TCCoA Forums banner

j-mod time

580 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  emg1485 
#1 ·
well guys,

i figured today was as good of day as any to start the jmod. Its been a couple hours now and im startin to put everything back together. Its all gone smooth up until this point. My problem is that the rooster comb (roller) doesnt seem to want to go into the fourth detent like the tech article says, so when i try to go through all my gears I have to stop at drive and it wont go any further. I'm sure I'll figure it out eventually, but any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance...

-erik

#3 ·
rodeo joe,

when it is in the first detent, i cant shift past drive into second or first when the car is off (I haven't put in the fluid or started the car yet because I dint want to have to drain it all again once I found out I did something wrong, :)). Is this normal? Thanks for your reply.

-erik

#4 ·
BAD NEWS!!

I found why it wouldnt shift and its because somehow the back-out pin ( i think thats what its called ) got bent and it wont slide thru its cylinder. Does anybody know if theres a way to fix this, or am i going to have to buy a whole new main control unit?

-erik

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.