Troubleshooting? - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-01-2003, 12:51 AM Thread Starter
PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to 94TchikinV8 Send a message via Yahoo to 94TchikinV8
Lightbulb Troubleshooting?

Ok, I had an idea and thought tat this would be the most logical place to try to contribute it. I thought that maybe you guys could come up with kind of a troubleshooting guide. I was thinking of something along the lines of what you might find in the front of a Haynes manual, but with more specific and common Tbird/Cougar problems. For example the TC shudder is a common problem to birds/cats with the 4R70W transmission. It would kind of follow a form like the following:
Engine:
-Symptom
Common Cause A
Solution to A
Common Cause B
Solution to B
....and so on.....
-Symptom
Common Cause A
Solution to Cause A

Transmission:
-Symptom
Common Cause A
Solution to Cause A
...and so on...

I think that this kind of thing would really help, especially with common problems that get posted a lot. I know for a fact that it would help me sometimes! Then as kind of another idea off of this one, you could link the solutions to some of the tech articles. Kind of like the following:
Engine:
Symptom=rough idle
Common Cause=Dirty MAF
Solution=Clean MAF(this would be a link to an article about cleaning the mass airflow sensor.)

What do you guys think, is this a good idea? I guess if you think it is, you could start listing common ailments that Birds and Cats suffer with possible causes and solutions. I'm not really sure where to start with this except for general categories such as: engine, transmission, driveshaft, differential assembly (IRS), suspension, brakes.

Just an idea I thought I would throw out. If you guys wanted to run with it, go right ahead. If you feel that this post needs to be deleted, by all means do so.

Just my $.02.
Thanks for reading,
Rob

1994 Thunderbird LX V8

Still in pieces in the garage awaiting body work, paint, and a drivetrain...

Currently driving a 98 Mustang GT convertible:
02 Explorer engine, Comp 262ah cams, Steeda underdrives, aftermarket H-pipe with high flow cats, SLP LM1 exhaust, MGW shifter, RAM clutch
[email protected], 2.17 60ft(stock 2.73s, worn-out trac-lok)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-01-2003, 01:01 PM
Amateur Expert

Send a message via AIM to Embalmer
I think that's a great idea! Especially for the more commonly asked questions about riugh idle, trans issues, etc. I think if I had a known symptom (i.e. rough idle) it would be great if I could read some of the possibilities for curing the problem. I was thinking of doing that for the car problems I've experienced on my website.

2007 Ford Mustang GT Premium - SOLD March 2014.
2013 Ford Taurus SHO (TUXESHO) Tuxedo Black Bone stock for now.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in