universal energy suspension - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-21-2009, 07:18 PM Thread Starter
PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to thewishkah
universal energy suspension

I have looked but I cant find exactly what I need. I need the exact model number of the energy suspension rear swaybar endlink kit that I need for my 95 cougar v6. I was at autozone today and I looked at a bunch of universal ones but wasnt sure which ones i need. They had like 4 or 5 different lengths and thicknesses but i didn't want to buy the wrong one, I also didn't want to take off the old ones if they didnt have the new ones in stock. If anyone can let me know I want to do these asap. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-21-2009, 08:37 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to Chris_Murder
A quick search of energy suspension end links brings up several threads listing part number 9.8119RC I am currently using the same kit on my 1.25" lower thunderbird with no problems.

-1996 Pearl White Thunderbird 4.6 Sport 4v with many mods:
Current Best: 13.583 @ 103.74 10/2014.
227hp/241tq measured on calibrated mustang dyno, tested at full vehicle simulation with inertia enabled, no number skewing.
-2001 White Ford F-250 Super Duty 6.8 V10, 4-door, 4x4, Limo Tint, BFG KO2's, Bilstein 7100 Remote Reservoir Race Bypass Shocks, 6" Spring lift, Kenwood Double Din, K&N Intake, FlowMaster Exhaust
Amber_Murder's Daily Driver.
-2005 White GMC Sierra 3500 6.6 Duramax, Dually, 4-door, 4x4, Limo Tint, BFG Commercial T/A's, Rancho RS9000XL Shocks, Kenwood Double Din, K&N Intake, Banks Monster Exhaust
Chris_Murder's Daily Driver.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-21-2009, 08:51 PM Thread Starter
PostWhore

I saw those but i wasn't sure if they would work since my car isn't lowered. Thanks for the info.

Last edited by thewishkah; 06-21-2009 at 10:21 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-03-2009, 02:12 PM Thread Starter
PostWhore

I put on the new energy suspension end links today and boy what a difference. Don't know if the car had more pep then usual but it felt better on "launch" and tires spun more easily when I gunned it into a turn from a dead stop. It def also leans much less in turns. Can't wait to do the front suspension to have a nicely handling non rattling front end with no clunks lol.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-03-2009, 03:30 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to Chris_Murder
Did you end up going with the pn I supplied or a different kit?

-1996 Pearl White Thunderbird 4.6 Sport 4v with many mods:
Current Best: 13.583 @ 103.74 10/2014.
227hp/241tq measured on calibrated mustang dyno, tested at full vehicle simulation with inertia enabled, no number skewing.
-2001 White Ford F-250 Super Duty 6.8 V10, 4-door, 4x4, Limo Tint, BFG KO2's, Bilstein 7100 Remote Reservoir Race Bypass Shocks, 6" Spring lift, Kenwood Double Din, K&N Intake, FlowMaster Exhaust
Amber_Murder's Daily Driver.
-2005 White GMC Sierra 3500 6.6 Duramax, Dually, 4-door, 4x4, Limo Tint, BFG Commercial T/A's, Rancho RS9000XL Shocks, Kenwood Double Din, K&N Intake, Banks Monster Exhaust
Chris_Murder's Daily Driver.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-03-2009, 10:41 PM Thread Starter
PostWhore

Yeah that was the part number I used. Thanks again. I also noticed a lot of rattling that I thought was coming from up front/mid section of the car is not gone so I guess it was the rear end links this whole time. I will have to post up pictures of the old ones the area between the lower bushings( goes through LCA) was all destroyed, dented, and miss shaped. Car does feel much better now. I am surprised at how much something so cheap can affect the cars handling. The old bushings were brittle and I think who ever changed them last only replaced the bushing on the bottom of the end links because they didn't match the others in color (all others were black these were blue/green) and a slightly different shape.

I dont know how these will hold up being that my car isnt lowered but I figure If I have a problem with them like some people seem to have with the bolt snapping I will just go buy some grade 8 bolts that should do the trick. T
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-09-2009, 10:24 AM

Do you have any pics? I just ordered the same end links for my 94 Bird. Was it an easy install?
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-09-2009, 12:35 PM
5th Gear Poster

Hello Wishkah

Where the links to the rear the same length? Where did you get them at and how much are they? I would like to replace my stock ones because they really look flimsy especially the rod part of the links. I would really appreciate the info.
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-10-2009, 12:36 AM Thread Starter
PostWhore

I don't have pics right now but will be doing a bunch of work on the car tomorrow(or) saturday and will be glad to get some pics. The install wasn't to bad if your bolts aren't frozen. I sprayed mine with some PB and let them sit like 2 minutes before going to work and they came right off.
If you are a smaller person you can do these with the wheels on, however for me this was not an option because I am a big guy. If you cant get it with the wheels on, jack up the back of the car and put it on jack stands( after wheels are loose). Then use the jack to raise the control arm, I found it was easiest to remove the bolt that goes through the link on the upper side first then the top nut and last the bottom nut. Once they are out you might have to adjust the height of the jack to allow room for the installation of the new set. Pop the new ones in and repeat on the other side. Took me about 45 minutes because I had to jack it up, if not would have taken me 15-20 minutes.

Tino, I see you're in NYC which boro? If you ever need a hand just let me know. There aren't many of us city guy around this site. And to answer your question the length of the new ones is perfect.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-10-2009, 08:26 PM
5th Gear Poster

I am by the brooklyn-queens border. Near the western beef on metropolitan ave. I noticed that you also did your uca's today. I had to do mine on two different days in 20 degree weather. Wasn't much fun. You lucked out that it happened now when it was nice out. Hope that everything is good now. You have friday's off. That is pretty good. Well also post pics if possible of the end links in the rear.
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-11-2009, 01:19 PM

I just installed mine and I am very pleased now. A lot less clunking (only coming from the front now) and the rear feels better. Apparently the top bushing on the drivers side rear sway end link was completely gone!

But, great upgrade for only about $15 and 25 minutes.
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-12-2009, 10:39 AM Thread Starter
PostWhore

sorry for the delay.
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-15-2009, 05:56 PM
5th Gear Poster

wishkah is that the way you are supposed to put the links on? i put them on the same way that the stock ones were on with the nut on the bottom. Should i reverse them if this is not correct. Also i was only able to get one on. the other side it wouldn't line up so i had to put the old one back on. I bought them because the one side broke off, but the other was still good. Any info would be of great help to me. Thanks
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-15-2009, 06:18 PM
Rob
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to Rob
what is the PN on that kit? I want to get those instead of those expensive crap ones that I kill in about 2 yrs. We are talking about rear swaybar endlinks right?
-Rob

-Rob
RIP '94 Amber Fire Pearl Metallic Thunderbird on Bullitts [email protected]
96 Sport '02 Explorer PI with ported heads, 90MM LMAF, DirtyDog Marauder TC, Lasota tune, Jmod, Magnaflow mid-mount with X, no cats. Urethane drivers motor mount. HIDs!
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-15-2009, 07:48 PM

the part number is posted above dude....
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-16-2009, 12:39 PM
Rob
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to Rob
lol thanks man, thats what I get for not reading the whole thread. I'm gonna get some of these soon.
-Rob

-Rob
RIP '94 Amber Fire Pearl Metallic Thunderbird on Bullitts [email protected]
96 Sport '02 Explorer PI with ported heads, 90MM LMAF, DirtyDog Marauder TC, Lasota tune, Jmod, Magnaflow mid-mount with X, no cats. Urethane drivers motor mount. HIDs!
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-16-2009, 12:40 PM
Humble MN12 Genius
Super Moderator

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to XR7-4.6
Quote:
Originally Posted by tino View Post
wishkah is that the way you are supposed to put the links on? i put them on the same way that the stock ones were on with the nut on the bottom. Should i reverse them if this is not correct. Also i was only able to get one on. the other side it wouldn't line up so i had to put the old one back on. I bought them because the one side broke off, but the other was still good. Any info would be of great help to me. Thanks
Thats fine, I installed mine like yours when I got my addco bar, no issues at all.

-Matt
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-17-2009, 01:37 AM Thread Starter
PostWhore

Im sure it doesn't matter which way you put the bolt, I did it this way cause I thought it looked better and I saw no reason it would be ill advised to do it this way. Its been a few months now and so far so good, no bending or cracking so far, still look new.
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-17-2009, 01:39 AM Thread Starter
PostWhore

tino, I see your location is nyc so if you need help getting the other side on feel free to let me know and I will gladly give you a hand. It took a little maneuvering of the jack to get it to finally line up right but eventually it worked out just fine.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in