My plan is coming together what do u think??? - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-17-2005, 01:15 PM Thread Starter

My plan is coming together what do u think???

Okay I am new to this site I am a common poster of sccoa and just thought i would try this site as well it has some cool people and so here I am. Okay about what i ahve now haha here goes I have a 1991 ford T-bird SC it has only 80K on the motor and i have built it up heres a list of what is already done.

Stock short block (with coated pistons and hellfire rings)
Race prepped heads (oversize valves, bigger springs, welded exhaust ports and D shaped, fully ported and flowed on a super 600 flow bench etc etc)
ported lower intake manifold
ported exhaust mannys
2.5 in duals no cats going into a magnaflow resonator out 3 in pipe and 2.5 duals going out ultraflo mufflers
ford performance wires and coil
Magnaport 2 blower with a set of new gen 5 teflon coated rotors from a GTP
5% overdrive pulley
MP 90MM intake manifold
MP 85mm TB
MP cold air seperator and 3.5 in intake system
82MM pro M MAF
custom air/oil seperator
38 pound injectors
MP raised top ported out by coy miller
3.55 rear end gears
centerforce dual friction clutch
brand new rebuilt 5 speed modified by tommys racing transmissions
used a plasma cutter and hole saw and removed over 500 pounds of weight without sacrificing looks, structural integritiy, or comfort
245/50/16 yokohama tires all the way around
eibach springs

Okay now on to whats going in and what some of your thoughts are as too what HP i'm at now and what i will be at. I have been working with STS turbo systems Sir williams has a set up like what i am doing to mine but I am adding this to what i already have and will be installing a stock pulley for the blower to lower its output to 10 PSI versus the 15 I'm getting now. I will remove the 2 duals out the back and attach the turbo to the 3 in thats already there and then make it run between 8-15 PSI to the new 76MM C&L MAF that I will install and make it a blow through since the roots does not compress the air and it doesn't care if it is flowing compressed air or non compressed air it will simply increase my efficiency because I will no longer have to pull air in and have some lost to back flow. The boosted air from the turbo will push it in and keep it from coming back out. XR7Dave will be burning my chip for the MAF to work properly and so that my timing will be covered as well as the 60 pound injectors that will be installed as well. To this will go in a new FMIC that will help keep things cool.

Well thats my plan let me know what you think thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-18-2005, 06:54 AM
On Probation

I am greatly concerned about the weight removal for structural durability. It concerns me using a supercharger and turbo charger together. If you were going all out race I would consider doing custom manifolds and place 1 large or 2 smaller turbos upfront insted of the rear. The 3.8 is nowhere near as wide as the 4.6 so it opens up options for turbo placement. It sounds like you are seting up the car to make 500 rwhp.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-18-2005, 06:32 PM Thread Starter

well I removed the weight from areas that would not cause any concern I took out over 234 pounds just in sound dentening material, then I took and hole sawed the doors and took out the rear seat supports removing another 75 pounds with the hole sawing, then I removed the bumper cover and even though the front bumper is welded to the frame I removed the outside parts that do not add to the strength of the bumper and removed the plastic guard thats atteched and that removed another 80 pounds I also removed the rear bumper plastic part as well getting rid of another 24 pounds, the entire AC system, wheel well guards, I installed regular seat belts and got rid of the tracks among alot of little things here and there and they ended up just adding up and when all was said and done i had removed a good amount of weight.

The engine bay with the 3.8 isn't as uncrowded as one might think after the supercharger crap is out of the way it does have more room than the 4.6 but it still is pretty tight, Plus i like the fact that I will have the low end grunt of the supercharger and the high end pull of the turbo!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in