Help.... - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-23-2004, 09:20 PM Thread Starter
3rd Gear Poster

Help....

Found out that the Ford Stock Fuel lines for the 97 Thunderbird are discontinued. I need to replace the fuel line since mine has a leak and is spray fuel all over the AED air inlet tube. WORD OF WARNING TO ALL: BBK VALVE COVERS LOOK NICE BUT CREATE A CLEARANCE PROBLEM....Hence, why my fuel line cracked...

I spoke with Ormi Brothers (A Custom Fabricator of hoses) and they can fabricate my fuel line, but I need to obtain the ford stock clip that attaches into the fuel rail. This is the part that is leaking on my current fuel line. Thus, since ford does not seel the part separate from the stock fuel line and the stock fuel line is discontinued, I am in a dilemna...Any suggestions? At this point all is appreciated since my car is undriveable and I am anxious to use it...

Any suggestions on how to use a different fuel rail system that could use AN fittings with the AED kit? Scott at AED said that the REV II fuel rail will not clear the air inlet tube, or we would have just used that...

HELP...

-Steve

AED 9 PSI Supercharger, .30 over Forged Block with Manley H-Beam Rods & Pistons, Innovative West 10% Overdrive Crank Pulley, Thump RRR Tensioner Pulley, Cobra Crankshaft, BPE Racing Stage 2 Ported & Polished Heads, Crower Direct Replacement Cams, 70MM Throttle Body, MAC Cold Air Intake, 80 MM L-MAF, 38Lbs Injectors, JBA Ceramic Coated Headers, Metal Matrix Drive Shaft, Kevlar Clutch & Kolene Reaction Plate Transmission, True 2.5" Dual Magnaflow Exhaust (Cats & Mufflers), Griffin 1 1/4" Radiator, B&M Racing Trans Cooler, Hughes 2750 Stall Torque Converter, 3.73:1 Gears with Traction Lock Differential, Trans-Go Kit, Superchips Custom Tune for Supercharger, 17" SVT Wheels, Kenny Brown Suspension Enhancers & Eibrach Lowering Kit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-24-2004, 04:01 AM
Like Titles Matter

Why not re-use the ends you already have? That stock nylon hose is just a push lock deal, a quick slice with a razor blade and you have the old hose off the existing ends.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-24-2004, 10:20 AM Thread Starter
3rd Gear Poster

I would do that, except that it is the connecter that is leaking. I found that Russell and Aeromotive make AN fittings that will fit into the stock fuel rail, but they are for a 3/8" diameter line and the stock is 5/16". If I replace the line with a 3/8" all the way back to the fuel filter or even the tank, will this be okay???? Do I need to use an AN Fitting Fuel filter now? I would prefer to stay with the ford fuel filter, since it is brand new. I believe that there is a connection just before the fuel filter and will attempt to replace to there instead of splicing.

Does this seem okay????

- Steve

AED 9 PSI Supercharger, .30 over Forged Block with Manley H-Beam Rods & Pistons, Innovative West 10% Overdrive Crank Pulley, Thump RRR Tensioner Pulley, Cobra Crankshaft, BPE Racing Stage 2 Ported & Polished Heads, Crower Direct Replacement Cams, 70MM Throttle Body, MAC Cold Air Intake, 80 MM L-MAF, 38Lbs Injectors, JBA Ceramic Coated Headers, Metal Matrix Drive Shaft, Kevlar Clutch & Kolene Reaction Plate Transmission, True 2.5" Dual Magnaflow Exhaust (Cats & Mufflers), Griffin 1 1/4" Radiator, B&M Racing Trans Cooler, Hughes 2750 Stall Torque Converter, 3.73:1 Gears with Traction Lock Differential, Trans-Go Kit, Superchips Custom Tune for Supercharger, 17" SVT Wheels, Kenny Brown Suspension Enhancers & Eibrach Lowering Kit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-24-2004, 09:08 PM
Like Titles Matter

Yes that should be fine.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-24-2004, 09:55 PM
On Probation

I have a extra passanger side fuel rail if you need it I will send it to you just for the cost of the shiping.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-29-2004, 12:42 AM Thread Starter
3rd Gear Poster

Thanks for the offer blown96bird, but it is not a fuel rail problem, but rather the fuel line connection that fits into the fuel rail.

I am now planning on using the Russell 640900 (6 AN to Inlet side of the Rail) connector and braided line. Not sure how far to go back to...Anny suggestions? Should I go back to the fuel filter or before?

-Steve

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-07-2004, 12:00 AM Thread Starter
3rd Gear Poster

Thanks for the Help Blownbird and A-Train....

$257 dollars in parts and I have the equipment to build a custom stainless steel braided #6 AN fuel line from the fuel rail to the fuel filter. Not sure what my mechanic is gonna charge to install it, but rather he messes with the gas then me...

-Steve

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in