Need NOS advice please - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-12-2004, 08:46 PM Thread Starter

Need NOS advice please

Hello TTCOA members,

This is my first post on anything, so please bear with me...

In 2 weeks, a mechanic buddy and I are installing a NOS dry efi kit on my 97 4.6l stock tbird. I have a purge valve, progressive controller, nos pressure guage and air/fuel ratio guage and bottle warmer. I may need to upsize the injectors, but will try stock ones first.

Motor is stock with k/n filtercharger, msd igntion, blaster coil packs and super conductor wires. pvc ram air scoop and duct. 3.73 rear gears in 8.8 rear. Transgo comp shift kit in aode tranny.

Any NOS experienced folks out here please reply on advice during install, things to look out for, injector sizing, plug advice, chip advice, tuning advice, etc. Wanna do this right the first time and keep my hood and intake where they belong.

Eventualy, I'll go forged internals, nos pistons, pi heads and perhaps look to mate a procharger or allen unit onto the engine. But not yet; just stock for now.

Thanks for reading,
KyNOSBird
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-14-2004, 12:14 AM

Welcome. I am by no means an expert on nitrous, especially not dry kits, but I'll try and help since no one else seems to be.

You need a fuel pressure regulator for one, and stock injectors I believe would be fine just nitrous. I wouldn't go over a 125 shot, however some 96-98 Stangs run 150 wet shots.
Spark plugs you will wanna run 2 degrees colder than stock, and copper only.
For a chip/tune, I would talk to Dennis Reinhart. There are other companies that are recommended like Apten, Fordchips, but I like dealing with him. I believe it's 2 degrees of timing retarded for every 50 shot.

You definitely want a WOT switch if you don't have one already, and possibly a window switch so you can set what rpm it sprays, and when the spray turns off - so you don't hit your rev limiter and run lean.

Just take your time, make sure everything is tight, and double check everyting once you are done.

If I think of anything else I will post ,adn hopefully if I said somethign incorrect someone will correct me.

Also, how do you like the Transgo?

97' 4.6 LX - [email protected] 1880ft Air Density Altitude, 86*
95' 4.6 40th Anniversary Edition
01' 4.6 F-150 Supercab XLT 4x4
2000 Summit 700
purgeclip
GMvsFordforum
A.R.T.
Scotts' custom gauges

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in