Anderson Power Pipe any 1 tried????? - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-28-2010, 03:04 AM Thread Starter
3rd Gear Poster

Anderson Power Pipe any 1 tried?????

ive been wondering if any 1 has tried putting an Anderson Power pipe? by the looks of it seem not to work but wondering if by making a hole like the mustang has in the fender well will it work..my V1 kit came with it..but the project has been down..and barely getting to it..and id love to have this thing on along with a Vortech mini race by pass valve..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-28-2010, 03:55 PM
PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to CobraRThunder
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtySouth View Post
ive been wondering if any 1 has tried putting an Anderson Power pipe? by the looks of it seem not to work but wondering if by making a hole like the mustang has in the fender well will it work..my V1 kit came with it..but the project has been down..and barely getting to it..and id love to have this thing on along with a Vortech mini race by pass valve..
Got one in my car. But it wasn't a bolt in fit. I had to cut it down. and weld it back together to make the factory hole in the fender. Got my pipe for next to nothing so didn't bother me to cut it up.

Chris

4R70W From DirtyDog
VORTECH BLOWN w/3.12" Reichard ultra-grip pulley
TEA Stage2 PI Heads, 9.5:1 manley slugs/manley H-beams, cobra crank, VTStage3 blower cams, Trick Flow track heat intake, FMIC TR1245 intercooler, ART Dual 2.5" exhaust/Stainless/no cats, KOOKS coated headers, 4.10 w/ Auburn Pro, aluminum 8.8 housing, Dynotech driveshaft, Koni's, Eibach Springs, Baer 13" big brake kit. cobra rear brake/hub conversion, VMP Slot Blowthru setup, #60 Inj. 75mm TB,
615 rwhp/500 torque 15.5psi best of [email protected] still needs tuning.
CarDomain http://www.cardomain.com/ride/426794
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-29-2010, 08:30 AM
6th Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to Red97Tbird
I say just make your own. You can get everything you need off ebay. We got mine way down in the front bumper. Just had to widen the factory hole.

4.6 explorer motor,Water meth injection, V1 Vortech, 3.48 pully,BBK 78mm, Dirty Dog 9.5 converter 3500 stall, RobertP built trans, 8.8 rear with trac lock, 3.73 gears, BrainCoating manifolds, Dual 2.5" exhaust.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-29-2010, 05:23 PM
Seasoned Veteran Poster

That is what I did for my car last year - made a 4" diameter system using hose connectors from Hose Techniques and aluminum pipes from Treadstone Performance. The lower portion is similar to the MAC system (except bigger diameter) and the upper portion is just a straight section leading into an angled reducer hose. The 4" diameter matches the 90mm LMAF well, but I had to reduce to 3" at the BBK T/B. I finished the install off with a large oval K&N filter which just fits inside the front fascia.

MikeB
1997 Thunderbird Sport
5.0L-2V PI S/C
540 RWHP / 492 RWTQ
11.28 @ 123 MPH
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-31-2010, 02:07 AM Thread Starter
3rd Gear Poster

Well i have the power pipe and love the way it looks..and wouldnt really like to cut it up..would like to cut out the fender wall as the mustang has it.. to keep the pipe fuctional..wondering if its possible..instead of having it downwards in the stock location.. i have bullit intake and im also planning to run the vortech mini race bypass valve..Cobra R made sum serios HP with his set up..i have comp cams XE268H cams and ported pi heads and just bought sum ferrea stain less valves but need to buy the valve seats for them..any one know where to get them at a good price? i hope to make close to 500 HP with my set up.. .20 mahle pistons, forged rods and cobra crank..going into a Teksid block.. appreciate every ones help and info.. by the way got me sum 18' Cobra R's Deep dish..in chrome..look sweet..ill try to get sum pics up..
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-21-2010, 10:12 AM
MaleWhore

Send a message via AIM to smokymance
what is the diameter of the Powerpipe? 4in?

1997 MN12 Sport 4.6L Supercharged 5 Speed Sold
1998 Mark VIII LSC Teredor Red, Parts car, PM me
1998 Mark VIII LSC Pearl, Stock, Garage Queen
2000 Jeep XJ 4.0L Long Armed and Locked
2008 Yukon Denali 6.2L Supercharged

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in