splitport nitrous kit - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-24-2008, 02:05 AM Thread Starter
Seasoned Veteran Poster

splitport nitrous kit

i was wonder what would be the limit for a shot of nitrous for my application. see below for specs.. And also whats the best kit for purchase?

Thanks
Tyler

1985 THUNDERBIRD CFI 5.0L..
h-pipe, shorty headers, stock everything else

DEDICATED TO THE SURVIVAL OF COUGARS AND THUNDERBIRDS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-22-2008, 04:35 PM
Iowa Chapter Director
Uber Luber
TCCoAAC Member

Hey, sorry I didn't see this sooner, I don't look here much anymore.

If you want to do the max possible go with a direct-port system. You can piece them together pretty easily. I did. I think Supersix said they had cylinder head lifting issues at 200shot. That was also with ARP head studs torqued to 100lb/ft. That same car also ran a 125shot perfectly fine in to the 10's in the 1/4mi. I think a 150shot would be fine, that's the most I would go if you want to keep the engine in one piece. Maybe torquing the heads a little more would keep them down, who knows. I wonder if there's room to tap for larger head studs...? Mine is capable of 250hp but I'll be running much lower compression, and I don't think I'll use more than a 100shot.

-Thomas

1988 Notch Mustang: - 438W, direct port n2o, t56
2003 SVT Focus: - SCT X3 tuner
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-24-2008, 07:14 PM
Clueless Poster

Send a message via AIM to v8_superbirdy Send a message via Yahoo to v8_superbirdy
well the ore you use the more it strains your engine. frankly i think you better of spending your money on something else. nitrous just seems way to harsh to put in an engine unless specifically made for it. but hey your car have fun with it.

my other ride is an ambulance!
1997 V8 sport - first car - sold 6/7/10
2006 silver mustang gt premiumcustom made grill, frpp shorty headers, pypes cat back exhaust, hurst billet pro shifter,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-24-2008, 07:19 PM
Baby Huey

Quote:
Originally Posted by v8_superbirdy View Post
well the ore you use the more it strains your engine. frankly i think you better of spending your money on something else. nitrous just seems way to harsh to put in an engine unless specifically made for it. but hey your car have fun with it.
You obviously didnt read what his motor has in it internal wise. Also, don't tell people information that you yourself dont know about, you come of as ignorant and uninformed.

Jim

1995 Thunderbird LX: Vortech S-Trim(12psi), Forged PI 4.6, T-45, SCT Tune, Eibach Pro-kit, Magnaflow DI/DO Exhaust, 3.73 TL, and 17" Cobras

1995 Thunderbird SC: Bone Stock
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-24-2008, 08:26 PM
Iowa Chapter Director
Uber Luber
TCCoAAC Member

Have you ever used nitrous? Have you ever read up on it? Do you know of it's negative effects? Hell if you knew any of these 3 things you wouldn't have responded with that statement. Nitrous can be used on ANY engine. AS LONG AS you tune it properly and know it's limits. Obviously even if you tune a 1.0L metro for a big nitrous shot, it's not going to handle a 300hp nitrous setup. But there are people safely running 25hp shots on them with no problems after 20k miles. It's about octane rating, spark plug choice, a/f ratio, timing curve, and cylinder pressure.
-Thomas

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-24-2008, 08:47 PM
Clueless Poster

Send a message via AIM to v8_superbirdy Send a message via Yahoo to v8_superbirdy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
Have you ever used nitrous? Have you ever read up on it? Do you know of it's negative effects? Hell if you knew any of these 3 things you wouldn't have responded with that statement. Nitrous can be used on ANY engine. AS LONG AS you tune it properly and know it's limits. Obviously even if you tune a 1.0L metro for a big nitrous shot, it's not going to handle a 300hp nitrous setup. But there are people safely running 25hp shots on them with no problems after 20k miles. It's about octane rating, spark plug choice, a/f ratio, timing curve, and cylinder pressure.
-Thomas
no i dont use nitrous. i've read up on it a few time even thought a bout doin it myself(dry 75 shot). and for side effects blown motors, melting of ones engine, seems like too many things can go wrong with it, its expensive, its not street legal atleast not in cali where i live. i mean sure you could run a 25 shot. but its not for me and i think there are better things to spend money on that can get you 25 hp and cost the same if not less.

2006 silver mustang gt premiumcustom made grill, frpp shorty headers, pypes cat back exhaust, hurst billet pro shifter,
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-24-2008, 08:49 PM
Iowa Chapter Director
Uber Luber
TCCoAAC Member

No, lack of fuel blows motors, not nitrous please stop posting misinformation before someone actually believes you.

Do you know how a piston melts? Lean condition. Nitrous is actually very misleading, what it's nick-name SHOULD be is Oxide. Because the nitrous is only a carrier for the oxygen to bond to as it travels to the engine. The oxygen is what's needed for fuel to burn. Nitrous oxide is an accelerant. Lack of fuel melts pistons and blows engines. If you have it tuned properly it will be fine. I ran a 75shot on mine for a bottle before I decided to go a different direction, and I never had a problem with it. There are several people who used 125shot with good dyno tunes by professional tuners who never had a problem with it.

-Thomas

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-24-2008, 08:52 PM
Clueless Poster

i wasnt posting misinformation. i said exactly what you said. too much and you'll destroy your motor, and you need to configure or build up the motor so it can withstand it

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-24-2008, 08:54 PM
Iowa Chapter Director
Uber Luber
TCCoAAC Member

you do not need to build the motor, any motor can handle a shot of nitrous, as long as it's used within reason. Done now, thanks.
-Thomas

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-20-2008, 10:12 PM

Wow you guys should meet up in person and handle this. j/k I dont remember the brand or what shot it's set up for, But my friend has a complete kit just sitting around. It came out of a 03 mustang GT. The guy put on a kenny belle and pulled the spray. The guy was really close to my friend and i and gave it to him as a gift but my friend never installed it and sold his car. Send me a PM and I'll get your number

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in