Tension Strut Bushings - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-17-2009, 05:06 PM Thread Starter
PostWhore

Send a message via Yahoo to dmw_4814
Tension Strut Bushings

Has anyone ever purchased bushings for the front suspension tension strut/rod (I'm sure everyone knows I'm referring to the bar that goes from the lower control arm forward to the subframe) from supercoupeperformance.com? I'm replacing both my upper and lower control arms (I've already replaced the front strut/shock and front coil springs) because my T-Bird has 146,000 miles on it and I'm going to use that opportunity to also replace the tension strut/rod bushings, since the LCA will be removed. I was just going to buy Moog replacements bushings until everyone on here advised me against doing that, so now I'm wondering if the bushings that supercoupeperformance sells are recommended by anyone?

By the way, I previously purchased new lower control arms from Rock Auto made by Moog, but I now see that Advance Auto once again is selling the TRW-made lower control arms for the Super Coupe, which is actually the correct LCA for my 1997 LX sport (because it has the slightly stiffer LCA bushing). I went and purchased the TRW-made LCAs from Advance and will be returning the Moog units to Rock Auto (the TRW arms are actually cheaper, too)!

I've heard some say that the TRW-made LCAs actually come with new bushings for the tension strut/rod where it attaches to the LCA, so I'll have to check on that when they come in.

Thanks,

Dennis
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-18-2009, 10:28 PM
4th Gear Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmw_4814 View Post
I've heard some say that the TRW-made LCAs actually come with new bushings for the tension strut/rod where it attaches to the LCA, so I'll have to check on that when they come in.

Thanks,

Dennis
Yes they do come with them. I put a set of those LCA's in my '97 a year ago. Not sure if he's still in the OEM/dealer parts business, but maybe you can get with 93LX (Jon) to get genuine OEM Ford tension arm bushings. I've never seen anyone post about good results with anything else. You need to get the complete set for each side Strut Rod Bushing Kit Frame Side: E9SZ3A187A, was $73.92 last year. It comes as a whole kit, or individual small parts, but don't waste your time trying to save the metal parts. If he's still with a dealer, Jon will know what to get you, and you'll get a good price.

97 LX, 4.6, Dynomax catback, Mustang MAF/intake tube and Aviator throttle body, Xcalibrator2 by Lonnie at BOC, 180 t-stat, Super Coupe wheels with 235/60/16's, Kenny Brown strut tower brace, Tokico Blues, Eibach Pro-kit, some strategically placed MN12 Performance polyurethane pieces, '02 Grand Marquis transmission

Submariners do it deeper...

Last edited by terraplane8; 06-18-2009 at 10:34 PM. Reason: parts supplier update???

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in