It's a good start for sure, and you'd be suprised how many people just don't know how to do it. And even more who won't admit to not being able to do it.
Just a few suggestions:
1. You might want to specify what size wrench you used on the oil plug
2. I take it you didn't use an oil filter wrench, but alot of times you will need one
3. A magenetic oil pan drain plug is inexpensive and easy to install for a little insurance
4. I personally don't put much (if any) oil in the 4.6L Cougar's filter, because of the angles it has to go through to wind up at the engine block, it usually spills on me.
5. I pull the rubber seal off of the filter and pour a small amount of oil into the channel and then rub the seal itself down with new oil, then re-seat it
6. You could mention something about the oil capacity, starting the car and looking under it to check for leaks, and to always use jack stands and not just a floor jack