shockwarehouse.com rant - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-06-2009, 11:30 AM Thread Starter
1st Gear Poster

shockwarehouse.com rant

Today is June 6th. I ordered a pair of Bilsteins from shockwarehouse May 17th. I order all my other suspension parts from supercoupeperformance. I had all my supercoupe stuff delivered and on the car in less than a week. (By the way, Bill over there is awesome and I am very happy with that site).
Now I am just waiting on the bilsteins, so I emailed shockwarehouse asking two questions.

First if I wanted to know if I could get a tracking number or at least an estimate on when to expect my order.

Second, They had given me a promotional code "Istayed" when I navigated away from the page for 10% off. They only gave me 10% off one shock and I wanted to know why. If I only get 10% off one shock and their shipping is free, why not place two separate orders?

I received an email three days later. Their exact response was "You get ten percent off the entire order of four you purchased two."
That's it. They completely ignored my question about where my order was. I didn't even get an explanation like "sorry they were out of stock and we had to order more" or something.

They do have a track your order page but it tells you nothing. All it is is a receipt of my order and a message at the top saying "Congratulations. Your order was placed successfully". This makes me think they havn't done anything with my order yet.

Since then, i have emailed them every few days and received no response. They have my money and could care less.

I understand that sometimes it can't be helped and that some items take longer to get shipped but that's when a quick message saying so is needed. Especially when the customer asks about it. God, I hope there is nothing wrong with them when or if I get them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-07-2009, 05:41 PM
Chapter Director Coordinator

did you CALL them?

sorry, i won't do business w/ any internet company that doesn't have a phone number

I bust ARP bolts by hand...

If Guns kill people, then...
...pencils miss spel werds
...cars make people drive drunk
...spoons made Rosie O'Donnell fat
~Gun Owners of America
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-07-2009, 08:28 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to The Great Obucina
umm....bilstein stopped makes shocks for our cars about 5 years ago.

"Booyah". Stu Scott.
1996 Braincoated, all Aluminum PI powered and obscenely loud Pearl White Tbird [email protected] AKA Dyrdek.
2013 Black on black FX2 Supercrew Ecoboost F150. Roll onto the scene with the ceiling missing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-07-2009, 08:47 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear Poster

The Bilsteins are officially for an '03ish Cobra Mustang but they are a direct swap for our birds. I have a pair of OEM sport shocks on the front. I'll be calling them tomorrow. If anybody is thinking of using them to get there shocks, it might be a good idea to wait til they get their act together. Or go someplace else
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-07-2009, 10:03 PM
Road warrior extrodinaire

Super Moderator

Garage
Ok, here's my take. Since I ordered mine from there and I link their site in the sticky bearing my name I'll play devils advocate.

1. They should have sent you an order confirmation email resembling the following; which includes several contact options including their phone numbers.

I changed my name for obvious reasons but other than that this is the order confirmation email that you should have received.

If you didn't receive this email check your junk email folder or you may have incorrectly entered your email address when you placed your order.

Quote:
-------------------------------------------------------------
Sent from Shockwarehouse.com on 11/25/2006 @ 07:57 PM
-------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Trunk Monkey,

Thank you for your recent order at Shockwarehouse.com!

Your order: [My five digit order number appeared here]

Click the link below to view or print your receipt.
[There should be a link here to your invoice/receipt including all pertinent information. The link in my archived email still works Two and a half years after I placed my order]

Click the link below to check the status of your order:
[You may find this link most useful]
http://www.shockwarehouse.com/site/status.cfm

All orders are fulfilled and packed within 24-48 hours. We then ship UPS Ground, which UPS states should take 1 to 5 BUSINESS days, Saturday and Sunday do not count.

All orders placed after 2:00 PM EST are process the next business day.

If you have any questions, please give us a call or email us.

In the US 800-245-7469
Local 954-772-9177
Email: [email protected]

Thank You
Shockwarehouse.com
Questions? [email protected]
2. I received a follow up email two days later with shipment information including a tracking number.

Have you been billed for the purchase? Try calling them at the numbers listed in the email above to discuss, if you don't get satisfactory resolution take it up with your credit card company.
Their phone number is also very largely displayed at the top of their contact us page. There are acceptable courteous ways of dealing with a missing order other than posting a rant on a forum.

Three days later is an acceptable time frame for a reply to an inquiry. Not answering all of the questions in the inquiry is not acceptable. If your order has shipped the tracking number should be on the track your order page that is linked to your receipt.
The order status and Shipping method should be on the top right and a tracking number should be in the "Note to Customer" section in the middle of your receipt.
I suggest you take a second, closer look at your receipt page it may have been updated and you may have overlooked something.

Sorry for your inconvenience. I'm sure there's a logical explanation.

Mods? Yea, I got mods ...
Air silencer delete, warp drive, dilithium crystals, flux capacitor, Slingshot Rubber band power adder, Moonshine & Gas, Leaf Blower Supercharger, Hamster Wheel & Hamster, Energizer Bunny generating 1.21 gigawatts, Mr. FusionŽ Home Energy Reactor, hover conversion and a sextant celestial navigation system (The original GPS)
Best 1/4: 1,320 nanoseconds @ 670,616,629.2 miles per hour

"There isn't that much difference anymore between spacecraft, aircraft and modern automobiles..." - Keith Henry, NASA's Langley Research Center
See a list of my real mods and pictures of my car HERE. The true performance of my car was made possible by the Carolinas Crew Chief, RobertP at Rob's Tire & Auto

Last edited by Trunk Monkey; 06-08-2009 at 10:03 AM.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-08-2009, 06:32 AM
Chapter Director Coordinator

well at least you decided to be nice 2nd time around TM

I bust ARP bolts by hand...

If Guns kill people, then...
...pencils miss spel werds
...cars make people drive drunk
...spoons made Rosie O'Donnell fat
~Gun Owners of America
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-08-2009, 07:52 AM

Super Moderator

Garage
lol yea, sometimes I bite my tongue.

Air silencer delete, warp drive, dilithium crystals, flux capacitor, Slingshot Rubber band power adder, Moonshine & Gas, Leaf Blower Supercharger, Hamster Wheel & Hamster, Energizer Bunny generating 1.21 gigawatts, Mr. FusionŽ Home Energy Reactor, hover conversion and a sextant celestial navigation system (The original GPS)

"There isn't that much difference anymore between spacecraft, aircraft and modern automobiles..." - Keith Henry, NASA's Langley Research Center
See a list of my real mods and pictures of my car HERE. The true performance of my car was made possible by the Carolinas Crew Chief, RobertP at Rob's Tire & Auto
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-12-2009, 01:02 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear Poster

Update: I received my shocks on Tuesday the 9th. The label says it was shipped from the shockwarehouse in Oakland, FL on the 3rd. Four business days to ship (not the problem). 13 business days to process. No updates (thats the problem)

Trunk monkey, Thanks for being a pal and trying to help. I had done all those things and I read every word on their website and my receipt 25 times. I got the first email but never received the 2nd follow up email. I was just upset that they never got back to me. They had my email. I even called and left a message.
They had my phone number.
I am moving in 2 weeks and got too many other things to worry about than thinking my order fell through the cracks. On their page they say, "If you do not recieve your order within 10 working days, please contact us, and we will have them trace your shipment".

The site is priced right and the shocks are awesome. I am sure super rare that something like this happens. Sorry about the rant but man was I ticked. I just had to b*tch but thats what rants are for. Maybe next time I'll just buy some Coors and "vent"
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-12-2009, 01:32 PM

Super Moderator

Garage
No problem. I understand your frustration. Glad they arrived - better late than never.

LOL, now you can buy some Coors, put those shocks on and take her for a spin while the Coors chills and have a cold one when you get back from your test drive to celebrate!

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-13-2009, 01:45 PM

shockwarehouse com rant

I have bought from them at least twice that I remember. On those occasions the only prices shipping I could find lower were from places with poor reviews. They ship promptly. When I received a partial order I contacted them. They they were helpful, and quickly determined that the order had been sent in two separate shipments.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in