TCCoA Forums banner

Should I get a 180* Tstat?

551 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  WaLieN 
#1 ·
I might be getting my UD pulleys back from Steeda this week, and I don't wanna run too warm. Should I get a 180* tstat? If so, where can I get em?

#2 ·
yea get it...

y not get it? it make your car run a little cooler which is better if you r in hotter conditions. i got my u/d on and had the 180 thermo and it works just fine. if you have an advanced auto parts near you go there. i got my thermo which is stant. i have a 1996 and it is part # 13398. the thermo, and the new o-ring gasket ran about $10. and is easy as hell to put on. 2 bolts near ther radiator hose where it connects to the engine. i had to learn the hard way that 30 minutes is not long enought to let the engine coolent cool down and i had a gyser pouring out of the side of steaming hot coolent spraying all over my hand! not too fun. but yea 2 bolts, take out the thermo and gasket, clean off the seat for the new gasket and i put a little bit of fresh coolent around the new ring just to make sure i didnt scratch it in any way. put the thermo with the springs facing down and retighten the bolts. viola you installed a 180 thermo! hope it helps

#3 ·
Yeah, I know how to install a thermostat, I've done it on 350's and 383's... but I was just wondering if it would help much. BTW, which UD kit do you have?

#4 ·
i have...

steeda crank and march water and alternator (the blue ones).

#6 ·
JustinH said:
The thermo on the 4.6 is right on top. Two bolts to take off the housing, then just drop in the new one.

Justin

I wasn't really asking how to do it... lol..:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.