Silver Springs Roundup 1/6 & 1/7/07 - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-28-2006, 06:34 AM Thread Starter
4th Gear Poster

Wink Silver Springs Roundup 1/6 & 1/7/07

13th Annual Ford & Mustang Roundup at world famous Silver Springs nature theme park near Ocala, Florida, I have been to this show the past 6-7 years and it grows each year, lots of neat and interesting Ford products always there, this year we'll be showing our 1997 Thunderbird LX Sport model in Opalescent Pearl.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-13-2006, 01:11 PM
Alabama Chapter Director

Send a message via AIM to FordTBirdGirl Send a message via Yahoo to FordTBirdGirl
I will be there as well! Maybe we can post some pics up of the previous years and maybe it will gain more interest.
I think you guys that are close by FL would have a really great time. We usually have about 10 birds in attendance from SCCoA mainly.
The registration fee is FREE to the first 1000 entrants and you get 2 free passes to the theme park which has animals to see sort of like a small zoo I would say, there are river boat rides, shops, etc. The town is just a real small spot but its really nice I think.
http://www.npdlink.com/modules/Silve...s/SSFORD07.pdf

-Sarah-
97 TBird LX V8
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-13-2006, 07:07 PM Thread Starter
4th Gear Poster

Wink

I sent in my registration about 2 weeks ago and haven't heard from NPD yet, is it still a little early?? I hope they don't pick and choose who gets in and who doesn't.
Our '97 Sport is my Wife's daily driver and is kept in emaculate condition-its not a SC but lots of people have mistaken it for one, we are going to spend the entire weekend before the show SUPER CLEANING it and will be trailering it up from Palm Bay, Florida which is about 2 1/2 hours away.
Hope to see everyone there!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-13-2006, 07:55 PM
Alabama Chapter Director

Send a message via AIM to FordTBirdGirl Send a message via Yahoo to FordTBirdGirl
They will send you back your entry number and info probably by next month.
I cant wait to see your Wife's daily driver. I will of course be there with my 97 daily driver as well. We will be trailering her from Alabama. My Tbird will hopefully look a lot different from what most everyone will remember! Im so excited to show it off and its not even done yet!

-Sarah-
97 TBird LX V8
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-13-2006, 08:07 PM
Alabama Chapter Director

Pics from last years turnout..

-Sarah-
97 TBird LX V8
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-14-2006, 05:57 AM Thread Starter
4th Gear Poster

Wink

FordTBirdGirl: Thanks for posting the pictures!!!! They are great!!!! We had a 1978 Diamond Jubilee model in the Copper color many years ago like the silver blue one in your first picture!
Looking forward to seeing everyone and being part of the show!!
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-15-2006, 05:59 PM Thread Starter
4th Gear Poster

Wink

Quick side note: Ocala is only 10 minutes away from Silver Springs--Plenty of night life there!!!
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-30-2006, 06:06 PM Thread Starter
4th Gear Poster

Wink

I just got my entry info, and I guess I wasn't early enough to be among the first 1,000 so we are number 1034 and will be paying $17.00 entry fee, not too bad!! Getting anxious to go to the show and meet some new friends!!
I will be calling Silver Springs or NPD to see if we can drop the car/trailer Friday night so we can stay where we like which has no parking for trailers.
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-15-2006, 02:41 PM

hey cougarbird, where in Palm Bay do you live?
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-16-2006, 04:31 AM Thread Starter
4th Gear Poster

Wink

In the SE quad. south of Malabar road, and west of Babcock street, off of San Fillippo.
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-20-2006, 12:08 PM

oh sweet, sounds good, im up that way alot with my car going to the usual rice meets...not for the cars, for the people i know...and the occasional races of the vega... hit me up sometime, maybe you would be interested in comin down and giving hand on my PI swap?
post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-20-2006, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougarbird
Quick side note: Ocala is only 10 minutes away from Silver Springs--Plenty of night life there!!!
please tell me that was sarcasm
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-21-2006, 05:33 AM Thread Starter
4th Gear Poster

I guess I really meant that there are alot of restaurants up there in Ocala, my Wife and I are 49 years old and don't party that much any more-(I did say "that much") I DID NOT SAY "AT ALL" See Ya'll there!!!!!!!!!
post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-21-2006, 08:14 AM

I will have to attend in spirit. Being near Syracuse, NY and needing help driving and having none...in spirit. Ormond/Daytona are only 80-85 miles east of the Springs and there is a little night life there, probably about the same as Ocala and I am not being sarcastic. Driving west on rt. 40 you come to a light right at the water slide and you can turn/veer to the left there. Up about 6-7 miles I have relatives, near Porters? John Babiarz is an insurance agent in Ocala, maybe State Farm, if State Farm is in Florida and his brother is an Attorney there, Tim Babiarz I believe.
1000+ cars! Instead of bike week it's Bird week!
Honestly where do you all stay? Some camping? Remember I am there in spirit. I used to go to Ocala/S.Springs a couple times a year when I was healthy. Enjoy and be safe! Mark
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-21-2006, 09:59 AM
PostWhore

Garage
If one were looking for night life other than just spending time hanging around Silver Springs with the other car nuts, I would go to Gainsville rather than Daytona/Ormond. You can go North up I-75. SR-40 sucks driving at night, especially after you had a few.
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-21-2006, 11:59 AM
Alabama Chapter Director

Yea my number was over 1000 too...I guess they have more enthusiasts this year..only wish it was more TBIRDS! I cant believe all the FL people dont attend this!
Anyways, checked on my Birdy this morning and it is probably in the paint booth as we speak..so look for a new look in Jan!

-Sarah-
97 TBird LX V8
post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-21-2006, 06:05 PM Thread Starter
4th Gear Poster

Wink

This nightlife thing is kind of a weird thing-there is a wide age group on here from teens to past my age I think, and everyone wants something different when it comes to nightlife/partying-its all about your age group, but one thing we all have in common is our love for cars-in this case Thunderbirds, Cougars, and the Marks.
I get along with everyone both younger and older than myself, and really enjoy this show each year!!
This will be our very first show that we have entered a car in, we are very proud of our '97 LX Sport!!
My Wife and I are looking forward to mingling with everyone at the show.

FordTbirdGirl: Your car is going to be one of the freshest there by the sounds of it--hope your paint job comes out GREAT!!!!!!!!!
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-21-2006, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty
If one were looking for night life other than just spending time hanging around Silver Springs with the other car nuts, I would go to Gainsville rather than Daytona/Ormond. You can go North up I-75. SR-40 sucks driving at night, especially after you had a few.
Yeah, Gainsville is a college town, Go Gators! SR-40 isn't very enjoyable during the day either. 80 miles and 2 or 3 places to legally pass. I always get behind some station wagon pulling a trailer at 45mph all the way! I have friends in Daytona though but since I cannot drive more than 100 miles the point is moot. Again I wish everyone a great time and a SAFE time! mark
post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-04-2007, 03:31 PM
Alabama Chapter Director

Well guys I really hate to tell you this, but I will not be making it to Ocala this year My grandmother (who is 95) has not been doing good lately and my dad felt that she may have had a stroke so he took her to the ER today b/c her Dr. was out of town. They ran some tests and come to find out the tests showed she did have some sort of a stroke but to what extent we do not know at this moment. So unfortunately we will not be making it down this year. Sorry fellas. Have a great time for me ok!

-Sarah-
97 TBird LX V8
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-05-2007, 04:36 AM Thread Starter
4th Gear Poster

Wink

Sarah, I am so very sorry to hear about your grandmother, it is so hard to see your loved ones in this kind of shape, I sincerily hope that she will be OK, you are doing the right thing in staying home to be with her, may God bless you, your Grandmother, and your family.
We were looking forward to meeting you and seeing your great car and possibly parking ours next to it.
Ours is looking pretty darn nice, if I do say so myself, I am up now at 530am on Friday morning eating breakfast and awaiting daylight to do some small finishing touches on the car-(Its already on the trailer)
We will take plenty of pictures for you and anyone else that would like to see them. Take care! Rick
post #21 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-08-2007, 06:23 AM Thread Starter
4th Gear Poster

Wink

This years Silver Springs show was better thab ever!! over 1800 vehicles!!
I think that NPD did a fantastic job in setting everything up and getting everyone checked in and in place.
There were only 3 SCs there, all nice, one looked as if it was fresh off of the showroom floor!
(there was a Black '89 SC down in the NPD corral owned by the owner of NPD I was told-IT had 94 original miles on it) was bought to be a stable mate for his '57 Thunderbird that was also there and absolutely breathtaking!!
We set up our '97 Sport and then walked around and enjoyed the show!!
The 3 SCs did not return on Sunday, so ours was the only representantation of the '89-'97 body style Thunderbird! (I did not see ANY COUGARS!!)
We were parked over with all the other Thunderbirds from 1955 to a couple of 2004s or 2005s.
We had a great time-ended up talking with a couple from England who have a 1965 "K" code Mustang Fastback as I wore my "K" Mustang shirt and they were interested in buying a shirt for themselves-turned out they live very close to where my Wife's familey lives over there. interesting folks interesting car!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in