Wiring Zex - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-11-2005, 04:21 PM Thread Starter

Wiring Zex

The instructions say to run the white wire from the NMU to the output voltage lead from the throttle position sensor. Where is this? Pics would help. And to mount the switch it says to run the red wire to one of the switches leads and the other lead needs to be connected to a 12-volt accessory source under the dash, using a t-tap electrical connector. What do I use at the 12 volt accessory source? Where is it? And what is the T-tap electrical connector? Again pics would help a lot.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-11-2005, 05:28 PM

The white wire from the NMU goes to the middle wire on the TPS. The 12 volt power wire can be had from a multitude of places either under the dash or console. When I first ran mine, I tapped from the power wire to the cig. lighter. The t taps are the little crimp type connecters that fold over. So run the red wire from the NMU inside to where you want the switch and hook that one to one of the switch terminals and the other terminal to your 12v power. When I redid mine I used and ignition wire which only has 12v when the key is on...a little safety factor there I guess. Hope this helps

Joe
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-11-2005, 07:08 PM Thread Starter

Where is the TPS is my main question? I understand that's where the white wire needs to go. But where is the TPS?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-11-2005, 08:18 PM
Whining Intakes Rock

On your car, should be the front of the throttle body. One side has the throttle cable, the other side has the TPS. It has 3 wires on it.

_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/ I like intakes that whine \_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_

# SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0;
# 0 rows returned
# drop table users;_
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-20-2005, 04:41 PM
Seasoned Veteran Poster

I have a question as well if you guys dont mind, I was moving my box and all my **** spilled out so Im doing ok but now with the wiring I have 3 fusable links and I dont know which ones are for what I have a bottle heater a purge kit and regular one. 2 of them are 15 amps and one is 30. My guess is the 30 is for the heater since that prolley pulls the most amps, but I need to be sure. Also one of the 15 amp fuesable links has two wires connected to it and the other 2 dont have any how are you supposed to connect the wires to them. The ZEX instructions are not clear at all about this and many other things. Thanks alot

2011 Mustang GT Premium 6spd
Current Modifications:
C&L Cold Air Intake
American Racing Long Tube Headers
Catted X pipe
MBRP Mufflers
Axle Exchange Aluminum Drive Shaft
Custom Street Tuned

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in