Should I or No??? - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-02-2004, 09:45 AM Thread Starter

Should I or No???

I'm tossing the idea of adding a nitrous setup on my car. If I do, I will get the Zex dry kit. I need a tune bad anyways, but right now I'm running PnP'd NPI's, PI cams, PI intake, 24# injectors, 255lph pump, 80 mm GT MAF, and I think that's about all. Do you NO2 junkies think that I'll be safe (hah) running a bit of juice on a stock bottom end with 130K on it?? Let me know, cause I'm seriously debating it now. And anything else I may need to upgrade as well. Thanks

Joe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-02-2004, 03:20 PM
6th Gear Poster

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Warlockguitarman Send a message via Yahoo to Warlockguitarman
your set up looks good to me, except you will want an adjustable fuel pressure regulator, its good that you have the bigger pump and injectors, and then the tune and you should be set, it would be safe as long as you use it sparingly, dont get greedy, cus thats when you blow your engine. im goin with the zex dry kit also, i will have 30 lb injectors, 255 pump, afpr, pi cams, and a tune from sct that will also have a nitrous tune on it with a degree or 2 pulled, i plan on usually usin a 75 but i will ocasionally bump it to a 125 for the track.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-02-2004, 05:02 PM Thread Starter

Thanks. So where to get an afpr? I know of steeda, there any others? Would it be advisable to get a window switch with the dry kit or would it be safe (haha) without one? And also the purge kit?? Necessary or just for looks with a dry kit?? I am pretty skeptical about the whole no2 setup yet, but I'm looking for a cheap power adder for a bit. And I would only use it sparingly, as in a few runs at the track and the rest n/a. And one more, any idea how long it would take to put a kit in? If everything goes how it should?? Thanks

Joe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-02-2004, 05:26 PM

I'd go ebay, and get the Aeromotive adjustable fuel pressure regulator @ 105.00
Rail mounted Fuel Pressure gauge 19.00

Window switch if you want, but not necessary.

Purge kit, If you want, may be good to clear the lines before a run.

Took us 5 hours to get my kit in, and that was with 3 parts store runs.I'd say 3 hours if everything went smoothly.

Dave
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-02-2004, 06:29 PM Thread Starter

Thanks. I've been looking at ebay for a kit, and the cheapest i came up with was $488. I'll keep looking. And also for a reg and gauge.

Is there any detramental effects if there is a touch of air in the lines? Like ending up with a missing valve/piston/rod, etc or just not enough spray?

Joe
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-02-2004, 06:41 PM

I'd double check with 1MTNCAT, but I believe the shot will not be as effective as if the lines were purged clear.

Dave

I got my kit for 300....Kepp searching if you wanna spend less and get used. Or buy new for 500.

Dave
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-02-2004, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by whitecoug
Is there any detramental effects if there is a touch of air in the lines? Like ending up with a missing valve/piston/rod, etc or just not enough spray?

Joe
Just not enough spray, the air in the lines will not cause any kind of a lean condition. having the lines purged can help with your e/t's
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-05-2004, 12:55 PM Thread Starter

Is the BBK afpr an ok choice?

http://store.summitracing.com/defaul...sure+regulator

or should I look into something else?

Joe
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-07-2004, 10:30 PM

I wouldn't see why not. If that's the best deal you can find, go ahead and grab it.

97' 4.6 LX - [email protected] 1880ft Air Density Altitude, 86*
95' 4.6 40th Anniversary Edition
01' 4.6 F-150 Supercab XLT 4x4
2000 Summit 700
purgeclip
GMvsFordforum
A.R.T.
Scotts' custom gauges
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-08-2004, 06:29 PM Thread Starter

Well, i ended up getting an aeromotive afpr, 35-70 psi with an outlet for the gauge and an autometer gauge 0-100 psi.

what pressure do you guys set it to for n/s and also nitrous??

Joe

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in