needs help with setup - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-01-2007, 02:35 PM Thread Starter
3rd Gear Poster

Question needs help with setup

ok, i got a nitrous express kit and am wondering about the setup. I have a screamin demon super coil pack and ngk plugs one and two steps colder. i'm not sure which ones to run or at what gap with the performance distributor. is a gap .025-.030 enough? is one step colder good enough for a 100 shot? what setup is safe for my motor and what setup has been track tested that i can rely on?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-03-2007, 10:39 AM
6th Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to ry2lazy4u
youre gonna put this on a NA V6 or SC?
i cant beleive it but there is a green 93 NA V6 tbird with ZEX 125 Dry Shot that runs 15.0
The guy has exhaust, fuel pump, fuel pres reg, 2 program chip, gears, and all the ignition goodies.
oh yea and 125 shot.
im surprised the car can take it honestly.

Three Birds are Better than 1! Current rides...
Red 96 LX 4.6 <----> Blue 95 LX 4.6 <----> Pearl 94 LX 4.6 (parts car!)
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-03-2007, 02:04 PM Thread Starter
3rd Gear Poster

Post my car

i'm goin to... scratch that. it is on my NA v6. i really don't want to rely on a power adder on makin most of the power i need. i'd really rather make most of the power on motor. I do not believe that the guy has a 125 shot on a NA v6. NX does not recommend using more than 20hp shot per cylinder. that brings up the question of whether or not he has forged pistons rods etc. if he does he could even run more.

you're right though. i'm also surprised the car is taking the abuse also. so who is this guy? one of ours? but i digress. do you have any info or know anyone that can help me?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-12-2007, 09:04 PM
6th Gear Poster

Send a message via Yahoo to joker77_2005
if your gonna run a 100 shot first take the octane adjust plug out,i believe it will drop about 2 degrees of timing,then run her down the track ,if all feels good and ur ready put the octane plug back in and run her on the 100 shot .i run my stock 96 bottom end on a 125 shot and was able to hit a 12.82,when i took it to the dynotune i was amazed to find out that when i am spraying the engine i was running well above 18.0-1 air /fuel ratio(which is way lean)i did up the fuel jet and have yet to get a free moment to take it to the track to see what i have picked up
mike

1990 ford f150 5.0
1989 cougar xr-7 5spd 5.0 --249hp/[email protected]
stock bottom end 200k plus miles,afr165 heads,explorer intake,75mm tb,80mm maf,e-cam,30lbs injecters,mac 1 5/8 long tubes,homebuilt foreward manual transbrake aod,3.73 gears,welded open diff,100 zex wet shot
1989 mustang gt [email protected]
1984 tbird 5.0 auto
1999 chevy tracker...wtf!!!!!
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-12-2007, 10:00 PM Thread Starter
3rd Gear Poster

thank u

thanx bro. you're using 125 on a V8 right. um i think i'm gonna have make a few safety modifications to my kit like lower jettings fuel pump and you know pressure gauge and other stuff you know homie.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in