Nitrous Switches - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-17-2004, 09:20 AM Thread Starter

Nitrous Switches and Gauges

I was just wondering if anyone has pictures of their nitrous switches/switch panels? I am trying to decide which route to go and wheres the best place to get them at?

I have seen panels ranging from 50 - 150 dollars and wondering what others have used effieciantly?

Thanks

Dave

1 more question: I currently have an Autometer Phantom Nitrous Pressure Gauge, It is mechanical and has a rather large(thick) braided line. I would like to run this through the A pillar on the triple gauge pod, and wanna know if you can buy a smaller braided line or do I have to mount on the bottle?

Dave

Last edited by DMcBrideBoston; 07-17-2004 at 09:52 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-17-2004, 09:58 AM
3rd Gear Poster

This is where i put mine. They are from left to right, nitrous, purge, and heater. I will prob. move them sometime down into the ashtray and cover them up. But for now they are staying because i'm too lazy to move all the wiring.

post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-17-2004, 10:05 AM
3rd Gear Poster

As for the pressure gauge, i have one as well but i didn't want to mount it in the car. Only because that braided line is hard to work with. Its 4an line, but i think you can get adapters and change it over to 3an line....which is the same as your nitrous line that goes to the nozzle. You would need to tap in-line with the supply line using a t-fitting. IMO i think its not worth having in the car, only because, how often do you need to see nitrous pressure, or how often with the bottle be in the car, with the valve open, other than the track.

The guage that i have is an external mount, with no lights or anything. It's mounted on the bottle and i just use it in between runs to see what the pressure is at. If you dont have a heater, you'll only see about 650-700 psi. I got my heater this year ( NOS new for 35 bucks ..ebay...) and it keeps the pressure at a solid 950psi. Here's a pic again... Oh and if you're looking for a place for the purge....you can kinda see where i put mine...its in the cowl...a small clear tube.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-17-2004, 10:22 AM Thread Starter

I was only going to put it in the car because, it's one of the 80 dollar autometer phantom gauges, and it would leave one less space in the triple gauge pod, so now I need to buy two more gauges instead of 1, oh well. I bought the t-fitting already, it'll be here monday, so until then.

http://www.speedshop.org/store/scrip...p?idproduct=88

This is the switch panel I will go with for the 3rd hole in the pod I guess, even though 150 bucks is alot. It looks awsome though.

Dave
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-18-2004, 12:37 AM
Whining Intakes Rock

Do you need to have a blow down tube if you go to the track?

_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/ I like intakes that whine \_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_

# SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0;
# 0 rows returned
# drop table users;_
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-18-2004, 01:26 AM
3rd Gear Poster

Quote:
Originally posted by Al_Florida
Do you need to have a blow down tube if you go to the track?
Only if the bottle is in the passenger compartment of the car. Like a hatchback or something. You're suposed to have a firewall in the trunk for it to be track legal, but the rear seats seal off the bottle and its perfectly fine not to have one.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-18-2004, 03:30 AM

$150 for a panel, or $150 for nitrous, or somethign else more important.
That's how I look at it anyways.
I just mounted my switches in the center console storage thing. Hidden, easily used, etc...
It's just a few switches and a button, nothing that is gonna stand out, unless that is what you are gong for then a panel like that would be ideal.

97' 4.6 LX - [email protected] 1880ft Air Density Altitude, 86*
95' 4.6 40th Anniversary Edition
01' 4.6 F-150 Supercab XLT 4x4
2000 Summit 700
purgeclip
GMvsFordforum
A.R.T.
Scotts' custom gauges
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-18-2004, 06:35 AM Thread Starter

I hear ya, thanks guys.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-20-2004, 02:20 PM
5th Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to NightWind
Quote:
Originally posted by DMcBrideBoston
Autometer Phantom Nitrous Pressure Gauge, It is mechanical and has a rather large(thick) braided line. I would like to run this through the A pillar on the triple gauge pod, and wanna know if you can buy a smaller braided line or do I have to mount on the bottle?

Dave
Just got the same Gauge, was wondering that myself

Yeah if i wasn't half a sleep I could write better, but sleep is over rated...?
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-20-2004, 09:27 PM Thread Starter

So far it looks like we have to mount it to the bottle, even though I don't want to.

Dave
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-22-2004, 07:26 PM
Formerly Fdawg97LX

Send a message via AIM to Fdawg03SVT
dave,

that switch panel is a bit pricey but i think it will look sweet in the gauge pod. when i was thinking about n2o i was planning on mounting the switches in the bottom din slot on the dash and eliminating my ash tray. i think you might have the message center down there though, right? i'm keeping the bird now, a bullitt is just out of my price range right now while i'm in school, so i got a few mods in mind for the bird again. no gonna go as crazy as i had planned before but just a couple of things. let me know when u and mark put the n2o in, if its a sunday i'll give u guys a hand cuz i work mon-sat.

frank

2007 Dodge Ram 1500
2008 Suzuki GSX-R1000

Previous Rides:
2003 Suzuki GSX-R750
2003 Mustang Cobra 10th Anniversary - 11.2 @ 130
1997 Thunderbird LX 4.6 - 13.7 @ 103
1993 Thunderbird LX 3.8 - Slow
1990 Thunderbird 3.8 - Slower
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-22-2004, 08:38 PM
Seasoned Veteran Poster

Send a message via AIM to Carlover007
I think a really cool place to hide the nitrous switch is if you could wire it where the OD button is on the shifter.
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-22-2004, 09:27 PM Thread Starter

Yea Frank, It would look sick, I got the triple pod, and 2 gauges, since the Nitrous Pressure will go in the trunk, I want that switch setup but kinda pricey. I'll get it, just gotta wait for some more OT.

Dave
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-22-2004, 11:05 PM
TCCoA Founder
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Carlover007
I think a really cool place to hide the nitrous switch is if you could wire it where the OD button is on the shifter.
Been there done that.

I was the first person I'm aware of to wire up their factory O/D button as a nitrous trigger. The wiring is still all there, but I don't have the nitrous anymore. I sold it to Joel so he could blow up intakes. I just used a DPDT switch to swap the operation of the momentary SPST shifter button between O/D Cancel and Nitrous Trigger.

God Bless and Fly Low!

Sir William
TCCoA Founder

97 Thunderbird LX - Smoothed

99 Expedition Eddie Bauer

04 Grand Cherokee Overland
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-22-2004, 11:11 PM Thread Starter

Sir Will.....

I wasn't around when you had nitrous, what kind of numbers were/are you putting down.

Thanks

Dave

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in