Shock Absorber Towers Rusted - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 03-14-2010, 08:29 PM Thread Starter
2nd Gear Poster

Shock Absorber Towers Rusted

Hey guys, I'm new to this place I just wanted to see if anyone has had the same problem with their Cougars. I live in Toronto and my Cougar's trunk is rusting a little. The shock absorber towers are totally rusted and cracked. I just wanted to see if you guys could suggest anything to fix this problem. I had a VERY slow leak in the trunk and i think I have spotted it. On both sides of the trunk corners underneath the weather stripping nearest the rear glass, there is a tack weld that water can slowly seep through. I bought some putty and i was just going to seal it up like that. I just made a photo bucket account to share the pictures with you guys. Their high resolution photos so everyone can see whats going on. I don't know if photo bucket automatically down samples pictures or not but i hope their clear enough.

I sprayed rust inhibitor on it for the time being, but i gutted everything out to see what im dealing with here. Im assuming i can cut out the old part and somehow fabricate a new wheel well or something. It doesn't have to be exact or anything

I also put some pics up for fun of the cougar itself.

Please give me your input

The link to my album is
http://s903.photobucket.com/albums/a...%20Suspension/

Thanks
Kyle
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in