newby to Nitrious need advice - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-07-2005, 07:25 PM Thread Starter
5th Gear Poster

newby to Nitrious need advice

ive been thinking about a few things reciently. I'm nearing the edge of rebuilding my motor. I'm thinking about getting a rotating assembly from SuperSix with the forged rods, pistons, and such for the 3.8L. I was thinking about a 4.2 swap, but decided against it. So basicially I'm looking into going forged and running a shot of Nitrious. I have a setup on my honda, but I didnt set it up on there(got it with the car) and I'm not 100% sure on how to properly use it and what size of a shot to use for waht application. I'm wanting a nice reliable car to last another few years, and not trash it with constant boost(I'd stay in the gas because of the way i drive) and would like the extra power when I need it, and not on the borderline of blowing the engine every time I drive it. I know alot of you guys arent exactly for Nitrious on tccoa, but what are some faults of using this?

for a 100 shot or 150 shot I'd assume i'd need a larger capicity pump, adjustable FPR, Custom Tune on my sct, High compression pistons(Dosent Nitrious work better in higher compression) and run 93+ octaine to prevent detonation. I already ahve te gauge to monitor how rich/lean the car runs, I got a Fuel pressure gauge and that is really all i need to make sure I dont run lean. I also run 22c plugs, so people say to run coler plugs, i'm already covered. Is there anything else I'm missing, or any advice from the nitrious 3.8L guys?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-10-2005, 01:22 AM

Not a 3.8 guy, but here's the basics. Yes for a larger pump. You might as well go for a 255 right off. If you're going to run a 100 or 150 on a v6, yes built is a very good idea. Nitrous does like compression, but will work great with stock compression as well. 22C's should be fine, as long as you're not on the juice 24/7. I would suggest an actual tune with the nitrous, so your a/f can be monitored and have everything dialed in correctly. I was not even the first person to use the nitrous on my car. the tuner on the dyno was...

As for kits, most people here seem to have very good luck with the Zex dry kit. However, you will net a tad more power from a wet kit with an equivalent shot size. You have a v6, so I'm assuming you wouldn't have the plasitc intake problem with the wet kit that the 4.6's would have.

Other than that, there are tons of great info in here. I would assume that most things are going to be very similar between juicing a 4.6 and a 3.8

Joe

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in