8mm socket bit
flat blade screwdriver (or antenna nut removal tool)
phillips head screwdriver
Ford mast kit # F3AZ-18A886-A
EDIT: cost of kit approx. $38 with shipping
Time needed: under 1 hour
Begin work with radio OFF and mast down
1. Remove passenger side tire, and place vehicle on jack stand.
2. Remove fasteners on the back half of the wheel well liner
3. Remove nut on top of antenna (use skinny flat blade screwdriver/mallet or nut removal tool)
4. Remove bottom screw from antenna/motor assembly mounting bracket.
5. Remove antenna/motor assembly from fender.
6. Remove phillips head screw from bottom of cylindical mast housing (the bottom of the silver part) There is some silicone sealing this housing to motor assembly.
NOTE: Orientation of mast housing to motor assembly must be maintained when re-assembling.
7. Slide mast housing out from motor assembly.
8. Lay unit on top of rotor and have top of antenna facing out, with mounting bracket behind front rotor dust shield to hold it in place. Assembly should be laying horizontal.
9. Turn radio on, and pull out the white toothed cable from motor assembly. Leave radio ON
10. Remove antenna mast from mast housing. Clean inside of housing if necessary.
11. Take new mast with new white toothed cable, and place into mast housing.
12. Place white toothed cable into hole in motor housing with teeth facing power connector of antenna. Push white toothed cable in slightly till it is snug.
13. Turn radio OFF
14. As antenna mast lowers, get ready to slide antenna/mast housing back into place with correct orientation. When antenna is almost all the way down, slide it back down into motor assembly. Re-install phillips head screw.
15. Apply sealant to mast housing.
16. Re-install antenna assembly back into fender.