TCCoA Forums banner

front end without side light?

935 views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  GreenBird 
#1 ·
I have a 90 SC wonder if there was a year without the side lights that would fit my car

#4 ·
Yes...the "cornering lights" are awesome. I had them on my 91, and my SHO has them too.

I know they were an option for base and LX models, not sure if they were standard or optional on SCs.

To answer the first question, yes. you will need a new bumper cover. Then just remove the lights.

to answer the second question, yes you can add them on. All you need is a saw, the housing (from jnobles?) wiring, and a wiring diagram. basically you connect it to the samw switch as the turn signal, but before it converts the signal to blinking. A blinking cornering light is basically useless.

#6 ·

side markers are for grandpa's.

hehehe, i'm just kidding. I don't really see the need for them, and I like the "clean" look. The bumper looks much better without them in my opinion. Mine isn't an SC bumper...it was stock on my 92 sport. the only difference is the "SC" lettering, which, once again it looks better and more clean without.

-danimal

#7 ·
My SC cover has cornering lights...

Glowing escape Who ever told you that SC's didn't come with cornering lights lied to you... I put on the SC body kit and well my base wasn't equiped with the wiring for them so I have them but they serve no function.

As for the years that don't have them. 94-97 I know for sure don't and well 89-93 I think it was based on which package you purchased. I know my base 90 didn't but my buddies base 91 did so who knows.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.