you are in Columbus we should get together some time. I'm sure that there are some things I could learn. Plus I would like to see your car.

1992 Ford Thunderbird SC

Trick Flow Stage 1 cam
FRPP 42# injectors
3.27 gears
M5R2
OMGHI2U

post #19 of 86 (permalink) Old 07-03-2006, 09:40 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toombs
Alright, alright. Let's try to get back to what this thread was intended for.....who's in for the meet? There doesn't seem to be all that much interest....even from the Ohio guys. That's surprising....

Mike
Don't get me wrong, I'm interested. If you are going to go that's good enough for me. I'll be there.

1992 Ford Thunderbird SC

Trick Flow Stage 1 cam
FRPP 42# injectors
3.27 gears
M5R2
OMGHI2U

post #20 of 86 (permalink) Old 07-03-2006, 09:57 AM
PostWhore

I think I saw you and an Autocross at the Ohio Historical joint parking lot. You should come up to Mid Ohio this weekend. I need to fix my profile, I sold my beloved sport about a year ago. And for the record, it went 14.8 @ 92 man, respect!

I'm interested, but Keiths totaly hardcore'ness scared me. Mike will you protect me from him?

My Cougar XR7
post #21 of 86 (permalink) Old 07-03-2006, 10:03 AM

Garage
[QUOTE=BlackbirdSport]I think I saw you and an Autocross at the Ohio Historical joint parking lot. You should come up to Mid Ohio this weekend. I need to fix my profile, I sold my beloved sport about a year ago. And for the record, it went 14.8 @ 92 man, respect! [\quote]

Unfortunately I'll be out of town this weekend. Yeah, I was at that autocross there last fall. It was with a bunch of Miata guys that built the course for their cars and I still only ran a second behind them with tires that aren't really made for doing that. It was my first time ever doing it too. I want to do that more though. I originally wanted to do road racing but I realized that I can't really afford to do that. Heh, as for the track time, I remember the first time I took mine out last summer and I ran a [email protected] I was fairly strong off the line that day but not at the top end. I hope to have that ironed out soon. One of these days I'll get the bodywork and paint done and the car will look halfway decent.

Quote:
I'm interested, but Keiths totaly hardcore'ness scared me. Mike will you protect me from him?
Heh, Keith probably won't even be there. Last year I was the only one that showed up on race day.

1992 Ford Thunderbird SC

Trick Flow Stage 1 cam
FRPP 42# injectors
3.27 gears
M5R2
OMGHI2U

post #22 of 86 (permalink) Old 07-03-2006, 10:06 AM
PostWhore

Quote:
I originally wanted to do road racing but I realized that I can't really afford to do that.
I've got less then $4000 invest in my car, including purchass price. You just have to shop to find the right car. I got my car from a drag racer who was fed up with trying to drag race the MN12 platform. Buy a car from a guy who's angry with it, it'll be cheaper!

My Cougar XR7
post #23 of 86 (permalink) Old 07-03-2006, 10:15 AM

Garage
Quote:
I've got less then $4000 invest in my car, including purchass price. You just have to shop to find the right car. I got my car from a drag racer who was fed up with trying to drag race the MN12 platform. Buy a car from a guy who's angry with it, it'll be cheaper!
Maybe I just have the wrong impression. I was under the impression that you had to have a lot of safety equipment in place, a full cage and the cost was several hundred dollars for a weekend run.

1992 Ford Thunderbird SC

Trick Flow Stage 1 cam
FRPP 42# injectors
3.27 gears
M5R2
OMGHI2U

post #24 of 86 (permalink) Old 07-03-2006, 10:23 AM Thread Starter
Seasoned Veteran Poster

I will definately be there, regardless of you what you lackeys decide to do.

If anybody else can say with some confidence that they will be there, then I'll add you to a list that I'll edit into my original post.

Madd, come on out and help me represent. Keith, do the same if you can. At least we'll have three fairly fast MN-12's our there!

Eric, how ya been, man? Haven't seen you since I ran into you in front of Carribean Jerks...LOL. Don't worry, I'll stay between you and big, bad Rattlehead.

Mike

- DOHC 4.6
- 4.56 Trac-Loc
- 13.24 @ 103mph

ToombsRacing.com
post #25 of 86 (permalink) Old 07-03-2006, 10:37 AM
Converter Guy

I will be there, I'll talk to Darrin. I'd count on randy.
It's you we wonder the most about

DirtyDog Performance.Com

post #26 of 86 (permalink) Old 07-03-2006, 10:40 AM
PostWhore

Quote:
Maybe I just have the wrong impression. I was under the impression that you had to have a lot of safety equipment in place, a full cage and the cost was several hundred dollars for a weekend run.
It *can* be expensive. I got into the car for $1950, engine, 4:30s, Eibach and all. The TKO and related hardware I got used, one hell of a deal on it. A WC T5 would be much cheaper. The Cage is an S&W, got it on sale, $150 with free shipping. Kirkey racing seat/cover/pad, $50 used. G-Force 5-point, $50 NIB on ebay. I gutted it and made the dash myself. And thats all you need to get out on the weekends in a mean beast. I got alot of deals on a lot fo stuff, and I have more connections then most....but it also took me three years of feirce budget management. "I will not spend that much, I'll hold out for a better deal".
Now it's come together, tomarrow it will be equipped with 13" brakes that I traded some stuff for, and used Victoracers I got free.

Grassroots Motorsports is your freind! The most usefull magazine subscription ever!

My Cougar XR7
post #27 of 86 (permalink) Old 07-03-2006, 10:44 AM

Garage
Quote:
It *can* be expensive. I got into the car for $1950, engine, 4:30s, Eibach and all. The TKO and related hardware I got used, one hell of a deal on it. A WC T5 would be much cheaper. The Cage is an S&W, got it on sale, $150 with free shipping. Kirkey racing seat/cover/pad, $50 used. G-Force 5-point, $50 NIB on ebay. I gutted it and made the dash myself. And thats all you need to get out on the weekends in a mean beast. I got alot of deals on a lot fo stuff, and I have more connections then most....but it also took me three years of feirce budget management. "I will not spend that much, I'll hold out for a better deal".
Now it's come together, tomarrow it will be equipped with 13" brakes that I traded some stuff for, and used Victoracers I got free.

Grassroots Motorsports is your freind! The most usefull magazine subscription ever!
Well, I do have a four point cage right now but I could add the other two points fairly easy. How much does it cost to run?

1992 Ford Thunderbird SC

Trick Flow Stage 1 cam
FRPP 42# injectors
3.27 gears
M5R2
OMGHI2U

post #28 of 86 (permalink) Old 07-03-2006, 10:56 AM
PostWhore

That cost was not included in my estimate. At mid Ohio this weekend, it'l be $310 for 2 days.
But fear not! I've PMed you a link to a local club. We hit up Nelson Ledges a few time a year, much cheal, around $100 for a 6 hour day.

My Cougar XR7
post #29 of 86 (permalink) Old 07-03-2006, 11:14 AM Thread Starter
Seasoned Veteran Poster

Quote:
I will be there, I'll talk to Darrin. I'd count on randy.
It's you we wonder the most about
I'm not sure what that means, but you and Randy are on the list.

Mike

- DOHC 4.6
- 4.56 Trac-Loc
- 13.24 @ 103mph

ToombsRacing.com
post #30 of 86 (permalink) Old 07-03-2006, 11:20 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

booooo hooooooo

i gotta find out if i can get off work for that weekend, if i can you will see the rr.net bird there.

CMP Drag Racing

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in