Zex Kit Installed - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-15-2005, 09:04 PM Thread Starter

Zex Kit Installed

I just wanted to show off some pics of my Zex kit. I have a purge kit, I just haven't put it on yet.

And this is the result of the nitrous...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-15-2005, 09:16 PM

you wasted the Naaawwwssss on a photo shoot?!? c'mon man...hit the track and post some times!!!!

isn't that pic of the bottle the one that ws taken at auto fair???

Shane

BTW: looks good
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-15-2005, 09:29 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodiak kid
you wasted the Naaawwwssss on a photo shoot?!? c'mon man...hit the track and post some times!!!!
I still have never had the 'Bird on the track. I just don't want to bring her there without a lot more done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodiak kid
isn't that pic of the bottle the one that ws taken at auto fair???

Shane

BTW: looks good
Yeah that was taken at the Autofair before the rest of the kit was even hooked up, haha.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-15-2005, 09:31 PM
PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to Midnight
I am still trying to figure out where the last two lines go. The hoses that is. I haven't really looked into it too hard. As soon as the guy tells me when my dyno time is though I will be looking into it harder.

Sprtnlax14: i was was up at 4:30 to hunt
LtlLinds424: you did NOT just say hunt
Sprtnlax14: whatever, the day you become a vegan we'll talk
LtlLinds424: the day that you stop only spitting game and not producing girls in your bed... we'll talk

My Dragons
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-15-2005, 09:50 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight
I am still trying to figure out where the last two lines go. The hoses that is. I haven't really looked into it too hard. As soon as the guy tells me when my dyno time is though I will be looking into it harder.
I had that same problem, but maybe this picture will help.

The hoses are supposed to go where you see the yellow circles. The regulator hose barb from the NMU gets connected to the vacuum fitting on the engine's fuel pressure regulator, which is the yellow circle on the right. Then the intake hose barbe from the NMU gets connected to an unused vacuum fitting on the throttle body, which is the yellow cirle on the left. So basically you unplug the hose that goes from the Fuel Pressure Regulator to the Trottle Body and plug in the hoses to the NMU.

Now instead of hooking up a hose to the throttle body I just unplugged the one from the FPR and ran the intake line to that, to save some tubing. That's the orange circle on the right of the yellow one in the picture.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-16-2005, 10:05 AM
PostWhore

Ok. I was just looking at it and....Did you cut the little elbow fitting off of the red line that goes to the top of the FPR and just plug that in like that?

Can we use the extra nipple's on the vaccum fittings on the firewall.

If I unplugg the fittings on the throttle body I have on red line coming from somewhere else how is that one going to be affected and what does it do?

LtlLinds424: the day that you stop only spitting game and not producing girls in your bed... we'll talk

My Dragons
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-16-2005, 05:48 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight
Ok. I was just looking at it and....Did you cut the little elbow fitting off of the red line that goes to the top of the FPR and just plug that in like that?

Can we use the extra nipple's on the vaccum fittings on the firewall.

If I unplugg the fittings on the throttle body I have on red line coming from somewhere else how is that one going to be affected and what does it do?
No, I didn't even cut the elbow, I just pulled it off of the FPR and plugged in the hose from the NMU.

And I don't understand your question about unplugging the fitting from the throttle body. The line that you pull off of the FRP should be the same line that you pull off of the throttle body.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-16-2005, 06:25 PM
PostWhore

I guess what I am asking is how did you put the hose on the line from the FPR. Did you cut it or did you get a fitting on it?

My Dragons
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-16-2005, 07:33 PM
PostWhore

Well I did that. I got a couple of misc. vacumm line fittings and just put it there. I did the intake line into that and the fuel line to the FPR. It worked nice but I will wait to hit the switch for when I am on the dyno. I don't know how it will react with the chip that isn't tuned for it so better safe then sorry! I can't wait. The dyno will cost 525 for a SCT 4 bank chip and two tunes. He said it should take more than two hours including straping it down.

My Dragons
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-17-2005, 12:13 PM Thread Starter

That sounds good, let us know what happens and how everything turns out.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in