Auto headlights by sleeper bird - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-14-2007, 09:56 PM Thread Starter
Very nice... How Much?

Send a message via AIM to sunboy52
Auto headlights by sleeper bird

Sleeperbird sent me the write up, Here it is !!!

All you need is donor car with auto headlights....

if you can get the dash out that is the hardest part, your dash will stay in your car, you will route the wires through there with the dash inplace.like i said this morning start from the sensor on the dash unplug it[the square one]i cut the wire on the other sensor [ the small round one that you can see on the top of the dash]you do not need this one.pull the wire you need through the bottom it will be 4 or 5 wires together. now carefully cut the electrcal tapepulling thw wires that you need,you will see that the wires go behind the radio area from there they will go in two directions, to the relay that is on the drivers side under the dash mounted to the metal frame by the radio. pull the relay and save the little plastic holder that it slides onto [you will need this for your car].you will see a ground wire that connects to the main ground harness cut it [ you will need to run a new ground on your car not worth trying to put it in the factory place]two wires will run to a junction box near the relay, [ dont quote me on colors] i believe there is a brown and blue wire that go to the junction box pull it out to where you can see it [ two nuts hold the junction box]

now there is a black wire harness box directly behind the instument cluster [ kind of l shaped ] held together with clips unsnat all of them the cover will come apart. [might have electical tape to cut it]

remove the headlight switch, and auto h light knob pull it out and disconnect both.

remove the bolt from thefuse box opposite side of the fuses, where the wires come from the relay [three or four wires] both sides of the fuse box have a white cover pull that off after removing the bolt. the fuse box will pull out of the holder that has the fuses.

now i would suggest following the wires from the light sensor and put a piece of tape about every 8 inches to make sure you dont cut any of the wires you dont need.[at his point you should be able to see where all of the wires are going somewhat.go to your car and pull out the light switch you will notice that you only need one more wire[ believe it to be orange two wires connected together]. go back to your dash and remove that wire from the connector on the donor dash [ use a small screwdriver and from the front side CAREFULLY unsnap it thats all you need from it]

now is the time to check and check again that you realize where all of the wires are going, tape them every 8 inches or so to help keep them more clear from the rest.[this is your harness]now cut all wires from the relay to the fuse box and the switch that are entertwined with your harness BE VERY CAREFUL..cut all wires from the junction box that you dont need keep your harness connected to the junction box and the connector for the fuse box. all other wires will be cut.

now you have your harness the fuse box connector and the junction box all connected to your harness. pull all of it out to work on it.

you need to get the wires out of the junction box and fuse box. these wire will not snap out that i could tell i messed with them for two hours. what i did on the junction box remove the clear wire keeper[ pay attention to how this works you will need to remove this on your car and replace it]thak a hacksaw blade. just the dlade you now have to do surgery gently cut a groove in the plastic holder directly center of the wires you need, if you cut to where you can see the silver push connector stop, open it up with a screwdriver and pull it out{i suggest trying it on one or two that you dont need to get practice, you cannot mess these upt hey have to snap in smoothly in your box]
DISCONNECT YOUR BATTERY
now for the fuse block, the safety clip is different it is bright yellow ,on the donor car you can take a screwdriver and pry it all of the way out it slides in[kinda hard to pull out]note when you are pulling it out on your car you will only pull it out one click not all of the way out.one click will let you snap into yours.pull it all of the way out on the donor car to get an idea of how it works. now hacksaw those wires and pull them out

now tape your harness up it will go from the sensor and seperate at the relay tape them up seperatly where they divide.you will need to remove your cluster and pull it back, route your wires and run your ground

unbolt your junction bx two nuts remove wire keeper there will be two empty spots to plug into, make sure they are plugged into the right spot, use the old one as a reference. snap them in replace keeper intsall box.connect relay and put it where it belongs

remove screws and drop your fuse box down where you can see.remove the bolt and clear cover, remove the fuse block where you can work on it.gently pull or slide the yellow safety retainer ONE CLICK no more this will release the wires so you can snap yous in they should snap in with little pressure, if it wont go flip it around. make sure they are in the correct spot.

install the light sensor and the knob for the auto h light , snap in the orange wire to your light switch, install fuse box. and your in business.
-

1996 Ford Thunderbird LX 3.8L V6 58K
--Custom CAI / True Dual Exhaust w/Magnaflow High Flow Cats & Flowmaster Mufflers & Stainless steel Tips
--6000K HID Headlights and Silverstar Fog Lights / Clear Corners W/Alternating light mod.
--5% Limo Tint All Around
--Pioneer DEH-P7800MP W Pioneer 4-Way 6x9’s 2 X 12” Dual Subs in Ported Box / Sirius & iPod / 1800W Crunch Amp / 2 Farad Audiobahn Cap / LA SOUND Crossover Network / 7" Maxtek Touch Screen navigation Unit in Celing
--Led Exterior and Led Interior Lighting w/silver painted driver interior panels
--ScanGaugeII
--Cobra XRS R9G Wireless Radar
--Tinted Tails/GTS Headlight Covers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-15-2007, 11:58 AM Thread Starter
Very nice... How Much?

Send a message via AIM to sunboy52
yeah, goin t pick & pull next tue. guna grab the stuff, and i will do pics !

1996 Ford Thunderbird LX 3.8L V6 58K
--Custom CAI / True Dual Exhaust w/Magnaflow High Flow Cats & Flowmaster Mufflers & Stainless steel Tips
--6000K HID Headlights and Silverstar Fog Lights / Clear Corners W/Alternating light mod.
--5% Limo Tint All Around
--Pioneer DEH-P7800MP W Pioneer 4-Way 6x9’s 2 X 12” Dual Subs in Ported Box / Sirius & iPod / 1800W Crunch Amp / 2 Farad Audiobahn Cap / LA SOUND Crossover Network / 7" Maxtek Touch Screen navigation Unit in Celing
--Led Exterior and Led Interior Lighting w/silver painted driver interior panels
--ScanGaugeII
--Cobra XRS R9G Wireless Radar
--Tinted Tails/GTS Headlight Covers
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-15-2007, 05:17 PM
3rd Gear Poster

let me know how it turns out.mine works like it was intended
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-18-2007, 10:45 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to Chris_Murder
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleeper bird View Post
let me know how it turns out.mine works like it was intended
I have the auto headlight option and I bearly know how its intended to work lol please enlighten me, right now I just have it all the way down so that its right above where it would "click" when rolling to turn off the feature, at that setting it seems to know what to do lol. I don't touch the knob to the far left ever and I don't think I've touched the autolighting feature knob since I enabled it like I stated. Tell me more about how this roller works, I'm sure what I'm doing isn't the "proper" way.

-1996 Pearl White Thunderbird 4.6 Sport 4v with many mods:
Current Best: 13.583 @ 103.74 10/2014.
227hp/241tq measured on calibrated mustang dyno, tested at full vehicle simulation with inertia enabled, no number skewing.
-2001 White Ford F-250 Super Duty 6.8 V10, 4-door, 4x4, Limo Tint, BFG KO2's, Bilstein 7100 Remote Reservoir Race Bypass Shocks, 6" Spring lift, Kenwood Double Din, K&N Intake, FlowMaster Exhaust
Amber_Murder's Daily Driver.
-2005 White GMC Sierra 3500 6.6 Duramax, Dually, 4-door, 4x4, Limo Tint, BFG Commercial T/A's, Rancho RS9000XL Shocks, Kenwood Double Din, K&N Intake, Banks Monster Exhaust
Chris_Murder's Daily Driver.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in