TCCoA Forums banner

Moog upper ball joint part #s

707 views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  BlackCat94 
#1 ·
Does anybody here have the part #'s for the moog upper ball joints the ones that have the grease fittings?

#2 ·
afaik yopu can't get the uppers seperate from the control arms. Someone else may know different??

#3 ·
I far as I can find, Moog doesn't sell just the upper ball joints for our car. I believe if get in the Zone, AutoZone (or similar store. I was just being sarcastic about AZ)... you can buy upper ball joints separately. But by the time you waste time and money buying them, then pressing the old ones out, pressing the new ones in, you'll have bent the arm. It's just easier and not that expensive to buy the whole arm w/ ball joint.

Front Upper Left Control Arm w/ Ball Joint: K8596
Front Upper Right Control Arm w/ Ball Joint: K8598

And if they don't come with the grease fitting, usually you can take the cap off and put a fitting in. I haven't gotten to replacing my own upper arms yet, so I can't remember off the top of my head if they come with fitting. But they probably do. :zdunno:

#4 ·
Front Upper Left Control Arm w/ Ball Joint: K8596
Are those Moog part #s

#5 ·
azreael344 said:

Are those Moog part #s
yes....I had the same ones. Remember, its the entire arm, not just the ball joint, the upper balljoint in not seperately serviceable.

joseph

#7 ·
around how much do they cost?

#9 ·
Well,

I get almost all of my parts from locally based parts stores. I usually just call around to find the best price and try to play one store against the other. I usually get a few dollars knocked off the price. RockAuto is all fine and dandy but I can get a part like control arms in a day from one of the local chains here in Florida. I think I paid 55$ or so for my upper arms. They were Moogs....

I get almost all of my parts from either Congress Auto or Bennett Auto Supply. Problem is, they are only found in Florida.

joseph

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.