Innovators west 8 rib conversion issues - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-06-2007, 06:48 PM Thread Starter
5th Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to Slowpoke
Innovators west 8 rib conversion issues

Where exactly do you need to grind on the timing cover...I apparently am having clearance issues

Thanks guys/gals

Going for broke!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-07-2007, 01:28 PM
PostWhore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpoke View Post
Where exactly do you need to grind on the timing cover...I apparently am having clearance issues

Thanks guys/gals
On the crank positioning sensor journal. You might not need to shave this much though... this is my 8.5'' dampener. Also had to grind down the backside. Be very careful not to break a hole on the cover.

2002 EXPLORER: 400+whp 2v/M90 434tq / 401rwhp @ 9psi.. suv, 20's, IRS, slush box
COMING SOON: Modular Performance 324ci, Trick Flow Heads w/custom grind cams, Tork Tech TVS SC
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-07-2007, 05:26 PM Thread Starter
5th Gear Poster

Hey thanks.

I dont seem to have an issue with the CPS....You also had to grind down on the timing cover as well?

This is just a disaster!

Going for broke!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-08-2007, 11:07 AM
PostWhore

Quote:
Hey thanks.

I dont seem to have an issue with the CPS....You also had to grind down on the timing cover as well?

This is just a disaster!
No prob.

Well I considered my CPS journal as part of the timing cover.... so other than the that, i did not have to grind anything else down. Just what you see and on the back that is not visible in this pic.. part of the journal I guess but the backside, because the dampener also rubbed on the back.

2002 EXPLORER: 400+whp 2v/M90 434tq / 401rwhp @ 9psi.. suv, 20's, IRS, slush box
COMING SOON: Modular Performance 324ci, Trick Flow Heads w/custom grind cams, Tork Tech TVS SC

Last edited by awdRocks; 10-08-2007 at 11:27 AM.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-08-2007, 01:42 PM Thread Starter
5th Gear Poster

Thanks man..Seems my balancer is also a tad different then yours. WOnder if there can be differences in timing covers as well...Ahh Guess Im pullin it off!

Going for broke!!!!
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-08-2007, 01:52 PM
PostWhore

mmmm... how big is your dampener? 7.0 or 7.5''? From what I understand up to a 7.5'' doesnt require shaving down the journal.

I have seen the Innovators, they are different but as far as clearance issues it should be the same. Timing covers might be different, im sure our pulleys are a little different, but the only other place you might have clearnace problems I could imagine would be the water pump. But again, I think up to a 7.5'' it should clear. I HAD to change to a electric water pump with a smaller than normal pulley on it, but thats only because my dampaner is massive.

post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-08-2007, 01:54 PM
PostWhore

You know you might also have a different tensioner than me... I think the one bolt tensioners require something different to clear the bigger dampeners.... I have a three bolt tensioner. It BARLEY clears my dampener... by like a mm with the belt on.

post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-08-2007, 02:14 PM Thread Starter
5th Gear Poster

I have an electric waterpump and no tensioners on yet..I wonder if I could have possably overtightened the balancer. I imagine it only goes on so far but who knows at this point.

There does appear to be a raised aluminum bump its interfering with..Wonder if thats it. I;d juts like to hear someoen say.Oh yah..I had to do that too!

the balancer itself looks as though its on at the right depth

Going for broke!!!!
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-08-2007, 03:49 PM
PostWhore

Quote:
I have an electric waterpump and no tensioners on yet..I wonder if I could have possably overtightened the balancer. I imagine it only goes on so far but who knows at this point.

There does appear to be a raised aluminum bump its interfering with..Wonder if thats it. I;d juts like to hear someoen say.Oh yah..I had to do that too!

the balancer itself looks as though its on at the right depth
Yeah that is what I meant about grinding the back side. The CPS journal has a little hump that extends a little further towards the center of the cover. Here you can see it on this pic. I don't think you can crank down the dampener to far... when it bottoms out, its set. But if your new dampener extends far enough to hit that extra little humpo, it will seat on it and rub. I had to grind that one down also... still had more grinding to do on this pic... I don't even think I had started on the back hump yet.

You can see here that the stock dampener does not reach that extra back hump...

Last edited by awdRocks; 10-08-2007 at 04:13 PM.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-08-2007, 03:58 PM
PostWhore

I think I have a pic of the finished grinded journal and cover without the dampener at home. Ill search for it tonight when I get home from work... it will help you know how far down to grind.

But what I did is I put on the stocker all the way down, and then measured the distance from the back of the dampener to the timing cover, then eye ball across to the hump, and you can see where it would hit if you could magically just move the dampener over to the left. Be patient on the grinding... I don't know how thick that hump is... but you do have more material than you would think.

Last edited by awdRocks; 10-08-2007 at 10:16 PM.
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-08-2007, 10:05 PM
PostWhore

Here here go....

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-08-2007, 11:55 PM Thread Starter
5th Gear Poster

Thanks man. I think my cover is slightly different but thats about teh spot. I will recheck tomorrow. Your dampner is definitely larger then mine..I got the 10% OD..

In the process of getting the MP MPX blower to fit...I'll let you knwo how that works out. Really didnt get any answerd from AEDI likes (after a month of waiting) So I said F it...

Also the High Speed Lab os doing m112 rotor upgrades to M90's..Shorter snout and a spacer using factory m90 case..Of you di
dnt already go for the race kit

Going for broke!!!!
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-09-2007, 12:01 AM
Beer and Cheese

Garage
Quote:
Also the High Speed Lab os doing m112 rotor upgrades to M90's..Shorter snout and a spacer using factory m90 case..Of you di
dnt already go for the race kit
Wha-ta-what?

God Bless the men & women who have served and serving to keep us free
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-09-2007, 02:14 PM Thread Starter
5th Gear Poster

Man you guys need to keep up with the flow! On the sccoa look under group buys then under m112 conversion.

Used factory m90 case or mPII or MPX.. A spacer...A shortened snout, m112 rotor pack that is pressed for use in an m90 and lastly the factory inlet.

I cant see why it wouldnt work on the AED kit..Im just not willing to spend that much on my v8 car when it will make less power then my v6......Go figure

Going for broke!!!!
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-09-2007, 02:16 PM Thread Starter
5th Gear Poster

or your sport m90 case of course...Only thing that may have to be slightly different is the snout being we have ours machined for th eblower bracket..Intercooled m112 that knoone could tell the difference...Stealth Id say

Going for broke!!!!
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-09-2007, 02:28 PM
Beer and Cheese

Garage
So kind of power increases are we talking about here with the M112 rotor swap, sorry I had no idea about it, never heard about it until now.

Edit:

Good God!! Good looking, reading the tread now...

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89988

God Bless the men & women who have served and serving to keep us free

Last edited by OxmanWI; 10-09-2007 at 03:18 PM.
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-11-2007, 12:32 AM Thread Starter
5th Gear Poster

He hasnt even gotten a good dyno pull...He was blowing SC oil all over his belt. Hopefully Ill have my MPX on soon as I figure out a few things with my car,,mpx better = 400rwhp[!!!

Going for broke!!!!
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-11-2007, 09:34 AM
PostWhore

Quote:
He hasnt even gotten a good dyno pull...He was blowing SC oil all over his belt. Hopefully Ill have my MPX on soon as I figure out a few things with my car,,mpx better = 400rwhp[!!!
You will for sure bust 400 with the MPX, with the right supporting mods.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in