Vogtland Lowering Springs - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-21-2009, 10:15 PM Thread Starter
PostWhore

Send a message via Yahoo to dmw_4814
Vogtland Lowering Springs

As part of my (nearly) complete suspension rebuild on my 1997 Thunderbird Sport, I am considering buying the Vogtland 3/4" (or 1"; I'm not really quite sure which it is!) lowering springs. I am only considering buying these springs because I had to have my original front sport springs (spring code JJJJ) replaced with Moog coil springs because my driver's-side spring was broken. Since then, I haven't been especially happy with my front suspension because the front-end "floats" or "bobs" up and down just a little too much for my tastes - but, only on the highway (60-70 m.p.h.) when going over dips in the road. That "floating" effect has actually been slightly lessened by the fact that I installed new upper control arms on my T-Bird this past weekend. However, I'm still considering buying the Vogtland springs because I feel they would more closely approximate the stock sport springs than the Moog springs do.

I have two questions regarding the Vogtland lowering springs:

1. Keeping in mind that my car would be lowered only about 3/4"-1", would I need different front or rear sway-bar end-links?

2. Again keeping in mind lowering the car only 3/4"-1", would anything special need to be done during a front-end alignment?

Thanks,

Dennis
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-21-2009, 10:26 PM
Seasoned Veteran Poster

I have the Vogtland 3/4" drop springs, and I am very happy with them. I am using oem endlinks. The only issue alignment wise may be with the rear. There are two adjustments for rear camber, they both may be needed to properly adjust the rear.

Something I would recomend is installing air-lift air bags inside the rear springs. If you ever need to load up the trunk, or have a stereo system, it will help lift the back a bit.

-John Fordham

Thunderbird and Cougar Club of Southern New York
1993 Cougar XR7 302 HO AOD
240,000 miles and still running strong

1997 Explorer Eddie Bauer 302 HO AWD
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-22-2009, 05:39 AM
PostWhore

Garage
I went from sport springs to the 3/4" drop Vogtland springs with Air Lift bags in them. They will feel stiffer than the sport springs. I mainly use the bags when I tow my 20' boat.

1995 PI Tbird
2001 Lincoln Town Car Cartier L
1998 TA Vert
2004 Buick Regal GS
2000 Honda ST1100
1990 Mazda RX-7 2+2

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in