Questions on using nos on my car - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-10-2004, 10:43 PM Thread Starter
5th Gear Poster

Questions on using nos on my car

my Tbird is a 3.8L with around 105000 on it. I was planning on a 50 shot fogger system for the car, but I'm worried about the engine handeling it. I still need this car till I graduate HS in 2 years and I dont want to kill it. I have a low paying job, so I doubt i'd beable to pay for a new engine. So is there anything i should do before I put the car on nos? Maybe put in new HG's(just in case)...Where can i get some decient pistons, and connecting rods that can wisthstand Nos, or will the stock ones beable to handel it?

I have a new fuel pump,reg, and filter. new plugs,wires ect, but the actual engine hasnot been touched. So any advice on what i should do to get it nos ready, I'd really appreciate it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-10-2004, 11:09 PM

In seeing that your 3.8 has over 100k on it and the engine has not been touched...I'd like to take this opportunity to say that is one lucky 3.8. I don't know much about the v6, but right now i am running a 75 shot on the stock 4.6 with 132k on it. I wouldn't take the time and energy to put new pistons, rods, etc in just for a nitrous setup. If you use it wisely and sparingly, the motor will not go AS FAST as if you were to shoot it ALL the time. With that being said, If you were to upgrade the rods, pistons, etc, in my humble opinion, I'd throw a blower on it and be done. Then add the nitrous.

But if you were to put the v6 on nitrous, I would definately recommend a larger fuel pump (if the new one is stock size) and adjustable fuel pressure regulator. New head gaskets on the motor would probably be a wise choice too. I guess if I had a 3.8, I'd probably do them as much as I change plugs (I know...ouch ) But there will be some more peeps to chime in I'm sure.

Joe

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in